Saints open to offers for Brees (edit -- fake tweet)

eball

Edit: real tweet https://twitter.com/MikeBaileyNFL/status/575390748130017282

Also, some guy on our DC Bills Backers page is saying he has an inside source saying that Bills are in negotiations to trade for Brees for Cassal and 2 picks. Don't know the guy. Take it with a large grain of salt.

DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER, I'M JUST SHARING. :ph34r:

Thanks for the scoop! I pray he's right

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not if your not responsible for the signing bonus. but they are and that makes him, beyond the soul of the team and city being untradable, financially unable to be traded too

Joke of a deal. He held them for ransom after bounty gate, and padded his starts in contract year. Edited by JTSP

per Mort.

Discuss.

If we really want to win we should be all over this.

1. Trade Marcel Dareus, who I think is our best defensive player. signing him next year will be tough and we sign Wilfork to play nose.

2. next years number one

3. QBs are more important than any other player by a mile.

Just say no!

I have a friend who's a Saints' fan and watched all their games. He said Brees showed signs of aging with reduced arm strength as he couldn't hit the deep ball. They even attempted less as the year went on.

As someone else said, it could be Bledsoe 2.0.

Well, with Bledsoe 1.0 all we had to do was beat the Pittsburgh 3rd string at home and we'd have been in the playoffs...

If we really want to win we should be all over this.

1. Trade Marcel Dareus, who I think is our best defensive player. signing him next year will be tough and we sign Wilfork to play nose.

2. next years number one

3. QBs are more important than any other player by a mile.

Can we do this with Skelton if Brees stays?

Peter King @SI_PeterKing 8s8 seconds ago

ICYMI, from a talk with Sea GM John Schneider, re Saints roster. - Schneider to NO GM Mickey Loomis: “Anything off limits?” - Loomis: “No."

Peter King @SI_PeterKing 39s39 seconds ago

MT @JebusFerrare: You indicating drew Brees available? … Doubt it. But his cap numbers next 2 yrs are awful: $26.4m this yr, $27.4m next.

To get Bortles, winston, or marcus the saints would have to throw brees and some picks in. Brees has 3-4 seasons left and although I'm not high on either guy it would still cost them. I'd seriously go at least two first for him. We could extend him two years to lower the cap hit like brady did and really go for a ring next year and the year after.

His cap hit would be 18.75 and 19.75 I don't believe that signing bonus carries over in a trade, Nothing to bills couldn't make work.

GM Mickey Loomis already said nobody off limits, As I've said anyone is available for the right price.

​ Although If they were to trade him I see it happening next year, if they trade him this year it would cost them 33.5 towards the cap, if they wait until next year they save 20mil in cap space and he would only count 7.4 towards the cap

Edited by gordong