Marcus Easley- Do the Bills resign the S/T ace?

Easley is on the back burner till Hughes and other soon to be priority FAs are dealt with. He is a special teams beast hopefully he is re-signed once things settle down.

Other than one preseason he hasn't shown much at receiver maybe he gets a shot this year if they don't sign another guy. It is clear the Bills are looking for a bigger WR/TE when they were sniffing around Brandon Marshall.

You can talk to more than one guy at a time, you know that, right?

I would think that re-signing him would not be that difficult.

I think he has been valuable to us. If some team says he gets to play WR we are out of the mix. I would think without that promise it would be impossible for us to sign him. Unless he just loves Buffalo.

Thank god for a thread that will take at least 5 pages before it turns into an EJ thread. :worthy:

I think we should drop Easley and Hogan and Goodwin to make room for, let's say, Megatron and Julio Jones. We could trade half of our defensive line for Megatron and the other half (if we throw in Gilmore) for Julio. I mean, we need to surround our young first-round QB with first-rate weapons in order to be able to ascertain whether he's "the guy" or not.

Did I tell you that he's only got 14 games under his belt?

You can talk to more than one guy at a time, you know that, right?

Yep and they also have a cap budget so Easley is not a high priority. I am sure the team and his agent have already discussed numbers. Unless the team is completely low balling him a deal could probably be done now. However signing Easley at X now may limit what they can offer another player.

Edited by billieve420

Easley has been a great special teams player and, as a receiver, we have seen flashes in pre-season and training camp. Honestly, I think if we had a guy who could get him the ball he could be an effective receiver. So, really whether we re-sign him or not is really much more about EJ and his abilities than it is about Easley.

I think he has been valuable to us. If some team says he gets to play WR we are out of the mix. I would think without that promise it would be impossible for us to sign him. Unless he just loves Buffalo.

Easley has not proven he can play WR

Yep and they also have a cap budget so Easley is not a high priority. I am sure the team and his agent have already discussed numbers. Unless the team is completely low balling him a deal could probably be done now. However signing Easley at X now may limit what they can offer another player.

We are not 22-23m under the cap. easleys cap hit is no concern. It's simply a value discussion for him.

Edited by NoSaint

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.

The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Question.... The way free agency seems to go in order of talent... Do you think these lesser players, like Easley, know their role and wait in line? If he gets offered a contract from a different team first, do you think his agent gives Buffalo a courtesy call?

I love him as a ST ace, but feel we don't need him

If the price gets driven up.... Next man up...

Question.... The way free agency seems to go in order of talent... Do you think these lesser players, like Easley, know their role and wait in line? If he gets offered a contract from a different team first, do you think his agent gives Buffalo a courtesy call?I love him as a ST ace, but feel we don't need him

If the price gets driven up.... Next man up...

don't count your chickens before your eggs. Who have we brought in that can replace him on ST? If we get Felt on, maybe that'll be someone who could, but quality special reamers are the backup WR's, LB's, DB's and RB's. We have a lot of WR's and none of them promising on ST - Goodwin too fragile, Woods may be out of the role now. DB's we have plenty of but who is going to start? LB's we are thin at and RB we have a slew of with Jackson being someone not likely to be large factor.

Retaining Easley to play a key role after signing Gay to handle kickoffs is a bit of a head scratcher but it must be done. He and Dixon are the only two bonafide ST's we have. Our unit has sucked because we lack backup talent to play ST and the year before last it was awful because we were riddled with injury to positions which fill the ranks of the ST core

Kills me every time a thread says "resign" instead of "re-sign".

that's you're problem. You know what we are talking about and can get threw it, jeesh