Bilal Powell RB Jets- Leaning towards Buff

What jives: #Bills very high on Bryce Brown. View him as a '15 draft pick. Young & traded '15 4th rounder to get him from Eagles last year.

0 replies 1 retweet 0 favorites
  1. @ChrisTrapasso Note, Chris. The word is "jibes."

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso 29s29 seconds ago

#Bills sources have not mentioned anything to me about Fred Jackson. So I can't comment any info regarding him.

John Wawrow @john_wawrow 23s24 seconds ago

Well, that's it for me for now. ... emphasis on #fornow.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryce has great skills. I would not get rid of him. He was the number one football player in America in high school. His college experience was a misguided disaster, but he still has sick skills. He's an asset.

I think he's probably a bit sideways now that he's backing up the same dude again. But unless they can get some trade value for Bryce Brown, I think he's here to stay. And win.

Freddie? I don't know. It's a cold world, the NFL. I love him at about a million a year.

Bryce has great skills. I would not get rid of him. He was the number one football player in America in high school. His college experience was a misguided disaster, but he still has sick skills. He's an asset.

I think he's probably a bit sideways now that he's backing up the same dude again. But unless they can get some trade value for Bryce Brown, I think he's here to stay. And win.

Freddie? I don't know. It's a cold world, the NFL. I love him at about a million a year.

I don`t think he will accept being a #3 back well. It could cause friction. Better to let him ( retire ) or move on . Same as the steelers have told Troy P.

I hope this is a ploy to get the Jets to up their offer and give Powell extra money. Deal makes no sense Boobie Dixon is your special teams guy.

Can the team please focus on bringing in some real o line talent in versus spending time collecting RBs. Need tough guys who can open a hole and don't get blown up in the running game.

If Powell signs Fred is probably a goner. No way you keep 5 rbs unless you plan to convert one of them to FB either Boobie or Powell.

I hope this is a ploy to get the Jets to up their offer and give Powell extra money. Deal makes no sense Boobie Dixon is your special teams guy.

Can the team please focus on bringing in some real o line talent in versus spending time collecting RBs. Need tough guys who can open a hole and don't get blown up in the running game.

If Powell signs Fred is probably a goner. No way you keep 5 rbs unless you plan to convert one of them to FB either Boobie or Powell.

If talk is true that Bryce is #2 Freddy is likely gone anyway. That's a lot to sit inactive game days.

Powell sounds like competition for Dixon

Edited by NoSaint

The real dagger will be when he signs for cheap with the Pats. Bellchick loves him.

@MikeCatalana: I will tell you now. If #Bills somehow got rid of Fred Jackson he will be on #Patriots. BB loves him.

Catalana is reading this thread.

What's the point of of brining in this guy?

The Bills are deficient at QB, in case you haven't noticed. So they want to win with defense and a ground and pound offense. They must not feel like they have the RBs needed to do that. The backup, Jackson, is 34 and has a contract that would leave no dead money if the Bills were to cut him and replace him with a younger, cheaper version. That's about it.

The Bills are deficient at QB, in case you haven't noticed. So they want to win with defense and a ground and pound offense. They must not feel like they have the RBs needed to do that. The backup, Jackson, is 34 and has a contract that would leave no dead money if the Bills were to cut him and replace him with a younger, cheaper version. That's about it.

I'll say again- if brown is the number 2 Powell would be competition to Dixon on gameday. If Fred isn't #2 he will be inactive and at nearly 3m will be cut.

Catalana is reading this thread.

I think Catalana et al are living in the past. If this were, say 2010 or 2011, then I'd agree. But F Jax is 34 and I doubt he would be on the Pats radar at this point. You never know , but they usually go with younger, cheaper guys.

A lot of inside sources seem to agree that Freddy's leaving is fait accompli. If so, I'm genuinely disappointed to hear this. Freddy is not just a quality vet who always gets the critical extra yard, block or catch, he's also the heart and soul of the team. The consummate pro whose work ethic, attitude, leadership and credibility is necessary for every successful team. He's so much more valuable than a free agent special teams contributor, or a never-has-been stiff like Bryce Brown, who showed no heart and failed miserably trying to replace injured Freddy last season.

The impact of losing Freddy cannot be measured in statistics or dollars. It would be a damn shame for this young, talented team starved for leadership, and the fans of Buffalo who love him, to have this happen now.