Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen this reported anywhere......and it does seem premature information....but the first line in Mccoy's Spotrac page states this:

LeSean McCoy signed a 5 year / $45,000,000 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $8,500,000 signing bonus, $20,765,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $9,000,000.

They haven't updated the numbers on the page though: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/lesean-mccoy/

That's his Eagles deal

This would be a good deal if it was fantasy football. But this is real life and Kiko is a better football player at this point than McCoy. This is his 7th year and he's in decline. Not to mention the guy is 200 pounds soaking wet. How is he a ground and pound back? This makes no sense. I'm having flash backs of Spiller up the middle for 1 yard over ans over. I'd be curious to know if this is Whaley just going after a big name or if Roman had any input on this. I would feel better if Roman said this was all part of his plan otherwise I'm going to assume Whaley got taken trading our best young player for an undersized back that is declining

I'm pretty stunned but the more I think the more I like it.

1] We now have two stars on offense. RBs are not a dime a dozen. Not star RBs.

2] I assume this means we are signing Hughes AND either Spikes or Harris. If that is true, we will not miss Kiko at all. Bradham, Brown, Harris or Spikes, and Hughes or Mario is a solid if not great LB unit.

3] I would also think that we are signing another OG like Blalock or whomever. You don't make this move unless you get some horses.

4] I heard an interesting point, that rex thinks he can manufacture LB production and Kelly thinks he can manufacture RB production. There is a lot of truth to that.

5] This defense without Kiko was great last year and we got arguably the best defensive coach.

Dog - I hate the trade. Just my opinion.

The Bills continue to think the solution to all their problems is to invest heavily in the RB position. I had thought that that was a "Ralph Wilson" thing, but it turns out it's really a "Buffalo Bills" thing. Not enthused by this at all.

You are dead wrong here. McCoy has 1-2 seasons of average play left at 12 mil a season.

Good luck with that while Kiko makes a dozen pro bowls in his career.

So McCoy has proven that he's a top tier running back over multiple years. And he's still only 26 with no injury issues.

And Alonso has played one season and was "good," prior to tearing his ACL.

Yes. The Bills won the trade.

Edited by Gugny

This would be a good deal if it was fantasy football. But this is real life and Kiko is a better football player at this point than McCoy. This is his 7th year and he's in decline. Not to mention the guy is 200 pounds soaking wet. How is he a ground and pound back? This makes no sense. I'm having flash backs of Spiller up the middle for 1 yard over ans over. I'd be curious to know if this is Whaley just going after a big name or if Roman had any input on this. I would feel better if Roman said this was all part of his plan otherwise I'm going to assume Whaley got taken trading our best young player for an undersized back that is declining

Maybe we will see the dynamic misdirection offense instead of 3 yards and dust

Why on earth would the Bills trade maybe the best young LBer in the NFL for an over the hill dime-a-dozen running back?

Seriously, with all these changes - new owner, new FO, new coach, WHY ON EARTH do they still value RB so much to do this?

Holy **** balls.

Check out the Patriots and look at who their running backs are. IT DOES NOT FREAEKING MATTER WHO THEY ARE!!!!

ARE YOU LISTENING WHALEY YOU FOOL!?!?!?!

The Grey guy who was undrafted had 4 TDs in his first and only game and then is late for a meeting and never plays another down all season.

That guy could and should be our running back.

And Tom Brady has nothing to do with anything...

The Seahawks were in the super bowl too by the way, the team with the most rushing yards in the league. Who don't have a hall of famer at qb (he's good but I think u get my point)

Kiko wanted out :(

@JasonLaCanfora: Can confirm ESPN report Eagles have traded Shady McCoy for Kiko Alonso. One for one trade I'm told. Alonso had wanted out of Buffalo. Wow

Likely because there was no clear role for him in the D with the LB's playing well last year. Btw, everyone remember a few yrs ago we had no LB now we have so many we can trade a DROY for a top 3 RB

Why on earth would the Bills trade maybe the best young LBer in the NFL for an over the hill dime-a-dozen running back?

Seriously, with all these changes - new owner, new FO, new coach, WHY ON EARTH do they still value RB so much to do this?

Holy **** balls.

Check out the Patriots and look at who their running backs are. IT DOES NOT FREAEKING MATTER WHO THEY ARE!!!!

ARE YOU LISTENING WHALEY YOU FOOL!?!?!?!

The Grey guy who was undrafted had 4 TDs in his first and only game and then is late for a meeting and never plays another down all season.

That guy could and should be our running back.

You need to watch Luke Kuechley. He is the best young linebacker in the league

CJ is up next on NFLN and they said "Former Buffalo Bill" CJ Spiller

Ironically he's a good fit to replace McCoy in philly seeing how McCoy was pushed out in passing situations and short yardage, 2 aspects cj never was much good at either. But they get cj at a much lower price Edited by JTSP

You can easily pick up quality RBs in the draft or have waited until the Eagles had cut McCoy which they were going to do. He was not going to take a cut in pay and was on his way out.

This trade is stupid. Kiko is one of the best players on the team and will be pro bowl caliber for 5 to 8 years. McCoy has one to two years left at a high level.

Not a good trade at all.

Except now they don't have to convince Shady to come here, or compete with 31 other teams that would have been trying to get his services.

:lol: :lol:

Brother, this trade would seem to ABSOLUTELY mandate that the Bills go after blockers via the draft, free agency or both. How about Bulaga, ya know? I am absolutely thrilled by this trade! :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100%!!

Shady is certainly not a power back. RB's like him drop off the planet verrrryyyy fast once they lose a step. With 6 years already on him, we probably just traded 2-3 years of McCoy for a career out of Kiko. Will be really interesting to see where this ends up 3 years down the line.

Of course, it's always amusing to see how fast our fanbase can turn on one of it's idolized players.

You could reverse that and be similarly amused. For a guy who had 5 GREAT games and 11 okay ones, Kiko became idolized real fast.

I'm pretty stunned but the more I think the more I like it.

1] We now have two stars on offense. RBs are not a dime a dozen. Not star RBs.

2] I assume this means we are signing Hughes AND either Spikes or Harris. If that is true, we will not miss Kiko at all. Bradham, Brown, Harris or Spikes, and Hughes or Mario is a solid if not great LB unit.

3] I would also think that we are signing another OG like Blalock or whomever. You don't make this move unless you get some horses.

4] I heard an interesting point, that rex thinks he can manufacture LB production and Kelly thinks he can manufacture RB production. There is a lot of truth to that.

5] This defense without Kiko was great last year and we got arguably the best defensive coach.

:beer: I'm with you. I was stunned when you told me about it, but after processing it a bit I'm on board. This is a good deal, a surprising deal, but a good deal.

how many years are left on mccoy's contract?

The Bills continue to think the solution to all their problems is to invest heavily in the RB position. I had thought that that was a "Ralph Wilson" thing, but it turns out it's really a "Buffalo Bills" thing. Not enthused by this at all.

haha. well said. we have been through like 4 GMs who have all had this philosophy.

I'd love to hear more about why you're down on this trade. I respect your posts a lot, but this seems like a huge win once you get past the emotions of Kiko. Kiko didn't play a down last year and the defense was still terrific. Now we have Rex, who with this trade says he doesn't need Kiko to keep the defense working, but we have a giant hole in our offense at RB which we now fill with the top RB in the game (top 3 at worst).

The cap number seems scary with Shady, but he's 27 and has three years left. Kiko is going to be up for a new deal soon and the Bills weren't going to be able to afford him, Dareus, Hughes, Gilmore et al... someone had to go.

Chemistry in professional sports is one of the most overrated elements there is. You're stretching with this. Bradham's play will not suffer because Kiko isn't there to cheerlead him. I promise.

Here is something to think about, Rex did this with Jets, not a solid quarterback, invested in the running game. Here, not sold on the quarterback, trying to get a good running game and thinks CJ is out. Just a thought.