David Harris: Off the Market

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re Patrick Willis - Big cap hit and they replaced him already with Borland.

Ya Borland is a beast. Willis has visibly slowed the last 2 years and can't seem to stay healthy. He's a big name that would set the fans aflutter, but I don't think there's much left in the tank.

Is D. Harris REALLY needed??? LB seems pretty set with Brown and Bradham and the OLB are technically both rush ends who will be Mario and Hughes and Lawson was very serviceable in his shared time with Hughes as OLB (his more natural position) in Pettine's D than he ever fit with Schwartz D as DE.

Trading Kiko was smart, and we got cheap, young, productive LB's anyway with Bradham and Brown and we have done well in past few seasons at developing rookie at that position thru draft in Kiko and Brown respectively.

With extra money we just spent at RB by getting a stud in Shady, i'd MUCH rather sign Iupati or a TE than spend on another LB.

I'm wondering if now we throw an extra million a year at Hughes than we wanted and then re-sign Spikes for 1-2 m a year less than it would have cost for Harris. I know Spikes wants to be a three down player but not sure any team is going to let him.

Well the thought is out there...

@ProFootballTalk: Decision of LB David Harris to stay with Jets increases the chances the Bills keep DE Jerry Hughes.