I hate Marshawn Lynch

Ok. He's got anxiety and that means he's gotta be a dick about it....makes sense. He should petition the league to try and get an exemption if it's really that big of an issue for him. I hope they grant it. That way, he can just stick to b*tching about getting fined for being too stupid to follow simple rules like wearing the right cleats. Oh the humanity!

He needs to be given a break. He's just trying to have harmless fun. Unless you count the hit & run, misdemeanor gun plea and DUI.... good guy though. Real model citizen.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. He's got anxiety and that means he's gotta be a dick about it....makes sense. He should petition the league to try and get an exemption if it's really that big of an issue for him. I hope they grant it. That way, he can just stick to b*tching about getting fined for being too stupid to follow simple rules like wearing the right cleats. Oh the humanity!

He needs to be given a break. He's just trying to have harmless fun. Unless you count the hit & run, misdemeanor gun charges and DUI.... good guy though. Real model citizen.

How was he being a real dick about it? They've fined him over $100k for it. What's he supposed to say? Thank you sir, may I have another?

i was listening to bill polian saturday morning on some satellite radio show.

he said if he was advising marshawn.....he would tell him to just show up and keep repeating the same pat answer like bill belichick does when he answers "on to cincinnati" and see what the nfl does then.

That is exactly what he should do. Just show up repeat the same answer and leave. He is a beast and he gives 100% on the field where it counts. I wish he were still with the Bills.

That is exactly what he should do. Just show up repeat the same answer and leave. He is a beast and he gives 100% on the field where it counts. I wish he were still with the Bills.

I think that Lynch is a punk, but in light of the putrid events involving the Patriots, I fully support him indirectly telling the NFL to !@#$ off

he should answer the questions

Whether you like it or not, "I'm just here so I don't get fined," is an answer. Apparently, you just don't like the answer, which matters not one whit.

Personally, I'll take his bland schtick of, "I'm all about the game, boss..." over thirty solid minutes of Tom Brady blatantly lying any day of the week.

In fact, I find the answer, "I'm just here so I don't get fined," vastly preferable to such meaningless, hackneyed pablum like, "we're just looking forward to the next game... we need to be more effective controlling the ball... we still have a lot of work to do... blah, blah, blah..."

And, I'll take his subdued touchdown performances to ANY of the pretentious, self-indulgent, childish touchdown dances that just won't go away.

Whether you like it or not, "I'm just here so I don't get fined," is an answer. Apparently, you just don't like the answer, which matters not one whit.

Personally, I'll take his bland schtick of, "I'm all about the game, boss..." over thirty solid minutes of Tom Brady blatantly lying any day of the week.

In fact, I find the answer, "I'm just here so I don't get fined," vastly preferable to such meaningless, hackneyed pablum like, "we're just looking forward to the next game... we need to be more effective controlling the ball... we still have a lot of work to do... blah, blah, blah..."

And, I'll take his subdued touchdown performances to ANY of the pretentious, self-indulgent, childish touchdown dances that just won't go away.

It's no more of an answer than if he said "I'm dumb don't fine me" which would hve been closer to the truth.

He doesn't have anxiety disorder he has rebellious disorder ( which is also a real disorder)

"Oppositional Defiant Disorder is a childhood disorder that is characterized by negative, defiant, disobedient and often hostile behavior toward adults and authority figures primarily. In order to be diagnosed, the behaviors must occur for at least a period of 6 months.

Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) is characterized by the frequent occurrence of at least four of the following behaviors: losing temper, arguing with adults, actively defying or refusing to comply with the requests or rules of adults, deliberately doing things that will annoy other people, blaming others for his or her own mistakes or misbehavior, being touchy or easily annoyed by others, being angry and resentful, or being spiteful or vindictive.

Negativistic and defiant behaviors are expressed by persistent stubbornness, resistance to directions, and unwillingness to compromise, give in, or negotiate with adults or peers. Defiance may also include deliberate or persistent testing of limits, usually by ignoring orders, arguing, and failing to accept blame for misdeeds."

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/oppositional-defiant-disorder-symptoms/

he should answer the questions

Why, exactly? Because the corporation demands it? And, what exact questions would you want him to answer (so, MarShawn, how are readying yourself for the Superbowl)? I can think of a million and one worse things he could be doing than refusing to be fed on by vultures.

He's definitely getting uglier by the year.

No ****. I can't think of anything less interesting than a player press conference. You know the answers before they speak. And if anyone ever has the audacity to show some fire (a la Richard Sherman) the establishment freaks out and demands the boring, trite, canned cliches. I don't get it.

Why, exactly? Because the corporation demands it? And, what exact questions would you want him to answer (so, MarShawn, how are readying yourself for the Superbowl)? I can think of a million and one worse things he could be doing than refusing to be fed on by vultures.

He's definitely getting uglier by the year.

yes because when your boss tells you to do something you do it, real simple.

Very true. He could have just given a "no comment" answer, which certainly wouldn't have been as entertaining as what he had to say today. After all, the NFL is for entertainment purposes only and he accomplished this goal handedly.

yes because when your boss tells you to do something you do it, real simple.

Not necessarily. In fact, that's a pretty concrete line of thinking. A more mature approach would be to discuss your differences and come to a resolution that satisfies both parties. It happens every day in the work place. And maybe what you saw today was a result of such conflict resolution.

Edited by Saint Doug

It sounds like the overwhelming majority of people could care less if Marshawn answered the questions or not. Some people don't like the person for reasons known only to them. They'd rather this "thug" give cliche answers than stand up to "the man."

It's really ridiculous that this is even an issue. Here is a future HOF player, with a social anxiety disorder having to answer questions like, "how long have you been a black running back?" (That's not a real question but Doug Williams was asked that before becoming the 1st black QB to start a Super Bowl). Who cares what these guys have to say? They aren't paid to analyze the game and they just give generic answers anyways. Let the guy play football and leave it at that.

It's no more of an answer than if he said "I'm dumb don't fine me" which would hve been closer to the truth.

He doesn't have anxiety disorder he has rebellious disorder ( which is also a real disorder)

"Oppositional Defiant Disorder is a childhood disorder that is characterized by negative, defiant, disobedient and often hostile behavior toward adults and authority figures primarily. In order to be diagnosed, the behaviors must occur for at least a period of 6 months.

Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) is characterized by the frequent occurrence of at least four of the following behaviors: losing temper, arguing with adults, actively defying or refusing to comply with the requests or rules of adults, deliberately doing things that will annoy other people, blaming others for his or her own mistakes or misbehavior, being touchy or easily annoyed by others, being angry and resentful, or being spiteful or vindictive.

Negativistic and defiant behaviors are expressed by persistent stubbornness, resistance to directions, and unwillingness to compromise, give in, or negotiate with adults or peers. Defiance may also include deliberate or persistent testing of limits, usually by ignoring orders, arguing, and failing to accept blame for misdeeds."

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/oppositional-defiant-disorder-symptoms/

OK.

Well, now you're both bashing the mentally ill, and cut-and-pasting. Both classless activities, in my opinion. I am sorry to say, that this thread has caused me to lose more respect for you, than for Marshawn Lynch. And, while I'm sure you could not care less, I still will submit that your mission has not been accomplished.