RUMOR: Colts interested in Dareus?

fridge

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know...we really missed Byrd on the field this past season (so did the Saints).

That is not the point he was trying to make. He was implying we should of traded Byrd when we had the chance to get something for him, not keep for the year where he was a malcontent, milked an injury & walked out the door leaving us with nothing. If we traded him in that prior offseason we could of got at least a 2nd round pick for him.

That is not the point he was trying to make. He was implying we should of traded Byrd when we had the chance to get something for him, not keep for the year where he was a malcontent, milked an injury & walked out the door leaving us with nothing. If we traded him in that prior offseason we could of got at least a 2nd round pick for him.

There's so much more that goes into trades of players coming up on contract years than just "We want to move him so lets move him".

Any trade would have been contingent on Byrd agreeing to sign a long term contract with that team. So once again, Byrd and his agent are in complete control of the situation.

I cant imagine Whaley and Co. just sat on their hands the entire time and didnt at least field some calls to figure out if they could work out a trade. Additionally, there arent a ton of teams willing to give up high draft picks for an injured player that is going to demand a huge contract. Draft picks are teams' ways of surviving in the modern league with free agency and the cap. They become even more valuable when you have expensive vets on the team.

I'm pretty sure if a team was willing to give up a 2nd, AND sign him to big money, AND he agreed to it, we would have pulled the trigger. It's a no brainer, if you can actually make it happen.

Ha ha, just because you traded us Hughes for Sheppard doesn't mean that you can get even Grigson. Deal with your incompetence and move on.

no no you see, it's Keith Rivers for their #1 pick. Grigson thinks it's fair. He's heard of him. Edited by YoloinOhio