London game will be streamed on Yahoo

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than a two word answer can you please explain since you obviously have the answer. Looking at the apps with Chromecast support from the Google Chromecast page Yahoo is not listed anywhere.

You have to stream from a tablet, PC, laptop, or phone to your Chromecast. You won't find the yahoo app directly on the Chromecast.

I understand that. I have a 2nd gen Chromecast, after having the original chromecast. From the watchespn app I can cast directly from within the app. Yahoo is not listed as having that capability at all. I've done a bunch of searches and can't find any information either way about casting from within the app itself.

i will repeat what I said about it earlier in the thread for newcomers.....if you have an xbox, ps3 etc, you can get the yahoo screen widget and watch it through the gaming console, like others have said, if you have a smart tv, the widget should be on it...if you have a chromestick, roku ect, you can watch it that way. if worse comes to worse, watch it on your laptop or hook up an hdmi cable from laptop to tv and watch it that way.

I was under the impression it can be played directly from Apple TV on the Yahoo Screen app.

Right from the Yahoo page for Apple TV:

For Apple TV 2 and Apple TV 3, select the Yahoo icon from the home page.

For New Apple TV, go to the Apple TV app store and search for the Yahoo app.

I understand that. I have a 2nd gen Chromecast, after having the original chromecast. From the watchespn app I can cast directly from within the app. Yahoo is not listed as having that capability at all. I've done a bunch of searches and can't find any information either way about casting from within the app itself.

When you are streaming from your wifi connected device, you'll see a chromcast icon that will allow you view it on whatever display you have hooked up to your chromecast. It will look something like this:

Chromecast-icon-300x102.png

i will repeat what I said about it earlier in the thread for newcomers.....if you have an xbox, ps3 etc, you can get the yahoo screen widget and watch it through the gaming console, like others have said, if you have a smart tv, the widget should be on it...if you have a chromestick, roku ect, you can watch it that way. if worse comes to worse, watch it on your laptop or hook up an hdmi cable from laptop to tv and watch it that way.

So it WILL be on Yahoo Screen? I've heard conflicting things on that. Bought a Roku stick and looked thru Screen some, looks like garbage to me and its not clear how to even find something I might want to watch there such as, I don't know, the Bills game?

So it WILL be on Yahoo Screen? I've heard conflicting things on that. Bought a Roku stick and looked thru Screen some, looks like garbage to me and its not clear how to even find something I might want to watch there such as, I don't know, the Bills game?

From the Yahoo web page:

Roku

1. Press the Home button on the Roku's remote control.
  2. Select the Web Video category button in main menu.
  3. Select the Yahoo app.

If you're using the Amazon FireTV stick, head to your main menu, scroll down to Free Apps, and you'll see the Yahoo App in the list. Install it.

And if you live with any wifi power users like I do, set your router to block wifi for everything except your device during the game.

Yeah my wife is going to be pissed but she will get over it ;)

yes, downloaded the widget to xbox, the commercial was there as i opened it showing the bills game sunday at 930AM. also, while it is called yahoo screen, i think it may also be called plain yahoo when you search for it, then the widget/app is Yahoo Screen

yes, downloaded the widget to xbox, the commercial was there as i opened it showing the bills game sunday at 930AM. also, while it is called yahoo screen, i think it may also be called plain yahoo when you search for it, then the widget/app is Yahoo Screen

I'll have to download the app on the xbox as another option.

Any options for those of us who use PS3 or PS4? It wasn't on the Yahoo site, so I'm guessing not...

Buy a FireTV stick from Amazon ($40) or some other capable device, or laptop/tablet I'd have to guess.

Quite frankly if I didn't have a firetv stick already I'd just hook up my laptop to the TV via HDMI.

From the Yahoo web page:

Roku

1. Press the Home button on the Roku's remote control.
  2. Select the Web Video category button in main menu.
  3. Select the Yahoo app.

False. I just did this and there is no Web Video category in Main Menu. Just looked. (I have a Roku 1 so maybe thats why)