Terry Pegula on offseason moves

We have one of the best owners in the league right now. Super rich and willing to spend it, doesn't run the team like a dictator, has input on all decisions but is willing to listen and defer to others opinions when it makes sense, humble and down to earth, emotional, and doesn't need or want to be the face of our franchise to feed his ego. Not to mention what he has done and is doing for the city as a whole. To say we got lucky that he bought the Bills and the Sabres is a huge understatement. Thanks Terry and Kim, we are stoked!

Terry is clearly a chiller... The part about him sharing a cry with Percy? My word.

the Pegulas seem to really wrap their arms around players in a family atmosphere. In the nfl that's not very common, it can feel very cold. I think some of the guys "on the edge" who have had off field issues like harvin and incognito feel like they will have the support to get things back on track.

At the same time I think the team has made business decisions that may not have been easy, like trading fan favorite Kiko and cutting a real team/community guy like Chandler. So there seems to be a good balance. The Fred situation is an interesting case. I don't see a reason to cut him this year, at least not yet. But I wouldn't expect them to offer him another contract next year if he still wants to play.

If you didn't love Pegula before not sure how you can't after reading this article. Rex has made multiple comments about what a great owner he is, and how he is all about building a true 'team' from the top to bottom, and how important the community is in that process.

So many good excerpts from that article. Amazing what a personal bond he seems intent to make with people in the organization

“I told Percy, ‘This isn’t about football; this is about you as a person. And I’m here, Rex is here, Greg Roman, all of us … we’re here to help you beyond football,’ ” Pegula said.

Pegula said Harvin became teary-eyed during their conversation, and the owner, who is known to wear his emotions on his sleeve, also became emotional. “I talked with him for quite a while,” Pegula said. “He’s a good talent and he’s part of the family now. He’s definitely a good person. He needs people to support him; we all do. And we’re going to support him.”

Edited by stevewin

Really seems Terry just gets it. He's involved, he lets the players know how he feels, but he's not like Haslam or Snyder who are going to force moves out of concern for the bottom line or misguided belief they know more than their GM. I could never imagine Terry whooping it up after the draft because they took the flashy QB and tell stories about how a homeless guy told him that's the pick.

A lot of players and coaches thank and single out how great the owners are when they sign contracts that play them a lot of money or give them good jobs. But every single player and coach seems to go out of their way to praise El Petulante and Kim Petulante for sincerity and being genuine good people. I agree with Yolo. I bet it sticks out because they are used to dealing with different kinds of billionaires, who can be distant, cold, aloof, self-centered, etc.