Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know that feeling when you've been making out with a chick at a college party but for some reason you don't take her home...and then the next day you find out some other dude at the party took her home and now he has crabs?

Yeah and I'm sure what the two teams offered him contract-wise was a non-factor in McCown's decision. I really think you're trolling on this one. You don't really believe that McCown went to a team with vastly inferior offensive weapons and an inferior defense because he was scared to compete with EJ Manuel, do you? And I am so sick of being labeled an EJ "hater." If you saw a movie tonight that you didn't think was very good, would you like it if I started yelling at you and calling you a hater? I just don't think he's going to make it. I consider myself to be an astute football fan and as I've mentioned tirelessly throughout this post, I would be shocked if he is a starting QB in the NFL week 1 three years from now. I'm not sure what the EJ supporters are seeing in his game that would lead them to believe otherwise. Is it possible? Yes, stranger things have happened but I believe it to be highly doubtful. Can we agree to disagree? But either way you dice it, to go around parading on here like the pro-EJ camp just scored some victory because Cade McNown or whoever signed with the Browns should be embarrassing for you I would think. EDIT: and also he will have competition in Cleveland too.

He went to a team with no clear cut starter. Manziel is a wreck and Hoyer is likely on his way out. I'm not saying EJ will be the starter but he has the experience. They are done with Hoyer and Manziel is a wildcard. He went where he has a higher chance of starting.

He went to a team with no clear cut starter. Manziel is a wreck and Hoyer is likely on his way out. I'm not saying EJ will be the starter but he has the experience. They are done with Hoyer and Manziel is a wildcard. He went where he has a higher chance of starting.

As if Manuel isn't a wildcard. The EJ dreamers love the unknown when it comes to Manuel; that's really all they have to hold onto. Manziel has way more unknown in him. Manziel looked like a deer in headlights in his first NFL start. Manuel looked like a deer in headlights in his 13th and 14th. You tell me. All this being said, I am done arguing for one day. I am glad McCown signed with Cleveland. As I have stated in this very thread, I still think they make a play for a legitimate starter (Bradford or Foles) and if not, I'd rather they sign Locker, Daniel or Kellen Moore anyway. Now I will go out into the night and like everyone and everything I come across, lest I be labeled a "hater."

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Thank you Doug Whaley--last thing we needed was to give a 35 year old with a half season of production over a decade three years at $5 million per. Stand pat and hope EJ improves--if not, 2016 will provide better options for us. And to steal a baseball sabermetrics term, does anyone really think one of these FA's "WAR" (wins above replacement) is worth the investment of $$ or one of our top picks this year over EJ when we can use those assets on another position of need (OG, TE, RB). Get one of the available veteran back-ups (as if there is so much difference--there's a reason they're all available either via FA or trade) and accept the fact that we have to hope the new staff helps EJ progress more than the Marrone/Hackett dynamic duo! Sorry but it really sucks to be in the market for a starting QB this year!!!

Edited by biggerdaddynj

thank god he signed with Cleveland. This move made no sense why pay $5M for a backup and if he was the starter, why?

glad he's going elsewhere.

Totally agree. Have no clue what the Browns see in this guy. If his imagine doesn't fit Buffalo, it fits Cleveland just a tad but more.

"Stephen Monroe

Brilliant signing by the Browns. Josh McCown brings everything the Browns desire at QB: admirable mediocrity, a Caucasian name, the willingness to throw interceptions when the team needs one, and the ability to have had a decent stretch of games two years ago. Even if it doesn't pay off this year, McCown could really find his stride in the last two years of the deal. Quarterbacks age like fine wine."

Heh

Edited by Beef Jerky

As if Manuel isn't a wildcard. The EJ dreamers love the unknown when it comes to Manuel; that's really all they have to hold onto. Manziel has way more unknown in him. Manziel looked like a deer in headlights in his first NFL start. Manuel looked like a deer in headlights in his 13th and 14th. You tell me. All this being said, I am done arguing for one day. I am glad McCown signed with Cleveland. As I have stated in this very thread, I still think they make a play for a legitimate starter (Bradford or Foles) and if not, I'd rather they sign Locker, Daniel or Kellen Moore anyway. Now I will go out into the night and like everyone and everything I come across, lest I be labeled a "hater."

When I point out why mccown decided to sign with Cleveland and you point out why EJ is not the answer then yes, you can be called a hater. I never said he is the end all be all or next Jim Kelly. I said Cleveland has no clear starter with hoyer on the out and manziel a mess.

Who does that leave at qb that mccown needs to fight for a starting job with?

Edited by The Wiz

You know that feeling when you've been making out with a chick at a college party but for some reason you don't take her home...and then the next day you find out some other dude at the party took her home and now he has crabs?

was thinking the same thing, sans the crabs ...... ;)