If there was ever a year not to have a first rounder ...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or we could have traded ours plus a roster player for Jimmy Graham.....

CBF

The Saints have been quite clear that they wanted a very good center along with the 1st. They were more concerned with the center than with the draft pick. Eric Wood is a decent center, but he is not at Unger's level.

Edited by scribo

Or we could have traded ours plus a roster player for Jimmy Graham.....

That's a valid point, criticism. I like Watkins, but Bills brass did not recognize quality of WR's as a whole in last years draft . OB jr + Jimmy Graham would look pretty good. Can't change it, but a valid criticism.

CBF

Make no mistake, that part of the equation was absolutely considered when they made the move for Watkins.

Look no further than the combine for an example. There's no comparison in the number of players with off-the-charts athletic ability from 2014 versus 2015...this year is much more like 2013.

This is it

@GregABedard: Seahawks only have first-round grades for 16 players in this year's draft.

So what? If the Bills didn't trade for Watkins, they'd have a pick in the top 16

:pirate:

Great point Yolo...now if only someone would clue in Shoop and Bullfrog they might let the issue go.

howard Simon was going on and on about it this morning. If anyone needed to stfu...

So what? If the Bills didn't trade for Watkins, they'd have a pick in the top 16

:pirate:

touche my friend

I feel the same way. I was reading a few draft guides and could only pick a handful that were sure fire first rounders. Good call by Whaley.

Is Whaley clairvoyant enough to know the 2015 draft would be bad a year before it happened?

Is Whaley clairvoyant enough to know the 2015 draft would be bad a year before it happened?

Yes, considering every expert who's opinion is worth a damn said the 2015 draft class was going to be week for over a year. It was reported going into the 14 draft that it was the deepest in years and would make 13 and 15 pale in comparison.

That's why so many on here were thrilled with the trade up to get Watkins without giving up a pick in 14. It was a bold move, and one that looked ahead as much as it looked to the present. Some people will always hate the trade because they hate giving up assets by nature, but anyone who looks at the trade dispassionately can see it was a very calculated risk.