London game will be streamed on Yahoo

My choices are Apple TV with Yahoo app, or Vizio Smart TV Yahoo app. Will test both. Then again, since I believe this is going to be a football contest that sets the game back thirty years, I might just sleep in.

I agree with your assessment of the game. But you can't get me to believe you won't be watching like the rest of us :)

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, does not being broadcast on TV mean no TV timeouts after each TD, possession and so on? Could it be that the game will be over in 90ish minutes and won't be painfully slow with all the delays? Would probably hold the interest of the Brits better that way. Or is Yahoo running ads?

So, does not being broadcast on TV mean no TV timeouts after each TD, possession and so on? Could it be that the game will be over in 90ish minutes and won't be painfully slow with all the delays? Would probably hold the interest of the Brits better that way. Or is Yahoo running ads?

You know they will have their own advertisements. There's no way companies will pass up the opportunity to market to a worldwide audience.

You know they will have their own advertisements. There's no way companies will pass up the opportunity to market to a worldwide audience.

Yeah but I dare to dream. I was at the game a few years ago when high winds took out a transformer so TV could not broadcast for almost the entire game. It was so wonderful without all the delays.

So Rochester IS in the local market?

Isn't this an away game anyways?

Why wouldn't this be aired in Rochester?

I am hearing conflicting reports.

Someone please advise.

Imo

During the blackout days, Rochester was in the local market. All stations within a 75 mile radius of the Ralph were prohibited from airing a HOME game not sold out.

For this game they decided only one Buffalo station and one Jacksonville station can broadcast the game.

They are making up the rules as they go.

I will be out of town, so I can't DVR it.

I hope the Yahoo servers can handle it.

Exclusivity is NOT the way I want the NFL to go.

What I can still not figure out is will someone be able to start watching the game at say 11am from the beginning or just join the live stream? tHis is such a disaster if only way to watch game is while its active. I am sure many fans record games for watching later or watching afterward or again. Glad I have Sirius so I can at least listen live while I am enjoying my golf

ok for the tech savvy guys on the board which is not me, I have the yahoo sports app on my internet TV. I have never used it. do I have to sign up or register something, or do I simply hit the app, look for the game and turn to it.

I know i sound stupid, but don't want to be in a panic Sunday morning at 9:25 am, as it isn't working.

Help. I'm sure one of the young guys know what to do.

A serious thank you to any replies.

ok for the tech savvy guys on the board which is not me, I have the yahoo sports app on my internet TV. I have never used it. do I have to sign up or register something, or do I simply hit the app, look for the game and turn to it.

I know i sound stupid, but don't want to be in a panic Sunday morning at 9:25 am, as it isn't working.

Help. I'm sure one of the young guys know what to do.

A serious thank you to any replies.

I love that this event is causing many of us old-timers to enter the internet age!

I love that this event is causing many of us old-timers to enter the internet age!

but for so many it would be nice to have some sort of test stream to connect to to make sure the app or widget or whatever is configured and ready to go. Oh well this will become an NFL clusterfruck and hoping it's such a disaster that they do not try it again without capabilities to pause, rewind, record etc.

What I can still not figure out is will someone be able to start watching the game at say 11am from the beginning or just join the live stream? tHis is such a disaster if only way to watch game is while its active. I am sure many fans record games for watching later or watching afterward or again. Glad I have Sirius so I can at least listen live while I am enjoying my golf

This is my issue too. Ideally, I would watch it later. I can only watch about 1/2 of it live. I guess this means that I will miss part of a game for the first time in like 15 years. Thanks, yahoo.

This is my issue too. Ideally, I would watch it later. I can only watch about 1/2 of it live. I guess this means that I will miss part of a game for the first time in like 15 years. Thanks, yahoo.

I am going to be tryin a couple of stream recording pieces of software tonight with my son helping :lol:

Jack suggested playon, but that only works on Windows, and nothiung but Macs in our house...windows PC is for work and i cant install the app.