Season Ticket Price Increase

powerbroker

Did season tix previously include the Toronto game?

thought they were separate, but I'm just guessing but 90% confident

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Buffalo-Bills-release-2013-ticket-prices/6087dcd9-87e7-4013-8ea4-b2f87f148a37

The 2013 Season Ticket Package will include nine home games at Ralph Wilson Stadium (seven regular season games and two preseason games). The Bills will play one regular season game in Toronto in 2013. The time and date for this game will be determined by the NFL.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

You guys have to be bottom 5 still with us, right?

I'm not sure. Our stadium was publically funded - I will need to look that up.

OK - I looked it up and I don't know i I am looking at the right list but it shows avg initial ticket prices per team for 2014 and we were LAST. $146.53 http://blog.tiqiq.com/2014/04/2014-nfl-tickets-team-team-average-prices/

I'm not sure. Our stadium was publically funded - I will need to look that up.

OK - I looked it up and I don't know i I am looking at the right list but it shows avg initial ticket prices per team for 2014 and we were LAST. $146.53 http://blog.tiqiq.com/2014/04/2014-nfl-tickets-team-team-average-prices/

Hmmm, could have swore we were last. Maybe our cheapest are the lowest.

I've been a season ticket holder for 8 years and this is the second increase in that time, I believe. I'm fine with it if T. Pegs wants to take in a little more dough to make it rain during free agency. At least it's not just a pure money grab. Our new owner has already dropped serious coin on the franchise and is poised to do much more.

I don't necessarily mind the increase, but I am not impressed that I have to figure it out myself. When they freeze the price they are very quick to announce it in the media and in the info they send out. This time around, the package says nothing outside of "Pay Now" , "Contact us if you have questions". How about explaining it (it's been a few years, still one of the lowest in the league, etc) ?

Pegs just ponied up $1.4 Bil. to keep the team where it belongs. I didn't know what to expect. I am VERY happy, and glad to pay for the moderate price increase

I don't necessarily mind the increase, but I am not impressed that I have to figure it out myself. When they freeze the price they are very quick to announce it in the media and in the info they send out. This time around, the package says nothing outside of "Pay Now" , "Contact us if you have questions". How about explaining it (it's been a few years, still one of the lowest in the league, etc) ?

There is an up to 6 mo. payment plan available.

I've been a season ticket holder for 8 years and this is the second increase in that time, I believe. I'm fine with it if T. Pegs wants to take in a little more dough to make it rain during free agency. At least it's not just a pure money grab. Our new owner has already dropped serious coin on the franchise and is poised to do much more.

My first year, (1989) I believe that upper level seats were around $140 a pop.

Understand that ~40% of the non-suite, non-premium seating revenue goes to the visiting team. So...the league has as much or more to do with pricing than the ownership. Every time you hear to the paid attendance announced at the game, someone from the visiting team is leaving their seat to pick up a check at the host team's ticket office. :-)

The push to "modernize" stadiums to be more "competitive" is about expanding the premium and suite seating which is 100% home team revenue. This is the big money that could be used for free agency and other local spending.

A modest price increase can be justified with out of conference home games with:

Houston- a team we lost to last season and JJ Watt

Indianapolis- playoff team with Andrew Luck

Cincy- Dalton , AJ Green

NY Giants - Manning , Beckham Jr and Waterloo, NY native Tom Coughlin

Dallas - Romo and the rest of "Americas" team

Throw in Rex and the possiblity of a prime time game with Dallas and NE and I doubt it was a long discussion about raising prices.

if the away games were our home contests it would have been a less tenable situation.

Washington, Phila, KC, Tennessee, Jacksonville ( London)

Revenue from price increase will equal less than 1% or what the Pegulas paid to keep the team in Western NY. Yes, we're not digging that much deeper in our pockets espcially compared to major markets.

Edited by powerbroker

A modest price increase can be justified with out of conference home games with:

Price for lower level sideline tickets between the 25 yard lines is up 29%

That's not modest. That's obscene.

Yer killin me. :doh:

Edited by K-No

I'm a retired Naval officer living in Virginia Beach and bought season tickets last year because I couldn't believe how inexpensive they were. Twelve rows upper deck, 30 yard line and it only cost $1200 for two season tickets. Went to every game and loved it. A modest price increase didn't deter me at all from renewing for this year.

My $600 seats went up to $640. With the $64/seat refund from the Snow game, they are still cheaper this year than they were last year.

Lower level sideline tickets are now $1,000 each. As usual, the increase for the tickets in these sections is a higher percentage...just sayin.

Edited by K-No

IMO still the best deal in the NFL. Enjoy these prices they will not last forever.

here's an example of TexASS greed. At Jerrah's palace. Obstructed view standing

Room tickets cost $105 a game.

If Jerrah has his way all of the teams will be greed mongers & charge outrageous prices as he does .

I would like to see the Bills in a new stadium but not at the price of alienating the bills fan base with PSL's (which are a rip off) or crazy increases because the "NFL" wants all teams to be in debt over there wildest dreams .

If Pegula is as smart a business man as we think he will keep the Bills at the Ralph & do some amazing refurbishing to the building & save himself & the team a bunch of money that can be put towards the team as to not strap the state , county & most important any of the fans with outrageous ticket prices !

If Lambeau field is still going strong as one of the oldest stadiums in the league there is no reason the Ralph can't live on & still be a great venue to see our Bills in for years to come !!!

in an 8 year span, even if it was simply a money grab, that wouldnt be unreasonable. thats a long time to go with only 1 prior price bump.

Lower level sideline tickets are now $1,000 each. As usual, the increase for the tickets in these sections is a higher percentage...just say

If you sit in the rows close to the field, the price simply is not worth it. The view is restricted due to the crown of the field, and everybody stands for most of the game.

Love my seats @ row 3 on the 35 in the upper deck. Perfect, unobstructed view,and no one stands up in front of me. $80 a game.

If Lambeau field is still going strong as one of the oldest stadiums in the league there is no reason the Ralph can't live on & still be a great venue to see our Bills in for years to come !!!

I completely agree.

Everything goes up, all corporations want to make more money.

As consumers you decide if the price is worth the entertainment you get in return and buy or don't buy accordingly.

Simple as can be.

We have to stop letting Corporations do our thinking for us......

Nothing simpler than that.

I don't remember what face was on my tickets when I came to the Ralph, but I thought it was cheap. Tickets went up at Lambeau this year as expected, but I don't mind if it's only a couple bucks.

We sat in row 7 at the ralph, and our seats were fantastic. You have a great atmosphere in Buffalo.