Really?

Fairly reliable, whatever that means, doesn't really cut it when one's goal is to seek the absolute truth. I also find it kind of humerous that you think that government endorsement is a reason to believe something is credible.

They are clearly not a panacea. It's a tool and, although debatable, it is used. It's just another piece of information. You got me with the 'gov't endorsement' thing though. :beer: I said that simply because I knew certain security clearances require it. I'd hazard a guess that it's used for certain private employments as well but I'm too lazy to search for it.

Either way...It's my own personal guess that Brian would shy away from taking one right now.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not paid to observe and report accurately. He's paid to read a script. What sort of training or preparation do you think he has to accurately observe events and report on them? I'd wager less than you, and certainly less than me. So I think it's entirely plausible that he could have gotten confused and, in the retelling, "misremembered" things. Never attribute to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity.

And if you think that's somehow defending him or being contrarian for my own amusement...you want to take a guess what I think of "reporters" who are incapable of accurate reporting? (I'll give you a hint: it includes the phrase "worse than lying.")

I appreciate your perspective on this and it certainly is possible. However it reads like lawyer speak in defense of a client. Anyway, here is more that is kinda funny.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2015/02/06/new-orleans-doc-mocks-dramatic-brian-williams-katrina-tales

I appreciate your perspective on this and it certainly is possible. However it reads like lawyer speak in defense of a client. Anyway, here is more that is kinda funny.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2015/02/06/new-orleans-doc-mocks-dramatic-brian-williams-katrina-tales

Once you lie, that's it. Everything is now questioned. Rightfully so.

I wasn't going to say this. But tonight, on my way home from work I was shot at. Shot at by a 105mm howitzer, AK47s, and what some think was a tactical nuclear warhead that apparently were set up to harvest deer in my neighboring communities that I have to drive through daily. It was a harrowing experience, as you might well imagine. Not knowing if I would arrive home safe and sound, or if I would have to spend the night or nights in the emergency ward at the local hospital, I couldn't help but think of how I would break the news to my wife and my loved ones... if I had perished.

My misfortune was compounded by the fact that my car hit a cavernous hole in the road - it was a paved highway - but incredibly poorly maintained due to the lack of taxation on those who can afford it in this country - though nevertheless, my limousine driver was able to negotiate the perilous tract and somehow, miraculously, my driver - Barack- whom I've known and loved for many years (and to whom I can always toss my limo's keys with confidence he'll know what to do) was able to get me to my destination - however late, and tired, and bedraggled, and I can only express my sincere gratitude and thanks to that humble man who so perfectly completed his mission. Words alone cannot thank him enough. I now have to excuse myself so I can take an enormous dump in order to feed my faithful following in the manner in which they have grown accustomed.

I wish you had a dash cam like the one that guy had when the plane went down in Taiwan.

Once you lie, that's it. Everything is now questioned. Rightfully so.

Especially if your paid to accurately relay info. None of this is surprising at all. This was a big fat lie he got caught on that had witnesses(military personnel) that he couldn't' control. Apparently he had 6 people in his film crew at the time and I wonder if they covered for him. It makes me wonder how much other little crap he has said that no one has called him on. Political stuff I mean. Misleading people with distortions and half truths.

I wish you had a dash cam like the one that guy had when the plane went down in Taiwan.

Especially if your paid to accurately relay info. None of this is surprising at all. This was a big fat lie he got caught on that had witnesses(military personnel) that he couldn't' control. Apparently he had 6 people in his film crew at the time and I wonder if they covered for him. It makes me wonder how much other little crap he has said that no one has called him on. Political stuff I mean. Misleading people with distortions and half truths.

You mean like when NBC "news" spliced the George Zimmerman 911 call to make him appear to answer questions in a way he really hadn't?

Gee, I wonder who the managing editor was who signed off on that. <_<

There sure was a lot of lying going on in 2003! No doubt about that

That anyone would focus on this douche as the biggest liar is pretty funny and self serving

Please point out where anyone called him the biggest liar.

Oh and that's right. Bush Bad!

Did NBC News manipulate original Williams report to give “under fire” impression?

NBC News’ problems are about to get a lot worse. CNN’s Jake Tapper interviewed Travis Tritten, the Stars and Stripes reporter who broke the story about Brian Williams’ false story about coming under RPG and small-arms fire while covering the opening days of the invasion of Iraq. Earlier, a pilot who had thought that Williams had been in his helicopter while taking some small-arms fire (whom Tapper had interviewed) retracted that claim after three other veterans disputed it.

Tapper and Tritten discuss that, but Tapper then plays part of the original report from NBC News in 2003, which includes radio chatter about taking small-arms fire. Tritten then says that one of the three witnesses, Joseph Miller, says that the chatter actually came from another unit — which means that NBC News edited it into the Williams footage to match his story about coming under fire. This picks up at the 4-minute mark:

Video at the link:

In other words, there are two problems with the original report. The first and most basic is that the video of the helicopter drop does not match the audio in the sense that the communications were coming from a completely different set of Chinooks. The second and much bigger problem is that the decision to air that mismatched audio and video had to have been made deliberately. Note that Williams very specifically says “our drop” when referring to “this routine mission is running into trouble.”

If what Tritten and Miller say is true, then not only did Williams tell a false story for 12 years, Williams and his entire NBC crew presented a false report to NBC viewers. They edited in the radio traffic of another mission in order to make it look like their mission came under fire. Some have asked why Williams’ crew didn’t come forward to confirm or deny Williams’ story; well, this would explain why they’d prefer to keep quiet. If Tritten and Miller got this wrong, then we’d better start seeing some denials from everyone involved — and the raw footage and audio from 2003 to confirm it.

This raises the stakes considerably for NBC News. It’s no longer Williams lying in other venues, if Tritten and Miller are correct. It’s that Williams cooked a story and put it on the air. A simple apology won’t cover that kind of journalistic sin.

.http://hotair.com/archives/2015/02/06/oh-my-did-nbc-news-manipulate-original-williams-report-to-give-under-fire-impression/

Did NBC News manipulate original Williams report to give “under fire” impression?

NBC News’ problems are about to get a lot worse. CNN’s Jake Tapper interviewed Travis Tritten, the Stars and Stripes reporter who broke the story about Brian Williams’ false story about coming under RPG and small-arms fire while covering the opening days of the invasion of Iraq. Earlier, a pilot who had thought that Williams had been in his helicopter while taking some small-arms fire (whom Tapper had interviewed) retracted that claim after three other veterans disputed it.

Tapper and Tritten discuss that, but Tapper then plays part of the original report from NBC News in 2003, which includes radio chatter about taking small-arms fire. Tritten then says that one of the three witnesses, Joseph Miller, says that the chatter actually came from another unit — which means that NBC News edited it into the Williams footage to match his story about coming under fire. This picks up at the 4-minute mark:

Video at the link:

In other words, there are two problems with the original report. The first and most basic is that the video of the helicopter drop does not match the audio in the sense that the communications were coming from a completely different set of Chinooks. The second and much bigger problem is that the decision to air that mismatched audio and video had to have been made deliberately. Note that Williams very specifically says “our drop” when referring to “this routine mission is running into trouble.”

If what Tritten and Miller say is true, then not only did Williams tell a false story for 12 years, Williams and his entire NBC crew presented a false report to NBC viewers. They edited in the radio traffic of another mission in order to make it look like their mission came under fire. Some have asked why Williams’ crew didn’t come forward to confirm or deny Williams’ story; well, this would explain why they’d prefer to keep quiet. If Tritten and Miller got this wrong, then we’d better start seeing some denials from everyone involved — and the raw footage and audio from 2003 to confirm it.

This raises the stakes considerably for NBC News. It’s no longer Williams lying in other venues, if Tritten and Miller are correct. It’s that Williams cooked a story and put it on the air. A simple apology won’t cover that kind of journalistic sin.

.http://hotair.com/archives/2015/02/06/oh-my-did-nbc-news-manipulate-original-williams-report-to-give-under-fire-impression/

Everybody say it along with me...

"What difference, at this point, does it make?"

I believe this reporter was a Williams protege...

http://youtu. be/8slEPV9LyS0

Yes, I remember that vividly. There was more footage they showed only once. Several bodies lying face down in the water being carried away by the swift and deadly current. The sight was so horrific that Katie refused to let it air again. She left NBC soon after and had to undergo extensive PTS therapy to get her life back together. But the story did have a happy ending. Matt got to schtupp the canoe girl a few times.

That's what I remember from that harrowing period in our nation's history.