Bills to go in little-talked-about direction at QB?

Rubes

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll be interested to see what type of qb they bring in. A combo of Bradford/Matt Moore is very different from Tyrod Taylor and RG3.

And remember people, we have two qb's on this roster so just because we bring someone in doesn't mean they're starting. And as far as I'm concerned, we need bodies and the more talent we get the better off we are. Let the coaches work with them. It's time for "new coach, new qb (and all positions) competition time" - again. Yea.

i'll be interested to see what type of qb they bring in. A combo of Bradford/Matt Moore is very different from Tyrod Taylor and RG3.

And remember people, we have two qb's on this roster so just because we bring someone in doesn't mean they're starting. And as far as I'm concerned, we need bodies and the more talent we get the better off we are. Let the coaches work with them. It's time for "new coach, new qb (and all positions) competition time" - again. Yea.

That really depends on who they bring in. If its Bradford, Foles or RG3, they're starting. If its Locker or Sanchez, they are competing with EJ but have the early edge in the competition. If its one of the other dozen names, it'll be an open competition, but I would think EJ would have the early edge.

That really depends on who they bring in. If its Bradford, Foles or RG3, they're starting. If its Locker or Sanchez, they are competing with EJ but have the early edge in the competition. If its one of the other dozen names, it'll be an open competition, but I would think EJ would have the early edge.

Unless Marrone was doing really bad things to EJ's brain via his bad coaching, we are screwed if EJ is the starting QB of this team on opening day.

I know! It's a tired topic, and yes, EJ does some nice things...he also does a lot of bad things, and he is far from consistent.

We need someone a notch or 2 better (at a minimum) than EJ if we are going to get to that next level.

Look at the Denver game last year as a great example of what I'm talking about.

We hold Peyton to his (what?) worst game in 6 years? And lose...

The D can't do it all my friends!

Unless Marrone was doing really bad things to EJ's brain via his bad coaching, we are screwed if EJ is the starting QB of this team on opening day.

I know! It's a tired topic, and yes, EJ does some nice things...he also does a lot of bad things, and he is far from consistent.

We need someone a notch or 2 better (at a minimum) than EJ if we are going to get to that next level.

I know, it's unfathomable that EJ is so inconsistent after completing 16 starts over 2 seasons (one shortened by injury).

I know EJ was holding the clipboard kinda crooked, but I am hard pressed to blame him for the loss to Denver.

I know, it's unfathomable that EJ is so inconsistent after completing 16 starts over 2 seasons (one shortened by injury).

Inconsistent doesnt tell the story. In my opinion he was very consistent, consistently not good enough with flashes of being competent. If it were the other way around, mostly competent with some bad throws in there, Id be a lot more optimistic. EJ is not good enough to lead us into next year, plain and simple. We need someone better to be able to capitalize on this defense.

Edited by jletha

For any Bills fans interested in the QBs in the 2015 NFL Draft, @DarrenPage did The Lord's work with his QB charts: http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2015/02/2015-nfl-draft-quarterback-passing-chart-project/

numbers seem to paint a favorable picture of my number one draft candidate, Bryce Petty.

And one shortened by a coach trying to save his job, which ironically, he later opted out of.

Was nice to have a winning season, would also have been nice to see what EJ could actually do - even with the handcuffs of a Marrone Offense. :beer:

I know EJ was holding the clipboard kinda crooked, but I am hard pressed to blame him for the loss to Denver.

:death:

Read harder my friend. Read harder.

Right, because EJ shows so many flashes of brilliance and clearly all he needs is a bit more experience.

:death::death::death::death::death::death::death:

Inconsistent doesnt tell the story. In my opinion he was very consistent, consistently not good enough with flashes of being competent. If it were the other way around, mostly competent with some bad throws in there, Id be a lot more optimistic. EJ is not good enough to lead us into next year, plain and simple. We need someone better to be able to capitalize on this defense.

EJ is going to have to wash out of the league and take up insurance sales before a certain contingent on this board will give up on the EJ crusade.

It's OK though. EJ won't be around the NFL a ton longer.

Just looking at some QBs, Christian Ponder made the playoffs. How did that happen? If Ponder can then EJ can.

Sure. If the Bills can get an RB who can rush for over 2000 yards during the season, then we can get by with crappy QB play and then be one and done in playoffs.

Blame Ej ! Orton should have played better be the Broncos. EJ wasn't quick enough with the Gatorade.

EJ is going to have to wash out of the league and take up insurance sales before a certain contingent on this board will give up on the EJ crusade.

It's OK though. EJ won't be around the NFL a ton longer.

I don't really see how believing your 1st rd QB who had to learn the game under an incompetent HC (in regards to offense) should get a chance to play, should really be described as a "crusade"