All Things Incognito (Richie returns, signs contract)

RalphOP83

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It’s a low-risk proposition for the Bills"......hilarious...i guess they mean financially

richie is a piece of chit.

but hey, he is an upgrade on the field compared to the guards we have, so team chemistry be damned.

A source close to Rex Ryan informed The Buffalo News the physical is a formality and that Incognito will join the Bills. The source added Ryan considered Incognito a high-priority acquisition.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/bills-set-to-sign-incognito-20150206

"It’s a low-risk proposition for the Bills"......hilarious...i guess they mean financially

but hey, he is an upgrade on the field compared to the guards we have, so team chemistry be damned.

A source close to Rex Ryan informed The Buffalo News the physical is a formality and that Incognito will join the Bills. The source added Ryan considered Incognito a high-priority acquisition.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/bills-set-to-sign-incognito-20150206

It's doubtful he has a detrimental effect on team chemistry.

I think he is a big upgrade over anyone we have. It makes sense. They want a smash mouth tough football team. He fits the bill.

I think he will be on his best behavior. He knows one more mess up and he's out of the league for good. I like this pickup a lot. Now we just need to set our sights on a QB

Anyone find it interesting that the "victim" he "bullied" ended up in San Francisco with Roman? Jonathan Martin.

I'd like to think Roman (and I bet a lot of other guys) know exactly how overblown in this craptastic PC country we live in the whole situation was.

Also...hopefully this means we won't be overspending for a Guard...that it creates some "the Bills are going for it" buzz by striking early here...and committing our cap room to Hughes, Revis and maybe even Julius Thomas.

I can dream.

Edited by Big Blitz

Well, Richie has had one bad "team chemistry" incident in his whole career. I wouldn't worry.

Well, Richie has had one bad "team chemistry" incident in his whole career. I wouldn't worry.

one ???....laughable

here a a list of over 10 "incidents"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/richie-incognito-troubled-timeline-dates-back-early-college-224648711--nfl.html;_ylt=AwrBT_ssz9VU3CkAJ1pXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMG04Z2o2BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkAw--

Bullocks, Chas Rheingold does not follow line coaches, line coaches flock to Chas Rheingold

Word

If we take the "Bills to go in little talked about direction at QB" thread and the signing of Ritchie Incognito - I can see Ritchie running a "Guard Option" offense. He has legs that can move 300 lb men and a motor that won't quit. Give him the ball to run or he can air it out if the LB's and safeties are cheating in.

It's doubtful he has a detrimental effect on team chemistry.

More like team chemistry and he learning from his year off will have a positive effect on Richie. Worth a shot...he knows it's probably his last chance.

I am all for this. This is the classic "give a player a last chance" scenario...and one that is better than any guard currently on the roster. Could the Bills use some goons on Oline? YES Does he fit the bill? (npi) YES

And Consider This Locker Room Culture: The Oline is the Dline's beeatch...and you have the current state of the Bills.

Richie is not the kind of guy that is going to let the all-pro Dline beat up on the Oline in practice...he does not care who is lining up against him...he is going to fight and not waver. Thus this sorry ass Oline just got better.

The FACT is Ritchie is a Role Model if you want bullies, and just what our pansies on Oline need.

And BTW - He never had any issues here...so do your homework before posting kids.

'nuff said.

To the OP

I would like to apologize as well.....I really didnt think Richie was going to get another chance in the NFL word had it that he was being totally blackballed.

There is no denying his talent.....I do worry about him in the locker room.

The dude is a little high strung, so it seems, but how exactly are you worried about him in the locker room? I think people deserve second chances. The dude was rough on some teammates, hung out at strip clubs, and liked banging a lot of women. I promise you, there are a ton of people just like him in the NFL and not in the NFL who don't lose their employment over such acts. Do you have to like it or agree with it? Absolutely not. Eveyones entitled to their own opinion. But the thought of this guy getting blackballed from the NFL, because he texted and treated a teammate poorly is a joke IMO.

Meanwhile you have a commissioner who's trying to cover scandals up at every turn and he just keeps getting a raise. Give me a break. The NFL is about trying to win and making money, as it should be. If the Bills think Incognito helps them, then they shouldn't think twice about signing him. Not every player is a role model or a nice guy and that's just the way it is. Anyone who thinks a guy should lose his job forever because he bullied a teammate and demeaned women just doesn't understand America and freedom, IMO. Let the American justice system prosecute criminals. I don't need to see the NFL play Mr. Cop and ban people from the league for doing things that are not criminal.

YES

Now bring back Dobler !

Anyone find it interesting that the "victim" he "bullied" ended up in San Francisco with Roman? Jonathan Martin.

I'd like to think Roman (and I bet a lot of other guys) know exactly how overblown in this craptastic PC country we live in the whole situation was.

Also...hopefully this means we won't be overspending for a Guard...that it creates some "the Bills are going for it" buzz by striking early here...and committing our cap room to Hughes, Revis and maybe even Julius Thomas.

I can dream.

Couldn't agree more. The whole thing was BS.

The guy has always been an ass. I'm not sure you can change a personality trait like that, no matter what punishment he's had. He been cut multiple times for his behavior. I hate having players like that on the Bills.

That said, I bet he's on a short leash. Any BS and he's gone. And our guards were sofa king bad last year, I'd say we are definitely at the point of desperation.

I remember Eric Wood discussing this a couple years ago. He seemed to get along fine with Incognito. I think Eric will be key to keeping him in line. I also think Aaron Kromer will get him back to form in no time.

Edited by Commander

If RI is willing to come and help be a part of the solution (winning) then I think he will be welcomed by his teammates and coaches.

Then again, what do I know ? I'm from the generation where words were just words. Today, it seems like words can are deemed equal to a physical assault.

I think RI has a good heart, cares about his community and cares about his teammates. I wish him well.