Greg Hardy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, with charges being dropped I think that leaves the Panthers as the front runners to keep him. However, I'd be all in if we could get him a few mil cheaper than Hughes. I don't know if that is even realistic but it's fun to think about it.

This whole case has been wishy washy. I do not want Hardy on the team because he is volatile and actually quite crazy. He's like Steve Johnson on steroids and mixed with N Suh.

What the hell?

In what world is that even remotely true?

So the guy gets put on the exempt list, which allows him to collect his $13.1 million this year for not playing, which he then uses (at least in part) to enter into a financial "settlement" with the victim, whose subsequent refusal to testify results in the charges being dismissed, thereby allowing him to cash in big on the FA market. Did I miss anything?

Hardy's a beast who brings his own game. He can dominate an LT. Hughes had to feed off the work of others

This first part is not taking anything away from Hardy. Hughes naysayers have been saying this all along. He's still a top DE in this league. His run game has vastly improved. His pass defense is premier. He is a very good player. He just got the benefit of lining up next to some other players that were better.

Hardy is overrated. He is very aggressive, very strong but he does not have the same skillset that Hughes has. Hughes can disrupt and get in there. Hardy can disappear for entire stretches of a game just like Hughes. Dollar for dollar Hughes has more value and will contribute more to a team then Hardy on the field. Off the field you are getting a bag of mixed nuts - which is his head. Dude is a nuts. In a bad way.

I believe they are (mainly) misdemeanors at this point.

Lot of good information here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2015/02/08/5499736/jury-will-decide-fate-of-carolina.html

Confirmed from linked article:

Thanks for link. Here's an interesting quote from the article:

"The case against Hardy, however, started in late morning and ended at 9 p.m. It drew a dozen witnesses and featured hour after hour of testimony into the darker side of youth, beauty and celebrity, with drugs, sex and violence playing key roles in the narrative."

Later on the article mentions Hardy's guns too.

I agree with the previous poster that it's hard to root for team manned by sh*tty people. There will always, I suppose, be one or two bad apples and I'm so desperate for help at the guard position that I applauded the signing of Incognito. But Hardy sounds like bad news.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I think we should sign him over Hughes.

I have heard about him signing a one year "prove it" deal. Forget that, give him a 4 year deal at 7m a year with 18m guaranteed. He has his issues but he is a monster,only 27 years old ,and by all accounts a good teammate. Why Would we give him a 1 year deal when he is not going to be a problem and will produce big#s. We would get a top 5 DE for a huge discount. Let Rex worry about the PR. Moves like this will greatly improve the team and allow us to get a couple more players like Revis or J Thomas.

How do you know he's not going to be a problem?

So the guy gets put on the exempt list, which allows him to collect his $13.1 million this year for not playing, which he then uses (at least in part) to enter into a financial "settlement" with the victim, whose subsequent refusal to testify results in the charges being dismissed, thereby allowing him to cash in big on the FA market. Did I miss anything?

Just came back here to post exactly this. After all the BS the NFL has spouted, all their new commercials, etc... they basically funded Hardy's ability to make this all go away and get off scott free.

Forget the fact of his off the field issues. There's been a few of them in Buffalo's history.

Can he play? Yes.

Will he play? I don't doubt it.

Is he worth the contract he'll get if he does indeed miss anything between 4-8 games? No.

If Hughes doesn't break the bank, I am more than happy if we secure his services for the future. If he does then we find a replacement. Plain and simple. This line is talented enough to made an average player into a potential pro bowl selection if they bust their backside in the correct and appropriate manner week in, week out.

How do you know he's not going to be a problem?

I don't Know, but he wasn't a problem for the Panthers. It sounds like a kid who got rich and went a little crazy.Again he was a monster on the field, and was well liked by his teammates. Could he do something stupid and get a suspention. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Carolina folks are really, really going nuts on this. Saying it was overblown, no case to begin with. The viewpoint of the average Panther fan was this was all an exploit by the woman to get the money and run. They're PO'd, and almost rightly so, at Goodell. But, the guy is still a (*^*&%^$^#scumbag.

This first part is not taking anything away from Hardy. Hughes naysayers have been saying this all along. He's still a top DE in this league. His run game has vastly improved. His pass defense is premier. He is a very good player. He just got the benefit of lining up next to some other players that were better.

Hardy is overrated. He is very aggressive, very strong but he does not have the same skillset that Hughes has. Hughes can disrupt and get in there. Hardy can disappear for entire stretches of a game just like Hughes. Dollar for dollar Hughes has more value and will contribute more to a team then Hardy on the field. Off the field you are getting a bag of mixed nuts - which is his head. Dude is a nuts. In a bad way.

I'm not advocating bringing him to Buffalo, but to say that Hughes contributes more than Hardy is absurd. Hardy would be an upgrade for sure. I like Hughes, but I'd rather have Hardy (based on football skills only)