Best team in the NFL if you take out the QB position

Yeah I know everyone gets excited about their paper teams during the offseason, but I honestly think we are the most talented team in the league aside from the qb position.

Coaching, top 5 defense with the best front 4 in the NFL, top 5 receiving corps (getting open, toughness, speed and hands I put Sammy, Woods and Percy against any three), a top 5 runner, special teams etc.

Yes the qb position is weak, and it's obviously the most important, but there are only a handful of elite NFL qb's in the entire world and it's pretty much impossible to see one hit the free agent market, so you have to get lucky in the draft. But as far as the rest of the team I think Whaley and Pegula have done a great job so far, hard to ask for much more.

We need to start the season in a few weeks.......

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get a free agent Guard I will agree otherwise it looks like we just have to run every play to the left

Every team has holes though. The Seahawks WR are not very good. The Pats corners are weak. The problem that the Bills have is that QB is the one position that you cannot afford a hole.

If we get a free agent Guard I will agree otherwise it looks like we just have to run every play to the left

Well, if they sign this guy, maybe they could run right as well. He'd fit right in with the 'building a bully' strategy...

Ron-Perlman-as-Hellboy-282x300.jpg

I think the Bills belong in the conversation for best talent:

Tier 1: Broncos, Ravens, Pats, Steelers, Cardinals, Seahawks, Bengals and Dolphins.

Tier 2: Colts, Chargers, Giants, Cowboys, Texans, Chiefs, Lions, Vikings, Panthers, Rams, Falcons, Jets

Tier 3: Bears, Jaguars, Titans, 49ers, Raiders, Redskins, Saints, Buccaneers

Edited by TallskiWallski83

It's very likely the Bills but that's like saying who is the best two man bobsled team if you take "driver" out of the question.

I love what we're doing though and top to bottom we're building a solid roster and one that is young.

A bobsled reference in a non-winter Olympic year. Nicely done. :beer:

Gotta give it to Whaley. He is building the best team he can.

Personally i think Whaley is ahead of his time by about 3-5 years. For many reasons i believe the way the league has been over the past 10-15 years is changing. Hardly any great QB's are coming out of college anymore, due to system style approaches by college coaches. The violent impact that high passing games lend them selves too, concussions. The fact that if you lose a QB your team is done, Indy 2011.

Bills need EJ to be Russell Wilson(esque) this year. They will have a shot at playoffs and more.

Bills are also built now to with stand injuries and still be competitive. Good job Mr Whaley.

We kept the right Doug!!!

Once again I urge us to remember the '11 Eagles and all the proclamations of "Dream Team" that offseason, and to pay heed to the wisdom of Mr. Wolf from 'Pulp Fiction.'

GO BILLS!!!

As unbiased as I can be /which is difficult.. By adding in our ST's (Carpenter, Schmidt, Gay, Sanborn, McKelvin, Goodwin, Easley) with our very deep, all-around defense and Glenn, Wood & company to our scary offensive weapons, well..

US!!

I see three major question marks at QB, an OL that isn't a strength which includes a guy who will make dumb mistakes. Watkins is as talented as any WR Buffalo has ever had, but has to prove it on the field. The secondary is a bit of a question mark and it looks like there is a question mark in the middle of the defense. All season, I see everyone talking about "Wait till Kiko is back" now we trade him for a running back.........

Add to this, a coach who acts like he spends more time prepping material for a press conference than for a game. Rex Ryan is not detail oriented to succeed long term in this league. I have the Bills finishing fourth in the AFC East. Sorry......

I see three major question marks at QB, an OL that isn't a strength which includes a guy who will make dumb mistakes. Watkins is as talented as any WR Buffalo has ever had, but has to prove it on the field. The secondary is a bit of a question mark and it looks like there is a question mark in the middle of the defense. All season, I see everyone talking about "Wait till Kiko is back" now we trade him for a running back.........

Add to this, a coach who acts like he spends more time prepping material for a press conference than for a game. Rex Ryan is not detail oriented to succeed long term in this league. I have the Bills finishing fourth in the AFC East. Sorry......

Interesting take. Given that we are status quo at QB and OL (Cassel for Orton is a wash), then I am led to believe by your post that the acquisition of Ryan alone will cause us to regress and fall to the bottom of the division. I don't know about that. We've made three very serious upgrades to our offense and have kept the D front seven intact. I don't see how Ryan makes us so much worse that we finish last.

GO BILLS!!!