Greg Hardy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad that people rather win without integrity.. I would rather win a Superbowl with integrity then to stoop to the win at all cost including cheating or loud mouth gold chain bling wearing, taking a fake dump on football douche bags or signing piss poor human beings as players

That being said he is appealing this and maybe the charges get dropped.

Can we just win first before debating this? That would be nice.

Can we just win first before debating this? That would be nice.

no.. I'm in the camp that winning is not that important to me if we have to toss some integrity aside

you do not have to debate a single thing, as it not debatable at all for me. If we start signing vicks incognitos rice's in the name of winning then I just will not be capable of being a proud fan.

I'll give Incognito a shot but if this franchise start diving into the win at all costs mentality then my days as a fan are numbered.

Hey if winning is the most important thing for you then enjoy.. It's not the most important thing to me. Yes it would be nice, but it will be hard to enjoy if more Bills players make the news with negative headlines..

I also clearly said that Hardy is appealing and if its reversed then bring him in. Just do not want scum bags representing the team I love.. win or lose

Edited by ddaryl

no.. I'm in the camp that winning is not that important to me if we have to toss some integrity aside

you do not have to debate a single thing, as it not debatable at all for me. If we start signing vicks incognitos rice's in the name of winning then I just will not be capable of being a proud fan.

I'll give Incognito a shot but if this franchise start diving into the win at all costs mentality then my days as a fan are numbered.

Hey if winning is the most important thing for you then enjoy.. It's not the most important thing to me. Yes it would be nice, but it will be hard to enjoy if more Bills players make the news with negative headlines..

I also clearly said that Hardy is appealing and if its reversed then bring him in. Just do not want scum bags representing the team I love.. win or lose

If you are looking to NFL players to be stand up people, role models, etc. You are looking in the wrong spot. Every team has players who have shady lives. Most of them are not public for said reason.

Not me. I would rather win than lose with integrity. In a perfect world your values could still be upheld and compete. Unfortunately, we live in the real world and not a perfect world. All of the things that you mentioned are now commonplace and part of the game. If you ignore talented players because you don't like something about their personality you will never win in today's NFL.

For those who wish to remain in pure as the driven snow fandom, let ye forget that The Bills once signed Reggie Rogers a guy that got drunk and killed three teenagers in an automobile accident that was entirely his fault. He didn't work out at all, but it's not like they wouldn't bring him in because they thought he could be.

Not me. I would rather win than lose with integrity. In a perfect world your values could still be upheld and compete. Unfortunately, we live in the real world and not a perfect world. All of the things that you mentioned are now commonplace and part of the game. If you ignore talented players because you don't like something about their personality you will never win in today's NFL.

I agree, I would prefer to have players with high character and integrity. But the NFL is about winning. And the NFL is full of people with questionable character. Hell, look back to the Bills hay days of the 90's. Kelly, Biscuit, Bruce, Talley, Jeff Wright. Those guys were up to some questionable stuff.

He was cleared of all charges

I am definitely on board with going after him.

yeah then lets together reshape that reality and make the world a better place. A few of us here and there can start adding up and possibly make the difference in the world

I do not understand your mentality at all. It's the " If everyone jumps off a bridge I would too" mentality.

If that's the case the patriots cheat, we should cheat too..

Integrity is important, and maybe we should hold it more dear then pushing it aside for something so meaningless as wins in mere game.

I just do not understand how anyone can just push it aside.

Edited by ddaryl

For someone who is so adamant about integrity it seems peculiar that you're so willing to be okay with Hardy considering the only reason the case was dismissed was because the woman didn't make herself available to the prosecutors. Seems like you are more than willing to overlook someone's dirty past so long as there aren't any convictions.

It's hinky.

Just for the sake of honesty, he was not "cleared of all charges"

He was actually convicted once.

Then when they appealed the initial conviction, the alleded Victim decided not to participate in another trial (AKA she was paid off). So the state didn't have enough evidence to proceed with another trial and dropped the charges. Not really the same thing as being "cleared".

One insecure overgrown child that can't handle rejection from women is enough.. Grow a pair and believe character and team win over talent if you have good coaching (and a level playing field)... I do think a moron like lil Ritchie deserves a chance but not two...

Don't embrace punks , that actually assault women and you don't really want to cheat to win either .. TO was a clown and barely tolerable .. Maybe I'm wrong and .. you want Hernandez after he serves a few years for accessory to murder . (That might intimidate a tackler, the threat of being killed after the game) . The standard should be, would you let them in your home as 52 other guys have to trust this guy. ..pegula at least did that with our new jackass that is chemically imbalanced .

He wasn't really "convicted" once. I live in NC and the way they set up domestic abuse trials is first it goes before a judge (no jury). Judge gives their decision and you can accept it and then it is a conviction or you can go to a jury trial. If you choose a jury trial, then you are still innocent until proven guilty until the jury makes the decision. The reasoning is that they found a lot of domestic violence cases tend to have the charges dropped after both parties cool off/sober up and rather waste the court and potential juror's time, they fast track it in front of a judge first.

The guns don't mean diddly in NC, we have very loose gun laws here.

Edited by Damian

Don't embrace punks , that actually assault women and you don't really want to cheat to win either .. TO was a clown and barely tolerable .. Maybe I'm wrong and .. you want Hernandez after he serves a few years for accessory to murder . (That might intimidate a tackler, the threat of being killed after the game) . The standard should be, would you let them in your home as 52 other guys have to trust this guy. ..pegula at least did that with our new jackass that is chemically imbalanced .

That is totally what we are saying.

yeah then lets together reshape that reality and make the world a better place. A few of us here and there can start adding up and possibly make the difference in the world

I do not understand your mentality at all. It's the " If everyone jumps off a bridge I would too" mentality.

If that's the case the patriots cheat, we should cheat too..

Integrity is important, and maybe we should hold it more dear then pushing it aside for something so meaningless as wins in mere game.

I just do not understand how anyone can just push it aside.

To you. Do you think the Pats organization or their fans care if the rest of the world thinks they didn't win with integrity? That IMO comes from constantly losing and trying to find excuses. "I would never want to be the Pats because their 4 Superbowls were not done with integrity"

Yea, can my team win 4 superbowls and have people complain? Ill take that

One insecure overgrown child that can't handle rejection from women is enough.. Grow a pair and believe character and team win over talent if you have good coaching (and a level playing field)... I do think a moron like lil Ritchie deserves a chance but not two...

Thats false. Talent trumps all.

Are the best players A) The most talented or B) The best character guys.

Who is Better Ray Lewis or Arthur Moats?

Edited by CountDorkula

Incognito has never done ANYTHING remotely on par to what Rice, Hardy, and OJ have done.

Holy ****, all charges dropped....

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2015/02/09/5502866/greg-hardy-trial-opens-with-jury.html#.VNjTksbMorY

Pay off to disappear?

Actually all the crimes of these players are different and anyone that thinks Richie's crimes aren't as bad as say Ray Rice is crazy imo.

The take away from this Hardy incident is that all you have to do is be accused for most people to decide you're guilty.

In publuc opinion yes. In the court of law and his record no.