Jets, Bills to pursue Revis (Update-Signed with Jets)

YoloinOhio

For interest sake, assuming that the Patriots don't exercise Revis' option.....and assuming it is a 3 horse race.....the current cap space for the 3 teams(according to spotrac) are:

Patriots: $17M

Bills: $31M

Jets: $49M

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For interest sake, assuming that the Patriots don't exercise Revis' option.....and assuming it is a 3 horse race.....the current cap space for the 3 teams(according to spotrac) are:

Patriots: $17M

Bills: $31M

Jets: $49M

Revis counts toward the Pats cap space as he's under contract for 2015! If anything the Pats will redo his deal so he will cost less money against their cap space and if he says no then they cut him and it becomes a 31 team race.

Revis counts toward the Pats cap space as he's under contract for 2015! If anything the Pats will redo his deal so he will cost less money against their cap space and if he says no then they cut him and it becomes a 31 team race.

The Pats cap number was listed under the assumption that they don't take up the 2015 option year.

Oh sorry, that said I don't think Revis ends up here. As I don't see Whaley throwing mad money at him.

No probs....and I tend to agree with you. Though we don't know to what extent Rex has a man crush on Revis(which could influence things), he certainly seemed quite infatuated with the current talent on the defence. I personally think that a key factor will be how highly Whaley(and Rex) rates Gilmore. If they don't envision keeping him past his rookie contract they may chose to invest early in the CB position(Revis).....but on the flip side, if they see him as a lynchpin for the future, then Revis perhaps would not be seen as very good value for the money.

I too have faith that Whaley is prudent in how he spends the cap dollars available.

Edited by Dibs

I haven't sifted through the thread, but the source of the headline (Schefter) leads me to wonder -- outside of the obvious Rex/Revis connections is there ANY substance to this rumor?

besides the fact it makes perfect sense......

new england will not keep him at a cap hit of $25 mil for 2015. revis will become a UFA and new england will still try to resign him. if not NE then revis & rex is the next most likely scenario.

bills better be careful....NE already has tampering charges against the jets after owner woody johnson's comments.

I haven't sifted through the thread, but the source of the headline (Schefter) leads me to wonder -- outside of the obvious Rex/Revis connections is there ANY substance to this rumor?

I will say outsdie of the Marrone stuff, Shefter usually spot on with his reporting. He usually gets this stuff right.

I know totally off topic, but that job is really a two horse race...Shefter and Glazer.

Mort not far behind

Rappaport, Clayton, La Canfora etc are just not in the same class...but i would take their jobs in a heartbeat

I will say outsdie of the Marrone stuff, Shefter usually spot on with his reporting. He usually gets this stuff right.

I know totally off topic, but that job is really a two horse race...Shefter and Glazer.

Mort not far behind

Rappaport, Clayton, La Canfora etc are just not in the same class...but i would take their jobs in a heartbeat

Fair enough. For what it's worth, I'm down w/ signing Revis if they can get creative and not hamstring efforts to upgrade the OL.