Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football is a team game. Look at the team passing yards. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1999/ .

Where do you see the Bills rushing? There is no one out there that is any good. Moore hasn't played in years. Why do you think he's any better?

Free Agency hasn't kicked off yet. The Bills are bidding against themselves. McCown's agent has all the leverage right now. Reason why I don't see the rush to sign a guy who was terrible last year and hasn't shown he is a clear upgrade over the other QBs soon to hit the market.

Free Agency hasn't kicked off yet. The Bills are bidding against themselves. McCown's agent has all the leverage right now. Reason why I don't see the rush to sign a guy who was terrible last year and hasn't shown he is a clear upgrade over the other QBs soon to hit the market.

This is where you have to trust what your scouts tell you. That's why they have jobs with the team -- and lately, the scouts at OBD have been finding terrific talent.

Football is a team game. Look at the team passing yards. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1999/ .

exactly my point. it IS a team sport. You can't wish for a passing QB and expect wins. Also how many of Orton's passing yards were from YAC?

what did Orton's 300 YPG gain the Bills this season? If passing was such an advantage why were there so many 3 & outs? Why was the Red Zone Offense horrible? Why was the 2014 overall Offense 3 or 4 places worse than it was in 2013?

As to your 1999 reference -

Most passing yards

Steve Beuerlein* 4436

Kurt Warner* 4353

>>> I said the QB with the most passing yards. Nowhere did I mention the #1 offense. You did happen to notice the rushing yards of 2059. 36 yards shy of the leading team.

I know the stats. I play that SB win card all the time as it is a true statement. (by the slimmest of margins)

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

They're just negotiating. Why do you say they're bidding against themselves? They want a vet QB and want to sign McCown. What would you wait for? The other QBs that may hit the market are also not a clear upgrade over McCown. They're all below average

Now, I'm confused?

Meaning having a passing QB does not always mean wins. Would it be nice, yeah as long as the team has a complimentary running game

I have always bought into balance wins. See the Putrids this season when they had a running game.

Meaning having a passing QB does not always mean wins.

I have always bought into balance wins. See the Putrids this season when they had a running game.

Neither does running the ball mean that you are going to win. I'm not sure that I am following the point? The way to win football games is to have a good coaching staff, 53 good players and good QB play.

Hopefully cleveland will step in and offer mccown more $ before we land him.

And the alternative is ?? EJ. ?? Hope it's something better than that. I think McCown is every bit the QB that Orton was. And that was EASILY better than Mr. Manuel. You've got to keep trying & he probably is not an answer for more than 1-2 years but we can't waste #14 & #10 with a QB who can't throw it accurately. I say McCown or Hoyer and look for a QB in this or next years class to replace him. Or we could draft EJ's twin brother, Brett Hundley, so DB's can practice their pick six dances. :thumbsup: in camp.

Our first winning season in 10 years.

:thumbsup:

Neither does running the ball mean that you are going to win. I'm not sure that I am following the point? The way to win football games is to have a good coaching staff, 53 good players and good QB play.

Did I not say balance? Yes or no?

Do we really want to say Orton gave us "Good QB Play"????

I wish there was a site that tallied 3 & outs per game.

And the alternative is ?? EJ. ?? Hope it's something better than that. I think McCown is every bit the QB that Orton was. And that was EASILY better than Mr. Manuel. You've got to keep trying & he probably is not an answer for more than 1-2 years but we can't waste #14 & #10 with a QB who can't throw it accurately. I say McCown or Hoyer and look for a QB in this or next years class to replace him. Or we could draft EJ's twin brother, Brett Hundley, so DB's can practice their pick six dances. :thumbsup: in camp.

Comparing EJ to Hundley?

They aren't all that similar in their styles of play.

Also, I'm not sure what in McCown's 11 seasons tells you he's (a) as good as Orton (which isn't very good at all), or (b) better than Manuel.