Josh McCown anybody? Update: Is a Brown...end of story.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In their defense if that is is the case, with a better running game and OL and better offensive coordinating we could have made the playoffs with Orton.

We should have made the playoffs even with said coaching... choking against the Raiders was all on the players.

All better than Josh McCown I know that, none are gonna make the Bills contenders, but for a year as a placeholder they are decent options.

Maybe, maybe not. Not sure if mentioned but TB lost their OC Jeff Tedford due to health at the beginning of the year and didn't have one all season. I'm sure it helps to have one of those if the HC is a defensive guy like Lovie.

What didn't get discussed much but was recently reported is how much McCown did with game-planning in Tedford's absence. Apparently McCown half coordinated the Buc's offense with their interm OC who had no previous NFL experience. This could be attractive to the Bills to have him around. Roman has been indicating he wants to focus on the running game from a game planning standpoint and Lee and Lal will focus on passing game. Having a QB who can actively partipate in that, even from the film room, could be worth bringing in. If he sucks in TC, he won't play.

PewterReport.com @PewterReport Dec 21

#Bucs QB Josh McCown on Jeff Tedford: "There's A Reason Why 31 Teams Have An Offensive Coordinator" - http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/mccown-theres-a-reason-why-31-teams-have-an-offensive-coordinator/

Edited by YoloinOhio

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I just read this on ESPN.

McCown is a 12-year NFL veteran who went 1-10 in his only season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers before being released by the team earlier this month. Overall, he has a 17-32 career record split among six teams.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!!?

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Here's a rough ranking of the FA QB's from Rotoworld, please advise who you would rather have.

Quarterbacks :sick: :sick:

1. Mark Sanchez

2. Jake Locker

3. Josh McCown

$. Brian Hoyer

5. Matt Moore

6. Ryan Mallett

7. Christian Ponder

8. Tarvaris Jackson

9. Shaun Hill

10. Michael Vick

11. Matt Hasselbeck

12. Colt McCoy

13. Jimmy Clausen

14. Jason Campbell

15. Dan Orlovsky

16. Blaine Gabbert

17. Kellen Moore

18. T.J. Yates

19. Tyrod Taylor

20. Matt Flynn

Edited by Buffalo Proud

Here's a rough ranking of the FA QB's from Rotoworld, please advise who you would rather have.

Quarterbacks :sick: :sick:

1. Mark Sanchez

2. Jake Locker

3. Josh McCown

$. Brian Hoyer

5. Matt Moore

6. Ryan Mallett

7. Christian Ponder

8. Tarvaris Jackson

9. Shaun Hill

10. Michael Vick

11. Matt Hasselbeck

12. Colt McCoy

13. Jimmy Clausen

14. Jason Campbell

15. Dan Orlovsky

16. Blaine Gabbert

17. Kellen Moore

18. T.J. Yates

19. Tyrod Taylor

20. Matt Flynn

Much like you, my money's on Hoyer :thumbsup:

This is pretty uninspiring to me. McCown is not high on my list because of his low ceiling. I was hoping that the Bills would take a shot on a guy with some issues but the potential to be really good (ie Bradford). I would rather the Bills had to keep Bradford upright than teach McCown how to be good. I don't HATE it but it is uninspiring.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I just read this on ESPN.

McCown is a 12-year NFL veteran who went 1-10 in his only season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers before being released by the team earlier this month. Overall, he has a 17-32 career record split among six teams.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!!?

:sick: :sick: :sick:

My sentiments exactly - what a horrible use of the FA pool and draft. I don't care what the understood methodology is about having a veteran QB on the roster, a horrible QB is a horrible QB no matter how many years they've been in the league and McCown has no business tutoring younger QBs or being on this roster given his play in the NFL thus far. I would rather have Sanchez, Foles, Hoyer, or Locker than McCown. We don't sign QBs to take up roster space just so they can coach up young players, forgive me, but isn't that why we hired Greg Roman and brought back our QB coach?

What a horrible way to start off the league year . . . say your prayers we don't make this move.