SAMMY bad year?

Bash_Gash

Hello folks,

Some have been dissapointed by what Sammy Watkins did last year and this has caused him to be referred to as a bust or not as good as Evans or Beckham. THeres a big factor why Sammy didnt put up similar numbers to those guys that i think has not been recognized.

Yes sammy had bruised ribs for 8 games which played a role and the QB issue also was a definite issue. I am curious as to how good of years those to WR would of had facing, Revis twice, Grimes twice, Talib, JosephMunnerlyn/Rhodes, Haden, Tillman, Tramon Williams, tarell brown etc.... these are all top CB in the NFL. Beckham and Evans did not have a stable of CB like that to deal with.

So personally i think Sammy is gonna become better and with a more experienced OC, he will be put in a positon to flourish.

Just watch the magic hapen and enjoy

Edited by Bash_Gash

I don't know a sole that thinks Sammy is a bust so I'm not sure where the OP is hearing that. I love Sammy Watkins but to be perfectly honest Beckham just looks to be better. Evans is a completely different type of receiver but is very good. In saying that I could absolutely care less about Beckham and Evans and I just don't see why we as fans spend so much time worrying about every player that gets taken after our pick and it goes on for years and years. Sammy is a fantastic receiver, he's a Buffalo Bill, and he had an excellent rookie season.

Hello folks,

Some have been dissapointed by what Sammy Watkins did last year and this has caused him to be referred to as a bust or not as good as Evans or Beckham. THeres a big factor why Sammy didnt put up similar numbers to those guys that i think has not been recognized.

Yes sammy had bruised ribs for 8 games which played a role and the QB issue also was a definite issue. I am curious as to how good of years those to WR would of had facing, Revis twice, Grimes twice, Talib, JosephMunnerlyn/Rhodes, Haden, Tillman, Tramon Williams, tarell brown etc.... these are all top CB in the NFL. Beckham and Evans did not have a stable of CB like that to deal with.

So personally i think Sammy is gonna become better and with a more experienced OC, he will be put in a positon to flourish.

Beckham played the entire year with two torn hamstrings in his right leg and blew up the best CB in the league and even admittedly so by an individual that doesn't give credit to anyone (Sherman). Odell Beckham had a Randy Moss rookie campaign and was injured the entire time...that is incredible.

Beckham played the entire year with two torn hamstrings in his right leg and blew up the best CB in the league and even admittedly so by an individual that doesn't give credit to anyone (Sherman). Odell Beckham had a Randy Moss rookie campaign and was injured the entire time...that is incredible.

Beckham vs best DB in the league Richard Sherman

7 receptions for 108 yards

http://youtu.be/luXHTSaVHC8

Sherman after the game: "Beckham is a great player,"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000426179/article/richard-sherman-odell-beckham-jr-is-a-great-player

Blew him up huh? Seeing as all 7 receptions didn't come against Sherman, I don't really know how you make that claim. Only 2 receptions to came against Sherman and on the 44 yard completion, Mebane was suppose to be helping over the top by bit hard on a play fake. Did ODB score a TD? Nope. Did NYG in fact lose the game? Yes.

Carry on.

Blew him up huh? Seeing as all 7 receptions didn't come against Sherman, I don't really know how you make that claim. Only 2 receptions to came against Sherman and on the 44 yard completion, Mebane was suppose to be helping over the top by bit hard on a play fake. Did ODB score a TD? Nope. Did NYG in fact lose the game? Yes.

Carry on.

Was Odell Beckham clearly the superior rookie in an outstanding WR class. YUP! Was Odell Beckham injured all year and in only 12 games played up to a level that was last seen 16 years ago by a rookie (Randy Moss). YUP! A once in over a decade rookie campaign. :worthy:

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Was Odell Beckham clearly the superior rookie in an outstanding WR class. YUP! Was Odell Beckham injured all year and in only 12 games played up to a level that was last seen 16 years ago by a rookie (Randy Moss). YUP! A once in over a decade rookie campaign. :worthy:

Cool story, tell me more about how he helped the Giants go 6-10.

Cool story, tell me more about how he helped the Giants go 6-10.

LOL. The Bills had 2 top 5 units out of 3 (defense and special teams) and Sammy was part of a unit that regressed and was bottom 3rd or worse in the league. "WINS" didn't come from Sammy Watkins. The main difference between the records of these clubs is because the Bills defensive unit was absolutely amazing and the Giants was awful.

LOL. The Bills had 2 top 5 units out of 3 (defense and special teams) and Sammy was part of a unit that regressed and was bottom 3rd or worse in the league. "WINS" didn't come from Sammy Watkins. The main difference between the records of these clubs is because the Bills defensive unit was absolutely amazing and the Giants was awful.

an argument can be made that with out Sammy we would have lost a few games but that is irrelevant this is a team game. We win as a team and lose as a team.

an argument can be made that with out Sammy we would have lost a few games but that is irrelevant this is a team game. We win as a team and lose as a team.

The main thing to this equation is the defense. Our offense sucked balls this year and our defense kept games close in the 4th quarter all year so plays mattered late in games whether it was carpenters 57 yard game winning field goal, 7-11 grab at the one, or an incredible catch by chandler on a game winning drive. There is more to this than one player but the majority goes back to play on the defense with respect to our .500 record.

Watkins set up th game winning fg against Det when he made a great catch on an awful Orton throw. He caught the game winning td against Minnesota. He got open against Revis but our brilliant offensive coaches decided not to throw him the ball.

Every offensive gets a pass because of how bad the coaching was. This is hindsight at its finest. No one was his high on ODB before the draft.

It's one year of a career. Why do people always have to freak out everything immediately? Dwayne Bowe had more receiving yards than Calvin Johnson as a rookie. Who would you rather have?

Sammy is not a bust. The difference is that Sammy could be as good as Andre Reed while Beckham could be as good as Jerry Rice.

Reed was very good, Rice was the best.

Most think that Beckham, Evans, or Benjamin and this year's first is better than one Sammy.

Hello folks,

I think Sammy is the better talent, the fact that he had to endure 4 games of EJ not throwing him the ball, limiting his catch totals and yards doesn't lessen his value to me. The guy nearly had 1000 yards in-spite of weak QB play. a bust he is clearly not.

In the Minnesota and Detroit games, Sammy made catches in the clutch the helped get us the W. I definitely would not call him a bust.

He does have some room to improve. He is a first round pick for sure, but remember we paid two first rounders... Its too early to tell if he was worth two number ones, but I am very happy he is on our team after what he showed this past season.

The price *might* have been too high, but no way Sammy is a bust.. even from the biggest detractors I have not really seen that posted O.o

A bust to me is someone drafted high who didn't make it in the league ...leaf, Russell, maybin, etc.... those kind of guys. Its unlikely Sammy joins that list. However it may have been a bad trade which is a matter of value. E.g. Hershel walker was productive for Vikings, but they gave Dallas way too much to get him. Edited by JTSP

A bust to me is someone drafted high who didn't make it in the league ...leaf, Russell, maybin, etc.... those kind of guys. Its unlikely Sammy joins that list. However it may have been a bad trade which is a matter of value. E.g. Hershel walker was productive for Vikings, but they gave Dallas way too much to get him.

Walker was pretty bad on the Vikings. He had like a high of 800 yards.

And if Watkins becomes a Calvin type receiver (odds are he won't), is it a bad trade?

Walker was pretty bad on the Vikings. He had like a high of 800 yards.

And if Watkins becomes a Calvin type receiver (odds are he won't), is it a bad trade?

Was looking at his all purpose yards which were over 1,000/year. If he reaches Megatron level it wasn't a bad trade IMO. Julio Jones is a better comparison as there was an actual trade there and IMO he's better than mega because he's more explosive. I said from the start that was a good trade, and Im even more convinced today. Have my doubts Sammy ever attains that level...love to be proven wrong Edited by JTSP

Was looking at his all purpose yards which were over 1,000/year. If he reaches Megatron level it wasn't a bad trade IMO. Julio Jones is a better comparison as there was an actual trade there and IMO he's better than mega because he's more explosive. I said from the start that was a good trade, and Im even more convinced today. Have my doubts Sammy ever attains that level...love to be proven wrong

I hoped we could stay where we were and get Mike Evans. I thought he fit better. But we couldn't get him either. I think Sammy has elite skills. Problem with wr is it is a completely dependent position. But I don't think there will ever be a FA as talented as Watkins on the market. And Whaley said there are other ways to get 1st rounders.

There is a whole career to play out.

Was looking at his all purpose yards which were over 1,000/year. If he reaches Megatron level it wasn't a bad trade IMO. Julio Jones is a better comparison as there was an actual trade there and IMO he's better than mega because he's more explosive. I said from the start that was a good trade, and Im even more convinced today. Have my doubts Sammy ever attains that level...love to be proven wrong

Julio Jones = good trade

Sammy = bad trade

:lol: Anyone out there think JTSP still isn't trolling with every sentence he writes on here?

I saw Sammy in collage take bubble screens and run over and through DB's. Not one called for him this year, I'll give the staff the benefit of the doubt and say they were protecting his ribs (I wish they would have thought of that in the preseason Pittsburg game).

LOL.

Neither of them are GOAT anyways so what's your point? My point is Odell Beckham put up the greatest rookie season of all-time, had the greatest catch in the history of the sport and doing this in ONLY 12 games and battling 2 separate hamstrings during that time. That is the definition of GOAT for a rookie WR.

This needs to be posted again because it is truly amazing.

1 - reposting your own posts makes you look like a marroon

2 - how does posting ODB impressive rookie stats in any way point towards Watkins being a bust

Beckham vs best DB in the league Richard Sherman

7 receptions for 108 yards

http://youtu.be/luXHTSaVHC8

Sherman after the game: "Beckham is a great player,"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000426179/article/richard-sherman-odell-beckham-jr-is-a-great-player

ya know, Stevie had a game like that against Sherman..... And scored. Calvin J. was the only other guy to score on him that year.

ya know, Stevie had a game like that against Sherman..... And scored. Calvin J. was the only other guy to score on him that year.

Yep. its the footwork, something sammy has trouble with. Sammy isnt an elite route runner. Stevie is, Megatron is, ODB is. Luckily its something that can be taught. Speed isnt, and luckily, Sammy's got plenty of that... :D

Beckham clearly played with a superior QB and his team clearly gameplanned to both get and keep him involved. Watkins didn't enjoy those luxuries.

Everything is a situation. Beckham's situation was clearly better than Watkins' and it showed.

Hello folks,

anyone who is negative on Sammy simply is not paying attention.