The QB situation is what it is. Move on already

Virgil

I agree with the OP. Whether people like it or not is irrelevant. They have 3 QB's on the roster right now. I don't know as though the likelihood of carrying 4 on the roster of 55 players is likely. Until the time that someone is cut, I think the talk of drafting a QB is very premature. I also don't think it's likely that it's going to be an "open" competition. There's only so many reps to go around in training camp and in preseason games. Cassel is going to get his chances. They didn't sign him to be a backup and his pressers support that. He expects to compete to start. Rex has said he's excited to see what EJ can do. Unless he's lying, he will get a chance to start as well. What I hope happens is that the team figures out who the starter is going to be as soon as possible, and that person gets as many reps as possible. That's the only way this team can be successful. Whether it's Manuel or Cassel, I don't really care. Setting some wild expectation that it's going to be someone else is just a waste of time.

If you have two quarterbacks... you've really got none....or so the saying goes.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing all these posts where downers keep talking about the qb situation and all our moves mean nothing unless it's fixed. Or there are posts about not getting Bradford or someone else in trade. We don't have a qb anyone wants to trade for.

Unless Kaep or Brees becomes magically available, there was never going to be a major upgrade at qb this year in FA or the draft. It's a moot point. All we can do is stack the talent around our mediocre starter and limit his ability to do damage.

So please, stop beating the same drum. We all know the situation and are trying to make the best of it. And for me, I think they've done as good a job in regards to offensive weapons as they can (once we get Clay or another TE)

Read this.

http://www.goerie.com/john-dudley-ryan-needs-to-recognize-that-manuels-best-work-still-to-come