Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

• Yes
    • No
    • They will actually sign Clay Charles and he's a baller
    • Perhaps. I need to ask Pat Moran.
  2. 2. When will they sign him?

• 5 days from today
    • 5 days from tomorrow
    • When he is a FA again in 2019
    • NEVER. Big Sammy will start at TE and we will like it.
    • 5 days from "soon"

For what/who though? Idt it's necessary this year

Agreed. Until they do otherwise I'll continue to believe that the plan is to sign Mario to a new deal next offseason that will be backloaded with base salary and a huge signing bonus that will allow him to play out his career here while keeping the cap hit manageable until he retires.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imo they do have a an on-field rivalry and are the biggest rival in the division. I'm in the minority. But it's how I define "rivalry" I guess.

It's a rivalry, but it just hasn't been the same since the rise of NE. I blame Tom Brady for tarnishing the Bills-Dolphins rivalry, because like it or not, Buffalo-Miami games just don't carry much importance nowadays. Parity doesn't exist in our division.

It's a rivalry, but it just hasn't been the same since the rise of NE. I blame Tom Brady for tarnishing the Bills-Dolphins rivalry, because like it or not, Buffalo-Miami games just don't carry much importance nowadays. Parity doesn't exist in our division.

i own the fact that it's "just me." Lol. Hate 'em. Edited by YoloinOhio

Agreed. Until they do otherwise I'll continue to believe that the plan is to sign Mario to a new deal next offseason that will be backloaded with base salary and a huge signing bonus that will allow him to play out his career here while keeping the cap hit manageable until he retires.

A team friendly deal as well. Mario loves the Blue collar nature of Buffalo and has been a fan favorite sense. I see no reason why your scenario wouldn't happen. He has the money he wants, now will sacrifice a little economically to keep the teammates (Dareus) they need to win.

A team friendly deal as well. Mario loves the Blue collar nature of Buffalo and has been a fan favorite sense. I see no reason why your scenario wouldn't happen. He has the money he wants, now will sacrifice a little economically to keep the teammates (Dareus) they need to win.

That could happen. I don't really think he'll need to make any major sacrifice though.

Something like a 4-year deal worth $64M, $30M gtd. That way they can lump like $25M in base salary in the final year of the deal, and make the cap hit over each of the first 3 years a flat $11M. Mario benefits by getting $63M over the next 3 years instead of $38M over the next 2, and the team gets ~$9M per year in cap relief.

Because I'm bored I thought I'd point out all of the errors you made(sorry).

Dareus has a cap hit this year of $8.06M not $8.60M.

Your totals add up to $123M not $121M.

The SB portion of any NFL contract can only be amortized to a maximum of 5 years.....so your cap hit for $25M SB would be $5M/year for the first 5 years, and zero for the last 2. This(along with the $8.06M error) means your contract only provides us with a measly $1.06M in cap relief this season.

Your $30M 2016 guaranteed bonus cannot be amortized at all, and as it stands would all count towards the 2016 cap.

Apart from all that, all good. :)

The 30m can be converted to signing bonus- lot of teams doing that year 2 lately.

Does anyone know if there is precedence for this scenario:

1) bills sign Clay

2) Miami matches

3) clay tells Miami he won't sign with them/hold out

4) buff/Miami work out a trade of some kind to "release" Clay.

I feel like this might have happened when Welker went to the Pats from Miami, but I can't recall.