I hate Marshawn Lynch

I assure you IF every media person boycotted Marshawn he would be singing like a canary. He loves the attention. His act is his way to exert some type of control he believes. Just a hunch, but I think the less attention Marshawn was shown the more his antics would increase.

It would be a funny social experiment.

Sounds like a toddler to me, lots of parents have had a go around with this type of behavior. If it bothers him so much he shouldn't play or just pay the fine. The media is part of the NFL and one of the reasons for all the money he gets paid.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of the guy but I without question LOVE this act. I hate the media's belief it's entitled to both access and to answers from anyone and everyone, especially when it pertains to sports. Media was initially founded to be the eyes, ears, and voice of the people to ensure the govt was open, responsive, and accountable. If a politician played this charade, it'd be aggravated because ostensibly the media is there on my behalf and I want answers for how my govt is run and money spend. Sports, we as fans aren't owed jack squat. I don't care if anyone talks, ever.

He talked here and used to talk there, some Writer "twisted" his his words and now he's mad, BooHoo, grow up F---ing punk

It's much closer to a Ricky Williams situation than to a guy just being a jerk. I know some people that have dealt with him on the day to day and he is a really genuine guy. He is not comfortable in this environment.

Yeah this dude totally sounds like he has an anxiety disorder and he's not just being a dick:

http://thebiglead.com/2015/01/27/marshawn-lynch-at-media-day-im-here-so-i-wont-get-fined/

They make him do that. He would much rather play football. If the NFLPA wasn't so incredibly weak they would allow this guy with a social anxiety disorder the chance to avoid the media. Instead they got trampled by the owners (not surprising).

The purpose of media obligation was so that they could promote the sport. Newspaper columnists wanted to give the fans the inside scoop. Those days are so far gone that it is ridiculous that it still exists.

During the annual Super Bowl media day, Lynch answered every question with some variation of "I'm here so I won't get fined." He occasionally changed the delivery but stuck to his script.

Lynch stayed at his designated podium for 4 minutes, 51 seconds -- over an hour less than all his teammates and coaches -- and was asked 29 questions. At the 4:51 mark, he said "time," stood up and walked away from the microphone.

Lynch had been threatened with a $500,000 fine by the NFL if he failed to make himself available on media day, a league source told ESPN's Ed Werder.

An NFL Players Association executive monitored Lynch's appearance Tuesday. About 200 reporters crowded around Lynch's podium for at least 15 minutes before he arrived.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12237417/marshawn-lynch-seattle-seahawks-uses-same-answer-repetition-super-bowl-media-day-here-get-fined

I like the honesty, and truthfully is there anything ever gained by these interviews? Sports interviews are the worst, nothing is every said. It reminds me of the scene from Bull Durham,

Every time an athlete answers outside of these cliches he is either a "jerk", "loudmouth" or "talks to much".

Just saying, "I'm just here so I wont get fined" Guy is a Deuche Bag. I don't care what his reasons are for not talking to to media just answer the questions. I think they should fine him for insubordination just to piss him off and any other losers that agree with him.

First of all, Lynch is an Irish surname...

Second, why should he answer these completely inane questions posed by these sports "reporters". They are the same stupid questions asked every week, over and over. Why do they bother asking any player these inanities? They get the same cliched responses. It's a silly game they are forced to play every week. We learn absolutely nothing from these encounters ("we tried our best and came up short", it's a great win, but it was a team win, not just me", "they made better adjustments then we did", "we will have to work harder this week and come out next Sunday playing harder").

Maybe if they could screen the whole room of press before these snooze-fests started: "does any one of you have anything at all that is unique or interesting to ask anyone we are going to bring up to the podium in a few minutes?" It would save a lot of spilled ink and a lot of money for players who have no interesting answers to stupid questions.

They make him do that. He would much rather play football. If the NFLPA wasn't so incredibly weak they would allow this guy with a social anxiety disorder the chance to avoid the media. Instead they got trampled by the owners (not surprising).

The purpose of media obligation was so that they could promote the sport. Newspaper columnists wanted to give the fans the inside scoop. Those days are so far gone that it is ridiculous that it still exists.

Unfortunately it is so far gone thousands of fans were paying $28.50 a piece to be there.

First of all, Lynch is an Irish surname...

Second, why should he answer these completely inane questions posed by these sports "reporters". They are the same stupid questions asked every week, over and over. Why do they bother asking any player these inanities? They get the same cliched responses. It's a silly game they are forced to play every week. We learn absolutely nothing from these encounters ("we tried our best and came up short", it's a great win, but it was a team win, not just me", "they made better adjustments then we did", "we will have to work harder this week and come out next Sunday playing harder").

Maybe if they could screen the whole room of press before these snooze-fests started: "does any one of you have anything at all that is unique or interesting to ask anyone we are going to bring up to the podium in a few minutes?" It would save a lot of spilled ink and a lot of money for players who have no interesting answers to stupid questions.

Probably because he's contractually obligated to.