Greg Hardy

I think we should sign him over Hughes.

I have heard about him signing a one year "prove it" deal. Forget that, give him a 4 year deal at 7m a year with 18m guaranteed. He has his issues but he is a monster,only 27 years old ,and by all accounts a good teammate. Why Would we give him a 1 year deal when he is not going to be a problem and will produce big#s. We would get a top 5 DE for a huge discount. Let Rex worry about the PR. Moves like this will greatly improve the team and allow us to get a couple more players like Revis or J Thomas.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a force on the field, but after signing Incognito I doubt we'll be bringing anyone remotely that questionable into the locker room

I disagree this is what good teams do. They find good players at a discount. And his problems are all off the field issues. If we did sign him I can't think of a way we wouldn't be a much better team.

Incognito + Hardy at 9m is way better than Hughes and Incognito at 12-13m

He is a good teamate

I disagree this is what good teams do. They find good players at a discount. And his problems are all off the field issues. If we did sign him I can't think of a way we wouldn't be a much better team.

Incognito + Hardy at 9m is way better than Hughes and Incognito at 12-13m

He is a good teamate

Except there's a good chance he spends most of next season on suspension if his court case goes as it should. So you really might be arguing "(Incognito + Hughes) vs. Incognito".

He's a force on the field, but after signing Incognito I doubt we'll be bringing anyone remotely that questionable into the locker room

I tend to agree with you, BUT, do we want to win SB's or trout out a Church league team? The 1990's Cowboys and even the Steelers currently (Bell smoking pot while driving--Ben's past issues) had/have issues.

I'd be fine singing him to a long term deal if he costs less than Hughes. It would also allow us the flexibility to bring in another stout guard in FA, and Revis. I would also bring in AP. With no top QB available, the strategy has to be to build the best D and run game possible, while brining in a solid game-manager like Sanchez, or anyone else that is a slightly above average QB. If we land Eli even better.

One final thought: who cares if the Bills get "bad publicity." We have had zero publicity for the past 15 years. When we are destroying people on the field, and having no off field issues, other teams will wish they copied our strategy.

Sad that people rather win without integrity.. I would rather win a Superbowl with integrity then to stoop to the win at all cost including cheating or loud mouth gold chain bling wearing, taking a fake dump on football douche bags or signing piss poor human beings as players

That being said he is appealing this and maybe the charges get dropped.

Edited by ddaryl

Sad that people rather win without integrity.. I would rather win a Superbowl with integrity then to stoop to the win at all cost including cheating or loud mouth gold chain bling wearing, taking a fake dump on football douche bags or signing piss poor human beings as players

I agree, but EVERY team has its problem players. The idea that teams like the Steelers "win with integrity" is a total façade propagated by the teams self-righteous owners and aided by ignorant NFL announcers. Overall, we have great players on this team, and brining in a few with some issues may help them catch the good habits of our players such as Mario, Watkins, Freddie, EJ, Wood, etc.

Edited by RyanC883

I tend to agree with you, BUT, do we want to win SB's or trout out a Church league team? The 1990's Cowboys and even the Steelers currently (Bell smoking pot while driving--Ben's past issues) had/have issues.

I'd be fine singing him to a long term deal if he costs less than Hughes. It would also allow us the flexibility to bring in another stout guard in FA, and Revis. I would also bring in AP. With no top QB available, the strategy has to be to build the best D and run game possible, while brining in a solid game-manager like Sanchez, or anyone else that is a slightly above average QB. If we land Eli even better.

One final thought: who cares if the Bills get "bad publicity." We have had zero publicity for the past 15 years. When we are destroying people on the field, and having no off field issues, other teams will wish they copied our strategy.

The Steelers didn't actively seek out a QB with rape allegations and an RB with a history of DUI's. That's the difference. When they are already part of the locker room then the locker room helps get players through it, when they already have issues and are introduced to the locker room there is a chance of implosion.

Does anyone know the details of his charges? I know it's for DV but I haven't heard any specifics.

I believe they are (mainly) misdemeanors at this point.

Lot of good information here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2015/02/08/5499736/jury-will-decide-fate-of-carolina.html

Confirmed from linked article:

The charges against Hardy are misdemeanors. Even if he’s convicted, the 26-year-old is unlikely to serve any jail time.

Edited by DrDareustein

The Steelers didn't actively seek out a QB with rape allegations and an RB with a history of DUI's. That's the difference. When they are already part of the locker room then the locker room helps get players through it, when they already have issues and are introduced to the locker room there is a chance of implosion.

You make a very good point, and there is def. a difference as you stated. But the Steelers also "cut" backup players and then proudly puff out their chests claiming that there is a "Steeler-way" to win. They then fail to apply the same rule to good players. A blatant double standard, that is particularly annoying when you live in Pittsburgh and hear the yinzer-steeler fans continually talk about this. They also drafted Mike Adams from Ohio State.

I think the team has been sad for q5 years now!!

I know,I'm in the minority but I don't think what he did was enough to stop a promising carrer.he was young and in a crazy relationship.I'm definitely not defending what he did , but I will give him a second chance.my guess is he goes on to be a great player without any more legal issues. Sometimes kids need a wakeup call. I hope we give him that second chance and get a discount.he is going to play somewhere. Y not with us.

Does anyone know the details of his charges? I know it's for DV but I haven't heard any specifics.

It's a bit shaky in full detail but it was supposedly pretty messy. The girlfriend and he were both drunk and got in a fight. Some debate on how much he actually roughed her up. She ended up turning him in for having a whole bunch of guns, some of which were argued to be illegal. The police seized many of the guns and made him look really bad.

But, the guy is bonafide crazy. Read his Twitter.

Incognito, Ray Rice, and Greg Hardy...

Might as well bring OJ back to coach our RBs.

I want to win as much as the next guy, but I have a really hard time cheering for ****ty people.

Go Bills :bag:

Incognito has never done ANYTHING remotely on par to what Rice, Hardy, and OJ have done.

Holy ****, all charges dropped....

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2015/02/09/5502866/greg-hardy-trial-opens-with-jury.html#.VNjTksbMorY

Greg Hardy’s domestic-abuse case was abruptly dismissed Monday because his accuser could not be found to testify.

Pay off to disappear?
Edited by DrDareustein

Incognito has never done ANYTHING remotely on par to what Rice, Hardy, and OJ have done.

Holy ****, all charges dropped....

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2015/02/09/5502866/greg-hardy-trial-opens-with-jury.html#.VNjTksbMorY

Pay off to disappear?

This whole case has been wishy washy. I do not want Hardy on the team because he is volatile and actually quite crazy. He's like Steve Johnson on steroids and mixed with N Suh.