Willie McGinest "The Bills not done in Free Agency"

I wouldn't doubt if the Bills cut some players currently on the roster to make room for someone they want in FA. I remember when Rex went to the Jets, they made a big splash in FA that year which put the Jets in a "win now" mode. I think Rex is doing the same thing here in Buffalo by trading for McCoy. I still think Rex will add a TE or two, another offensive lineman, a LB [Harris] and possibly another QB.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't doubt if the Bills cut some players currently on the roster to make room for someone they want in FA. I remember when Rex went to the Jets, they made a big splash in FA that year which put the Jets in a "win now" mode. I think Rex is doing the same thing here in Buffalo by trading for McCoy. I still think Rex will add a TE or two, another offensive lineman, a LB [Harris] and possibly another QB.

This is where I hope the folks who think Rex is totally driving the personnel bus are mistaken, and that a desire for a big FA "win now" splash will be tempered by the desire to build a sustainable winner and not go nuts like kids in a candy store.

The Jets kind of did themselves in by tying up all kinds of money in splashy free agent contracts that kept them from pursuing upgrades, is my casual ob server's take.

He knows, like all former players, that players entering FA will start to do their team visits this weekend. He probably getting info from his player contacts around the league on who is going to Buffalo. Thus far, no names have been floated on the NFL network or ESPN.

This is where I hope the folks who think Rex is totally driving the personnel bus are mistaken, and that a desire for a big FA "win now" splash will be tempered by the desire to build a sustainable winner and not go nuts like kids in a candy store.

The Jets kind of did themselves in by tying up all kinds of money in splashy free agent contracts that kept them from pursuing upgrades, is my casual ob server's take.

I think the Bills need a little bit of both (win now and build for the future). The Bills have a championship caliber defense that is ready to win now and they should not waste it, so building an immediate winner does make a lot of sense.

For crying out loud- it is Iupati NOT Lupati.

I mean half the people on the board still think our QB is named Manual like he's an instruction booklet....forget some guard with a crazily spelled name

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2015/03/could_rex_ryan_be_using_lesean_mccoy_as_a_recruiting_chip_for

This article brings up a good point as to why the Bills were so active BEFORE free agency.

It's obvious that the Bills have some huge holes to fill. Some of the more well known FA that Roman and Ryan have coached will want to play for a winner and a team with talent already on the roster.

Adding McCoy and showing that EJ Manuel isn't the only QB Buffalo has on their roster shows players like Mike Iupati and David Harris that this team is alot closer to breaking through than last season when they finished 9-7.

Ultimately, I also agree the biggest get is Revis. Although I'm not completely sold on the notion that Revis wants winning over money, I do believe that playing for a winner does play into his decision.

I am hoping that Buffalo's brashness thus far will catch the attention of some of the more well known FA's that would shorten the distance between the Bills and a playoff birth.

I have liked Lou Potty a ton, ever since college, although I can't remember were he played, and can't find it anywhere. He must have transferred.

Definitely at Buff State. He drove the bus from the campus to Cassidy's

Even though I drank over 32,500 of them, I still find it hard to believe they had shots there for 10 cents on Wednesday's. Freddy's Special.

Maybe the spirit still live son at OBD. Time for Whaley to spin the wheel.