Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

Dude would you stop drawing inferences about this that have anything to do with EJ? The Bills were interested, the Browns outbid the Bills and the Bills said no thanks, we'll find someone else. You do realize they're going to just bring in a different veteran instead and we get to have this same conversation all over again, right? And your suggestion that McCown was scared to come in and compete with Manuel is utterly preposterous- so much so that I do think you're trolling on that one.

You'll start arguing that Matt Cassell is going to beat out Manuel?

McCown had a choice between competing with EJ for the starting job on the Bills or have the starting job all lined up in Cleveland. He wanted to play and he had doubts he could beat out Manuel. Not sure how you can see it any other way.

Reality is not lining up with the notion that Manuel haters had that any veteran QB they bring in is better than him.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man 0 man I'm so happy to hear the Bills lost out to the Browns for this signing.

I just want to know who the brainiac in the Bills FO was who stated that McClown was an upgrade over Kyle Orton? And which fool in the FO wanted to sign that clown in the first place.

The Buc's learned a 5 million dollar lesson the hard way in that he was a decent backup QB in certain situations, and a downright bum as a starter.

McCown had a choice between competing with EJ for the starting job on the Bills or have the starting job all lined up in Cleveland. He wanted to play and he had doubts he could beat out Manuel. Not sure how you can see it any other way.

Reality is not lining up with the notion that Manuel haters had that any veteran QB they bring in is better than him.

Yeah and I'm sure what the two teams offered him contract-wise was a non-factor in McCown's decision. I really think you're trolling on this one. You don't really believe that McCown went to a team with vastly inferior offensive weapons and an inferior defense because he was scared to compete with EJ Manuel, do you? And I am so sick of being labeled an EJ "hater." If you saw a movie tonight that you didn't think was very good, would you like it if I started yelling at you and calling you a hater? I just don't think he's going to make it. I consider myself to be an astute football fan and as I've mentioned tirelessly throughout this post, I would be shocked if he is a starting QB in the NFL week 1 three years from now. I'm not sure what the EJ supporters are seeing in his game that would lead them to believe otherwise. Is it possible? Yes, stranger things have happened but I believe it to be highly doubtful. Can we agree to disagree? But either way you dice it, to go around parading on here like the pro-EJ camp just scored some victory because Cade McNown or whoever signed with the Browns should be embarrassing for you I would think. EDIT: and also he will have competition in Cleveland too.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

So, this looks like the Browns have now fully given up on Brian Hoyer.

IMHO its Hoyer who might possibly be the closer upgrade to Kyle Orton for the Bills. Hoyer went 7-6 last season for Cleveland, and the team went on a downward spiral after they lost starting center Alex Mack. Then the fiasco of the GM texting plays to the Browns OC is right out of stranger then fiction. Hoyer went 10-6 for Cleveland in his two years with the team and that in itself means he was the best QB they have had the last 15 years.

Then Hoyer managed to get the ball to some scrub receivers all year as TE Jordan Cameron only played in 9 games, and star WR Josh Gordon played 5 games.

YESSS!!!

This is great news. Ranks right up there with Marrone leaving and Orton retiring. This forces us to actually make an effort at getting some better players. Plus now that's one less team that needs a QB so the other FA's will have us at the top of their list. Oh happy day :)

That's the problem, they don't want to see it no other way. They claim to have Ray Charles syndrome

YESSS!!!

This is great news. Ranks right up there with Marrone leaving and Orton retiring. This forces us to actually make an effort at getting some better players. Plus now that's one less team that needs a QB so the other FA's will have us at the top of their list. Oh happy day :)

It sure is!! I'd rather see Shaun Hill as a Bill