The QB situation is what it is. Move on already

Virgil

I keep seeing all these posts where downers keep talking about the qb situation and all our moves mean nothing unless it's fixed. Or there are posts about not getting Bradford or someone else in trade. We don't have a qb anyone wants to trade for.

Unless Kaep or Brees becomes magically available, there was never going to be a major upgrade at qb this year in FA or the draft. It's a moot point. All we can do is stack the talent around our mediocre starter and limit his ability to do damage.

So please, stop beating the same drum. We all know the situation and are trying to make the best of it. And for me, I think they've done as good a job in regards to offensive weapons as they can (once we get Clay or another TE)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure. It was an inside joke...from this board.

Gotcha, my bad. I wasn't trying to come across as a smartass if it appeared that way to you. I don't read or contribute to this board as much as I used to. Way to many instigators here.

The QB situation was good enough to make the playoffs last year short of some poorly timed penalties and turnovers. We're better this year with a slight downgrade at QB. We also have a coach who's been to the playoffs before and isn't going to blow it due to a losing attitude.

Our odds are better to make the playoffs this year. Also, don't forget the logjam in the wild card race last year. It probably won't be as competitive this year. If we even have the exact same year we'll probably make the playoffs.

I feel more comfortable about the QB situation now that the Bills signed Tyrod Taylor.

Matt Casell is just unspectacular and EJ may not be the right player for the job.

So let's wait and see what any of these guys can do.

I keep seeing all these posts where downers keep talking about the qb situation and all our moves mean nothing unless it's fixed. Or there are posts about not getting Bradford or someone else in trade. We don't have a qb anyone wants to trade for.

Unless Kaep or Brees becomes magically available, there was never going to be a major upgrade at qb this year in FA or the draft. It's a moot point. All we can do is stack the talent around our mediocre starter and limit his ability to do damage.

So please, stop beating the same drum. We all know the situation and are trying to make the best of it. And for me, I think they've done as good a job in regards to offensive weapons as they can (once we get Clay or another TE)

EJ in 15 = playoffs. I said it.

Cassell will start. He'll be better than most expect. Pray that Tyrod doesn't ever have to start because he is awful and has shown 0 improvement in 4 years in the league. He might be okay to keep around for the occasional trick running play but nothing more.

The QB situation was good enough to make the playoffs last year short of some poorly timed penalties and turnovers. We're better this year with a slight downgrade at QB. We also have a coach who's been to the playoffs before and isn't going to blow it due to a losing attitude.

Our odds are better to make the playoffs this year. Also, don't forget the logjam in the wild card race last year. It probably won't be as competitive this year. If we even have the exact same year we'll probably make the playoffs.

Im sure. It was an inside joke...from this board.

I laughed.

Cassell will start. He'll be better than most expect. Pray that Tyrod doesn't ever have to start because he is awful and has shown 0 improvement in 4 years in the league. He might be okay to keep around for the occasional trick running play but nothing more.

How much improvement should be expected from a guy getting pretty much zero snaps with the ones in practice and minimal playing time?

You're probably right that he's a "change up" guy who will be brought in for certain situations like short yardage or goal line.