Rivers in 2016?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad news atleast

Odds are that he will stay with the Chargers. The few stories that I have read regarding his contract situation indicate that if he were to leave it would be to a team in the south and closer to his and his wife's families. Tennessee's drafting of Mariota closed out one of his preferred locations.

Wishful thinking :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy: but if he was our qb this year the Bills would be serious SB contenders. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

that would be fine by me. We need him here ASAP. Super Bowl!!

obviously he wont just be a UFA, but even at a high compensation, there would be teams very interested.

Absolutely agree with both of you.

I think I'd happily ship two 1sts to SD to get him...it would take some careful tinkering with contracts to make it happen though.

Unless they have a horrible season and draft an assumed franchise QB next year I cant see this happening. And They're a pretty good team with a good coach, i like what they did in off season signing Stevie and drafting Gordon. Rivers may not be truly elite but unless someone has a franchise QB in tow, no one wants to venture into the unknown of QB hell like teams like bills, jets, browns, etc have been for years.

Edited by JTSP

For what teams are spending $20m on today they would be crazy not to re-sign rivers. Way better than dalton, tennenhill, Wilson etc.

He's a legitimate franchise QB.

It's my impression that Rivers is the guy holding up the deal...I think the team would gladly pay him.

Whats the cost of us trading for a tagged player again?

two 1sts?

CBF

To trade for a tagged player is undetermined; it gets negotiated just like any other trade.

To sign him--assuming they apply the non-exclusive version of the tag--requires that the team give compensation in the form of their own 1st-round picks from the next two drafts.

Find a way to sign Rivers and keep our guys. Mortgage the future but give yourself a 2 year Superbowl window... if we end up in the play-offs (even if 1 and done) or just outside them this year with the level of QBs we have I would do it.

Agree it will not happen though...