SF FA guard Mike Iupati (update: going to Cardinals)

CJPearl2

Ya, I expect us to make one more big splash in free agency whether that's Bulaga or Clay or some wildcard, but I kind of see us going after one of the middling free agent lineman rather than Boling or Bulaga.

I really hope you're wrong because taking the bargain-basement approach has not served our line well.

I would like to see Boling.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the both Baluga, boling, and Clay or Cameron. Then we could truly go BPA in draft. (And then pray Green-Beckam fall to us at 50)

With his combine Beckham could be the 3rd or 4th WR off the board which means he should go late teens/early twenties of the draft. I want us to get AJ Caan come draft day but sadly think he'll be gone by pick 32.

Edited by The Jokeman

@viccarucci: Despite a report to the contrary, #Bills were not among teams pursuing OG Mike Iupati, who reportedly is headed to Cardinals.

interesting. John Murphy basically said the same thing on air tonight. Said he felt media ran with the idea, but didn't the bills were much interested.

you mean the whale or the caviar? : )

I hate to be that guy, but I'm pretty sure there IS actually a type of caviar called beluga, which is the fish caviar comes from AKA Sturgeon... not 100% sure, but, I think so :beer:

Edited by Uffalo Ills

The caviar, of course.

i knew that.

I hate to be that guy, but I'm pretty sure there IS actually a type of caviar called beluga, which is the fish caviar comes from AKA Sturgeon... not 100% sure, but, I think so :beer:

Yes sturgeon. and fish eggs are quite the delectable for some. so is champagne.

But there is also a species of whale . I had to ask !! :beer:

Edited by 3rdand12

I believe Carucci. It seems to me that if the Bills want somebody they get him.

Maybe they are of the mindset that Incognito is set at one guard, and they can get somebody to man up and take slot number two. Road grader Cyril Richardson was a first team unanimous All American human plow at Baylor. Suddenly lost his way.....Cyrus was pegged as high as 10th in the draft, was an All American at Alabammy, and lost his way with the coaching of Doug Marrone.

Cyrus has been busting his hump all offseason to get back on the path.

Maybe they feel okay at the second guard, and are going after Bulaga. He's a solid right tackle. That would give us a really solid OL.

Focus on tight end, have a good draft, and call it a day.

Oh yeah, bring back Stevie.

interesting. John Murphy basically said the same thing on air tonight. Said he felt media ran with the idea, but didn't the bills were much interested.

I would be wiling to bet the Bills like Iupati, but he was never in the plans because he costs too much $$$, and we are trying to acquire a lot of assets with the cap space we have.

I think he was deemed too much of an expenditure for a single player.

This doesn't mean we can't improve the OL more than we have already though.

Brian Bulaga at ~312.5 LBS (=5000 ounces) @ 8 million dollars = $1600 per ounce (per season)!

Ouch, pass the caviar instead...

Hmm. Maybe we should pay him by the stone instead.

Every year TBD fans are teased with a name that Just HAS to sign with the Bills and every year (not all) they are jilted or never make a serious offer. Losing out on Iupati is not a devastating loss. There are other guys out there they can sign. Be patient. The Bills have had an outstanding off season thus far.

Every year TBD fans are teased with a name that Just HAS to sign with the Bills and every year (not all) they are jilted or never make a serious offer. Losing out on Iupati is not a devastating loss. There are other guys out there they can sign. Be patient. The Bills have had an outstanding off season thus far.

Yes, this is a very sensible post. Iupati is one of these FA's who acquires this magnificent name recognition value, even it isn't totally deserved. He's not the only quality guard on the market and we can improve the OL more than we have already with the signing of Incognito, assuming he makes the team.

I had my heart set on a Lupati jersey.

Cardinals are adding some nice pieces to an already solid team

It's very questionable how good of a fit Iupati will be in that offense. He graded out horribly in pass pro last year, and Arians runs a lot of long developing pass patterns.