Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

There was also no chatter whatsoever about Kiko. He gets dealt and suddenly he's a GREAT young linebacker.

That's very true within the national media circles. Colin Coward especially (though he's from the PNW so who knows), he never had a good thing to say about Kiko until yesterday. The difference though, most Bills fans (even those happy with the deal) realized Kiko is really good, with the chance to be special. It's just another illustration of how little the national media has paid attention to Buffalo the past decade and a half.

Not that I blame them. It's nice to see the team is finally getting back in the national spotlight. I think with the Pegulas at the helm, we'll hang around for awhile.

Someone called into WGR and said he was a multiple year All-Pro. They corrected him, and he said it was his destiny.

That's !@#$ing hilarious. In my head, reliving that story, the caller whispered that last part and then hung up.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing to keep in mind when reading that La Canfora piece (which is worth the read), he clearly has lost whatever source he had within the Bills after Marrone left. 10 paragraphs on the Eagles future post-trade, 5 on the Bills. He had zero insight into the Bills' front office in that piece.

Lmo

I didn't until yesterday. :lol:

He has never had insight into the Bills' front office -- the guy has been wrong on just about every take he has on the Bills over the past two years.

He has never had insight into the Bills' front office -- the guy has been wrong on just about every take he has on the Bills over the past two years.

he seemed to have someone leaking him info (could have been an intern fwiw) because he was writing those stories about "St. Doug", the fights at OBD, storming out of the draft room, etc

Didn't you know age 26 is clearly way too old to be productive? :blink:

Ill gladly admit that i thought he was 1, if not 2, years older based on how long hes been productive. leading the league the last 5 years doesnt typically lend itself to being 26, going on 27 this season. I wouldve said going on 28 or 29 if asked at the time of the trade.

Ill gladly admit that i thought he was 1, if not 2, years older based on how long hes been productive. leading the league the last 5 years doesnt typically lend itself to being 26, going on 27 this season. I wouldve said going on 28 or 29 if asked at the time of the trade.

All that mileage does give cause for concern. He didn't look like he was slowing down last year, but I'm reminded of L. Tomlinson in his late 20s

I just want to put a few things out there that I think a lot of people fail to consider...

1.) there are only a small handful of elite, all around RBs in this league (and we just got one)

2.) we aren't spending big $ on a QB so we can afford to spend more on other positions...

3.) an elite RB will take the pressure off of a passer

4.) teams have proven that they can reach and win in the playoffs with QB's that aren't studs....

5.) I am forgetting things- I will add on as I remember them...

27 is too old to be a running back in the NFL.

Marshawn Lynch played last year at 28 and 2013 at 27. So I guess his 2563 rushing yards and 25 rushing TD's along with 683 receiving yards and 6 TDs over the last two seasons is something one should expect from a player who is too old to be a running back in the NFL

I just want to put a few things out there that I think a lot of people fail to consider...

1.) there are only a small handful of elite, all around RBs in this league (and we just got one)

2.) we aren't spending big $ on a QB so we can afford to spend more on other positions...

3.) an elite RB will take the pressure off of a passer

4.) teams have proven that they can reach and win in the playoffs with QB's that aren't studs....

5.) I am forgetting things- I will add on as I remember them...

6) This is a deal intended to WIN NOW. We will get farther THIS year with Shady and w/out Kiko, than we would have with Kiko and a rookie RB.

Why would this even be a question? Despite the reputation, Drew Rosenhaus is one of the more straightforward agents in the game. He doesn't fight for the last inch like Parker does, but he also knows what gets the best value for his clients. Once it was clear that Bills would be willing to renegotiate McCoy's deal, unlike the Eagles, they are all in.

And what's this crap about PA? Whaley is a big Pitt guy, while I don't how many people who've invested more into PA than Pegula.

McCoy is coming, and he will love it.

Why would this even be a question? Despite the reputation, Drew Rosenhaus is one of the more straightforward agents in the game. He doesn't fight for the last inch like Parker does, but he also knows what gets the best value for his clients. Once it was clear that Bills would be willing to renegotiate McCoy's deal, unlike the Eagles, they are all in.

And what's this crap about PA? Whaley is a big Pitt guy, while I don't how many people who've invested more into PA than Pegula.

agree on the PA connection. And Rex will be a very different HC than Chip. He also seems to be friends with Bryce Brown, Fred will be Fred, and who doesn't love Boobie? Edited by YoloinOhio

Agree completely. I never understood why people were really concerned about this. I think Buffalo is going to love this guy. Good things are coming... Tuesday can't get here fast enough.

A sobering analysis of this trade from Adam Schein

Bottom line: may look like a potential "win-win" for both teams, but longer term Eagles are the likely winner. Also the team to watch in FA is the Eagles, by unloading McCoy and Trent Cole, their cap space is up to a whoppping $48 million

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476652/article/lesean-mccoy-for-kiko-alonso-bills-eagles-both-win-for-now

Edited by JTSP