London game will be streamed on Yahoo

During the blackout days, Rochester was in the local market. All stations within a 75 mile radius of the Ralph were prohibited from airing a HOME game not sold out.

For this game they decided only one Buffalo station and one Jacksonville station can broadcast the game.

They are making up the rules as they go.

I will be out of town, so I can't DVR it.

I hope the Yahoo servers can handle it.

Exclusivity is NOT the way I want the NFL to go.

Rochester is considered a secondary market versus Buffalo is what they term the primary market. There have been other times that the game was on in Buffalo but not Rochester. Not many, but some.

Exclusivity has been what the NFL has been doing for many years with the Sunday ticket being exclusively on DirectTV.

Bottom line, the NFL will do whatever makes them the most money. As is their right, being it is their business and product (publicly funded stadiums and anti-trust exemption not withstanding).

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, I looked last night and have a Yahoo! app on my Apple TV (V1), so hoping that works.

In fact I watched this little clip - an inside look at the Bills Offense with Greg Roman: http://sports.yahoo.com/video/inside-look-bills-offense-002017850.html

If not, my work Macbook has an HDMI out port, so I'll just run right from there...

The BIG question is - Breakfast Beers, or Bloody Marys?

FWIW, I looked last night and have a Yahoo! app on my Apple TV (V1), so hoping that works.

In fact I watched this little clip - an inside look at the Bills Offense with Greg Roman: http://sports.yahoo.com/video/inside-look-bills-offense-002017850.html

If not, my work Macbook has an HDMI out port, so I'll just run right from there...

The BIG question is - Breakfast Beers, or Bloody Marys?

I'll be with the kids so we are planning on "Breakfast with the Bills". Eggs, bacon, french toast and so on. Might sneak in a virgin bloody Mary that is a little slutty ;) Looking forward to it :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

I'll be with the kids so we are planning on "Breakfast with the Bills". Eggs, bacon, french toast and so on. Might sneak in a virgin bloody Mary that is a little slutty ;) Looking forward to it :)

The tailgate spread might be my favorite part, I'm definitely going heavy breakfast scene - eggs, toast, bacon (or I might do a corned beef tomorrow and make homemade hash for Sunday), probably even a pancake or three with some fine Vermont Maple Syrup .

Let's do this! Go Bills / Go Breakfast!

Or, hold up, Breakfast Burger:

http://www.foodrepublic.com/recipes/breakfast-burger-recipe/

Edited by Heitz

This is my issue too. Ideally, I would watch it later. I can only watch about 1/2 of it live. I guess this means that I will miss part of a game for the first time in like 15 years. Thanks, yahoo.

Wow - I am impressed! There is no way in hell I could have watched every part of every game over the past 15 years. I'd rather have watched baby seals getting clubbed to death than watch some Bills' games (i.e. the Giants game this year I turned off after the first INT as I knew where things were headed).

I actually have a FireTV, not the stick. I have yet to test the Yahoo app there, but will tonight and report back.

Did you get a chance to look at that? I looked again last night with the Yahoo app for the stick, which I would expect to be the same as for the box, and saw nothing. I noticed too that on the Yahoo site for this event they do not specifically mention the stick, only the box. Man that would suck. I have a HDMI cable ready to go from a laptop if needed but I am hoping not to have to go that way. And of course I see no way to ask Yahoo that question either on that site. You would think they would try to be as helpful as they could be leading up to this event wouldn't you?

Edited by CodeMonkey

Did you get a chance to look at that? I looked again last night with the Yahoo app for the stick, which I would expect to be the same as for the box, and saw nothing. I noticed too that on the Yahoo site for this event they do not specifically mention the stick, only the box. Man that would suck. I have a HDMI cable ready to go from a laptop if needed but I am hoping not to have to go that way. And of course I see no way to ask Yahoo that question either on that site. You would think they would try to be as helpful as they could be leading up to this event wouldn't you?

I did open the app and did not see anything regarding the game on Sunday. I figured there might be something about it under the "Popular" category, but I saw nothing.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I did open the app and did not see anything regarding the game on Sunday. I figured there might be something about it under the "Popular" category, but I saw nothing.

That makes me feel better about the stick then, thanks :)

I posted something in "Yahoo Answers" so we will see!

Edited by CodeMonkey

I have a chrome stick, I tend to doubt Google has a Yahoo app.

Google does have the Yahoo and Yahoo Screen apps. Some of the videos do seem to have the cast button in the Yahoo app. The Screen app did not seem to have any casting features. I guess I'll find out Sunday morning. Does the broadcast have a pregame show so that we're not testing as kickoff is going on?

I have a chrome stick, I tend to doubt Google has a Yahoo app.

When you are streaming from your wifi connected device, you'll see a chromcast icon that will allow you view it on whatever display you have hooked up to your chromecast. It will look something like this:

Chromecast-icon-300x102.png

@SI_PeterKing

Friday GamePlan column previews week 7, plus one of the game’s biggest stars on playing with CTE risk. http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/22/luke-kuechly-carolina-panthers-nfl-concussions-player-safety

Ten Things I’ll Be Watching For This Weekend

1. Ladies and gentlemen, start your computers. For the first time in history, the NFL will stream a game live and for free on computers around the world Sunday. Bills-Jags isn’t exactly Pats-Packers, but it should provide an interesting barometer on Yahoo (which paid millions for the rights to the game) to see who in America will take to the computer to watch a mediocre matchup. But this is significant: With the game starting at 9:30 a.m. on the East Coast, it will be in prime time Sunday night in large swatches of Asia. So let’s see if China pays attention to a free pro football game at an hour people can watch it.

As a test last night I watched a movie via the Yahoo app on my fireTV Stick and it worked great. Not one stutter. If the game streams that well I will be very impressed.

I have to think they are well prepared with multiple high capacity servers in anticipation of the worldwide audience. Also saw this in reference to your post about commercials on the Yahoo stream:

@ProFootballTalk

NFL’s streaming game on Yahoo to feature about eight minutes fewer commercials than normal broadcast http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Tg4