I hate Marshawn Lynch

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really care what Lynch does in interviews, but people acting like he's right don't seem to realize he's a very well paid sports entertainer with contractual obligations that were negotiated by his union with the NFL. Don't want to be forced to speak to the media? Don't sign the contract. Nobody is forcing him to play in the NFL.

If he's really "all about the game" then he could always go play in the Canadian league where they're not obligated to do interviews. Football is football right?

If he has a problem with the rule he should ask the players union to lobby for it to change. Throwing a hissy fit and acting like a spoiled brat millionaire isn't going to get anything changed.

I don't really care what Lynch does in interviews, but people acting like he's right don't seem to realize he's a very well paid sports entertainer with contractual obligations that were negotiated by his union with the NFL. Don't want to be forced to speak to the media? Don't sign the contract. Nobody is forcing him to play in the NFL.

If he's really "all about the game" then he could always go play in the Canadian league where they're not obligated to do interviews. Football is football right?

If he has a problem with the rule he should ask the players union to lobby for it to change. Throwing a hissy fit and acting like a spoiled brat millionaire isn't going to get anything changed.

First, he is speaking to the media. His "contract" doesn't specify what he is supposed to say to them.

Second, answering dumb questions by the media is not "all about the game"....in fact, it has nothing to do with the game at all. You make no sense with that one.

Then everyone should accept his answers of "I'm just here so that I won't get fined," "yeah" or whatever he chooses to say. He is abiding by his contractual agreement. How is it any different that Belicheck saying "we are on to Denver" or whatever? It's so outdated that they make these guys speak.

The point above is one that I agree with in regards to his "union." They are the weakest in the US. It has nothing to do with his salary. His salary isn't based on his responses to reporter's questions. It's based on his play as an RB. Whether he is a millionaire, billionaire or on welfare it doesn't change the fact that it should be his choice how he responds.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

That's bull ****, man. These guys have one shot at making big money and when it comes to matters like this they have a take it or leave it adhesion contract. Of course they're going to sign it. If the XFL execs want to fine him for it they have the contractual right to. Just like he has the right to skip the pressers and pay the fines. If they had any decency they'd have a modicum of compassion for a guy who isn't comfortable in front of the cameras and give him a break. But they don't have any compassion. All that "no more" bull **** is just a marketing ploy to appease the brain dead dip ***** who think social engineering is the league's responsibility. They don't give a !@#$ about the players, and this (just like the 18 game season Goodell so badly wants) is just another example of that.

That's probably because you completely misunderstood what I was saying. I don't think anyone else read that as "Talking to the media is being all about the game."

What is your beef with him then? He plays hard and he answers the press's silly questions. Why should he have to go to Canada?

The point is that there are a lot of fans that like hearing players talk. That's why the league makes them do it. It's an entertainment company and the players are the entertainment. I'm not going to feel bad for a guy making millions of dollars for having to talk so fans can hear him. If he doesn't want to do it he can go play in the CFL. Why doesn't he? Because he's being payed millions of dollars to play football AND give interviews.

The point is that there are a lot of fans that like hearing players talk. That's why the league makes them do it. It's an entertainment company and the players are the entertainment. I'm not going to feel bad for a guy making millions of dollars for having to talk so fans can hear him. If he doesn't want to do it he can go play in the CFL. Why doesn't he? Because he's being payed millions of dollars to play football AND give interviews.

He's not getting paid to give interviews any more than he is to do community appearances. He's being paid to play football.

Are you okay with him answering "yeah" to every question asked? It would seem that you would be because he is meeting his contractual obligation.

Not necessarily. In fact, that's a pretty concrete line of thinking. A more mature approach would be to discuss your differences and come to a resolution that satisfies both parties. It happens every day in the work place. And maybe what you saw today was a result of such conflict resolution.

What job do you have that allows that, this isn't politics.

He's not getting paid to give interviews any more than he is to do community appearances. He's being paid to play football.

Are you okay with him answering "yeah" to every question asked? It would seem that you would be because he is meeting his contractual obligation.

Players are paid to do whatever it is their contract says they need to do. That certainly isn't just playing football. And no, answering 'yeah' to every question is dumb. He's just trying to circumvent the rules. The NFL requires the players to do interviews for the FANS. He should either give the fans what they want, pay his fines, or go play somewhere else where he doesn't have to give interviews.

OK.

Well, now you're both bashing the mentally ill, and cut-and-pasting. Both classless activities, in my opinion. I am sorry to say, that this thread has caused me to lose more respect for you, than for Marshawn Lynch. And, while I'm sure you could not care less, I still will submit that your mission has not been accomplished.

I didn't say he has ODD I just said it is a disorder, I said he he rebellious which made me think of ODD. Until he is classified or comes out and says he has a problem he is just a punk.

and everybody copies and pastes what are you talking about? Should we hand type all the info?

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Doesn't that seem kinda gay to have a football league where everyone has to be both a football player and a spokesman? Kind of like a band where being an extremely talented musician won't land you the gig unless you've got nice hair, a great smile, and can dance to choreographed numbers.

I remember a league that wanted to have player interaction be a bigger part of the entertainment experience. It was called the XFL. And it sucked.

Bottom line, I know some people get off on watching men they idolize recite canned lines, but I for one, and I assume many others share this sentiment, want to watch the best football players in the world compete against each other. Not the best football players who also have charisma and stage presence. And not the best players who don't smoke weed or or toot rails off of strippers asses for that matter. I want to watch the best players. I don't give a !@#$ what they have to say. Most of them are dumb as **** anyway.

Edit: BTW, don't read this as an attack on you. Your post just provided the best set-up for my rant.

Edited by Rob's House

Players are paid to do whatever it is their contract says they need to do. That certainly isn't just playing football. And no, answering 'yeah' to every question is dumb. He's just trying to circumvent the rules. The NFL requires the players to do interviews for the FANS. He should either give the fans what they want, pay his fines, or go play somewhere else where he doesn't have to give interviews.

I'm a fan and I'd be perfectly happy leaving it up to the players if they want to participate in media sessions or not. You're not going to convince me that the FANS give a crap about a guy standing up there and spouting off a bunch of cliches.