Really?

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/04/media/brian-williams-recants-iraq-story/index.html

"I think the constant viewing of the video showing us inspecting the impact area -- and the fog of memory over 12 years -- made me conflate the two, and I apologize."

You know who "forgets" whether or not an RPG hits a helicopter they're on? A liar.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/04/media/brian-williams-recants-iraq-story/index.html

"I think the constant viewing of the video showing us inspecting the impact area -- and the fog of memory over 12 years -- made me conflate the two, and I apologize."

You know who "forgets" whether or not an RPG hits a helicopter they're on? A liar.

You know who says conflate? A liar who thinks everyone else is stupid.

John Hinderaker: Do Brian Williams’s Lies Matter? ................yes.........yes they do.

“Williams is not just an anchor, he is the Managing Editor of NBC Nightly News. Given the magnitude of the firestorm in which he has been engulfed, and the lack of any apparent defense for his mendacity, it seems inevitable that he will resign or be fired by NBC. . . . As to why he did it, the answer seems obvious. Williams used the story to burnish his credentials as a reporter; as a war correspondent; as a man. Check out this Letterman appearance, where beginning at around 3:50 he tells the story in what John Nolte terms ‘sociopathic detail.’” Video at the link.

Also Fabricated? Brian Williams Told Similar Story in Katrina About Cop ‘Rescuing’ Him From Gangs.

"That one live shot I did from the moon" #BrianWilliamsMemories

B9CtujSCcAAghFc.jpg

To be fair, lots of journalists have lied about Iraq, so what’s one more?

I think that it is really a shame that Brian Williams was "swiftboated" by those soldiers........................................

We need a Blue Ribbon Senate panel to look into Brian Williams' war fibs. I nominate Hillary, John Kerry, Richard Blumenthal & Tom Harkin.

Actually I think that Brian is just "taking one for the team"
Remember Hillary did it first.......... Hillary, under fire ?
Now, when she runs, it can be dismissed..........because everyone does it............................lol
Edited by B-Man

Actually, given how people usually act in unfamiliar and perceived dangerous situations, I find it entirely plausible that he got confused.

I mean, it's not like it's his job to observe events and report on them, right?

I have to imagine he probably had no choice but to come out because those who knew the truth got tired of hearing it again last week. I'm not sure how you admit something like this and keep your job as lead anchor of NBC News.

Considering the credibility of NBC News, I'd imagine this makes him even more suited for his job.

Considering the credibility of NBC News, I'd imagine this makes him even more suited for his job.

I read somewhere that last Tuesday, in something like the 24-34 year old age range, MSNBC had 55,000 viewers.

Think about that. In a country with 300 million people, they got 55,000 in that age range to watch them. You could post a video of a cat walking across piano keys and get more viewers. The one thing they had going for them is now yet another liberal who needs to make things up in order to stay relevant.

Who does he think he is? Hillary Clinton?

I read somewhere that last Tuesday, in something like the 24-34 year old age range, MSNBC had 55,000 viewers.

Think about that. In a country with 300 million people, they got 55,000 in that age range to watch them. You could post a video of a cat walking across piano keys and get more viewers. The one thing they had going for them is now yet another liberal who needs to make things up in order to stay relevant.

Who does he think he is? Hillary Clinton?

You could post a video of a cat walking across piano keys and get more insight into current events, too.

Our "taxpayer supported" neutral media chimes in........................................

Please listen to this defense of Brian Williams on NPR..... Wow ... http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2015/02/05/brian-williams-memory

“Sometimes people develop memories for things that they’ve heard other people talk about, so they kind of hijack the stories of other people, even inadvertently.”

She also uses Hillary's misremembering as PROOF that Brian Williams probably didn't lie.

“Sometimes people develop memories for things that they’ve heard other people talk about, so they kind of hijack the stories of other people, even inadvertently.”

Have I told you all recently about all the hot super models I've banged in my lifetime?

Oh and I have a mansion and a yacht.