Really?

“Sometimes people develop memories for things that they’ve heard other people talk about, so they kind of hijack the stories of other people, even inadvertently.”

It is a known phenomenon.

She also uses Hillary's misremembering as PROOF that Brian Williams probably didn't lie.

That is priceless, though. :lol:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed....but this smells of baloney. I would think most of those cases occur where people involved in recurrent stressful situations begin to 'overlap' details. A big time news anchor probably hasn't been 'shot down' enough (ever) to confuse anything. He's been closer to combat than I'll ever be and I'll give him that.... but to 'misremember' (apologies to Roger Clemens) being in a helicopter hit by an RPG??

Right on cue! Sally Kohn dusts off Bush/Cheney derangement to defend Brian Williams

2MPQXEM1_normal.jpegSally Kohn @sallykohn

So next Bush and Cheney are gonna apologize for all their mistake about Iraq, right?!?????

You know, Sally might be onto something

If it weren't for BushCheney, then Brian Williams wouldn't have lied......................... There's your lead story for tonight NBC !!

It never ceases to amaze....how stupid these guys think we are. Total Horse$%!).

My next question would be... "Polygraph Brian?"

Because polygraphs are accurate now?

Pretty shady **** from Mr. Williams.

The more times you recall a memory, the less accurate it becomes because your brain recreates the "story" each time it's recalled. This is one of the reasons witnesses change their stories after multiple retellings and why eyewitness testimony is often inaccurate.

Still, it's kind of hard to imagine he misremembers such a crucial detail so badly though.

Helicopter pilot tells CNN Williams 'messed up':
Rich Krell, who was piloting the Chinook that Williams was on, tells a slightly different story than the crew members who spoke to Stars and Stripes. "Some of things he's said are not true. But some of the things they're saying against him are not true either," said Krell, who spoke exclusively to CNN on Thursday morning. Krell explained that, contrary to Williams' comments in the past, there were three helicopters flying in close formation, not four. "One of the birds broke down, so we were a flight of three," Krell said. "We were hauling metal bridges." Williams was in the back of Krell's aircraft along with three other NBC staffers. Krell referred to his Chinook as the "second bird" in the formation. The "first bird," right in front of the "second bird," was struck by the RPG. Due to his seat in the back, Williams was most likely unable to witness the RPG attack, Krell said.
All three of the helicopters were hit by small arms fire, Krell said, supporting Williams' past claims about that. "The bridge expansions we were hauling took most of the hits," Krell said. The three Chinooks took evasive maneuvers. Krell's helicopter dropped off its payload, then met up with the other two about 45 minutes later. That may explain why the other crew members told Stars and Stripes that Williams arrived in the area later. Krell said of Williams, "Yeah, he messed up some things and said some things he shouldn't have. I [first] heard it a few years ago. ... Actually one of my flight engineers said, 'Did you hear him say that? Wasn't he on our bird?'" Krell didn't seem overly bothered by Williams' revisionist history -- he chalked it up to wartime theatrics. "After a while, with combat stories, you just go 'Whatever,'" he said.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/05/media/brian-williams-iraq/index.html

I guess that makes it less black and white at least. Maybe.

Edited by Gene Frenkle

Because polygraphs are accurate now?

Pretty shady **** from Mr. Williams.

In the right hands they are 'fairly' reliable. Enough that many of our gov't agencies require them for jobs...yet 'bad' enough that the courts won't allow them. Can't win this argument either way.

Polygraph? !@#$ that. Just go through his underwear drawer. Not one with a **** stain? It never happened.

:worthy:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/05/media/brian-williams-iraq/index.html

I guess that makes it less black and white at least. Maybe.

It will be interesting to hear more first hand accounts as they come out. I'm still on the BS side.

Actually, given how people usually act in unfamiliar and perceived dangerous situations, I find it entirely plausible that he got confused.

I mean, it's not like it's his job to observe events and report on them, right?

He's a professional reporter, allegedly. Paid to observe and report accurately :sick: . A NBC reporter would never lie right? I think you are just being contrarian for amusement purposes. :devil:

Edited by Dante

He's a professional reporter, allegedly. Paid to observe and report accurately :sick: . A NBC reporter would never lie right? I think you are just being contrarian for amusement purposes. :devil:

He's not paid to observe and report accurately. He's paid to read a script. What sort of training or preparation do you think he has to accurately observe events and report on them? I'd wager less than you, and certainly less than me. So I think it's entirely plausible that he could have gotten confused and, in the retelling, "misremembered" things. Never attribute to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity.

And if you think that's somehow defending him or being contrarian for my own amusement...you want to take a guess what I think of "reporters" who are incapable of accurate reporting? (I'll give you a hint: it includes the phrase "worse than lying.")

In the right hands they are 'fairly' reliable. Enough that many of our gov't agencies require them for jobs...yet 'bad' enough that the courts won't allow them. Can't win this argument either way.

Fairly reliable, whatever that means, doesn't really cut it when one's goal is to seek the absolute truth. I also find it kind of humerous that you think that government endorsement is a reason to believe something is credible.

I almost wish he was from Fox News so the media and liberals would give him his due for this stupidity.

But no. He's NBC. And everyone needs to cover for him.

The pilot works for the evil liberal media machine complex now? Edited by Gene Frenkle

I wasn't going to say this. But tonight, on my way home from work I was shot at. Shot at by a 105mm howitzer, AK47s, and what some think was a tactical nuclear warhead that apparently were set up to harvest deer in my neighboring communities that I have to drive through daily. It was a harrowing experience, as you might well imagine. Not knowing if I would arrive home safe and sound, or if I would have to spend the night or nights in the emergency ward at the local hospital, I couldn't help but think of how I would break the news to my wife and my loved ones... if I had perished.

My misfortune was compounded by the fact that my car hit a cavernous hole in the road - it was a paved highway - but incredibly poorly maintained due to the lack of taxation on those who can afford it in this country - though nevertheless, my limousine driver was able to negotiate the perilous tract and somehow, miraculously, my driver - Barack- whom I've known and loved for many years (and to whom I can always toss my limo's keys with confidence he'll know what to do) was able to get me to my destination - however late, and tired, and bedraggled, and I can only express my sincere gratitude and thanks to that humble man who so perfectly completed his mission. Words alone cannot thank him enough. I now have to excuse myself so I can take an enormous dump in order to feed my faithful following in the manner in which they have grown accustomed.

The truth is irrelevant. The narrative is what matters.

I wasn't going to say this. But tonight, on my way home from work I was shot at. Shot at by a 105mm howitzer, AK47s, and what some think was a tactical nuclear warhead

I didn't know you moved to Chiraq

Our "taxpayer supported" neutral media chimes in........................................

Please listen to this defense of Brian Williams on NPR..... Wow ... http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2015/02/05/brian-williams-memory …

“Sometimes people develop memories for things that they’ve heard other people talk about, so they kind of hijack the stories of other people, even inadvertently.”

She also uses Hillary's misremembering as PROOF that Brian Williams probably didn't lie.

Speaking of NPR they had a segment a few nights ago where they painted Scott Walker's ascension to a leading position in the GOP race as a fate worse than death for America. They even had Richard Trumka on to support their view.

Journalism at its unbiased unfiltered peak.

Speaking of NPR they had a segment a few nights ago where they painted Scott Walker's ascension to a leading position in the GOP race as a fate worse than death for America. They even had Richard Trumka on to support their view.

Journalism at its unbiased unfiltered peak.

Trumka on NPR to talk about Walker? How in the world does that station support itself?

Oh, wait.