I hate Marshawn Lynch

Players are paid to do whatever it is their contract says they need to do. That certainly isn't just playing football. And no, answering 'yeah' to every question is dumb. He's just trying to circumvent the rules. The NFL requires the players to do interviews for the FANS. He should either give the fans what they want, pay his fines, or go play somewhere else where he doesn't have to give interviews.

They are hired to play football. No one is going to base their hiring decision on how a player responds to the media or how many community appearances that they do. They are not paid based on those requirements. It is just something that they have to do. Just like at your job you may be asked to go to run to the store for something. That isn't what you are paid to do but it is a part of the job. I sell insurance and sometimes I have to attend meetings with underwriters. That isn't what I am paid to do but it is a part of the job.

What about when Belicheck says, "we are on to Denver" 100 times? What is acceptable? Clearly you can't steer what they are saying or it loses its authenticity. It's a dumb rule that will most likely be gone soon anyways. The hypocrisy of the players needing to speak while owners and the commish do not is being exposed.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marshawn doesn't work in the office, he is a worker on the shop floor

Marshawn has enough value that he doesn't have to fetch the bosses coffee. He can tell the boss to suck it. If the boss decides to fire him he'll have a lot easier time finding another boss than the boss will have finding another him.

That's just the way it is. We may not care if players do interviews or not but plenty of fans like hearing what players have to say. I know I always listen to Bills player interviews when I can. I'm sure plenty of Seahawks fans would like to hear what Lynch has to really say.

And, Marshawn Lynch doesn't have a lot to say. Why you have such a problem with this is just weird. But, there are plenty of fans-- Marshawn Lynch fans, btw-- who LOVE the fact that he has little to say, and plenty to show. Personally, this makes me a Marshawn Lynch fan.

Why can't you accept this inconsequential difference in style?

Edited by Rocky Landing

Marshawn has enough value that he doesn't have to fetch the bosses coffee. He can tell the boss to suck it. If the boss decides to fire him he'll have a lot easier time finding another boss than the boss will have finding another him.

No he can't, The NFL doesn't need him.

I think the only reason they want him to do this is for ratings and to make him obey wheather he likes it or not, like disciplining your kids by making them do something they don't want to.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Just saying, "I'm just here so I wont get fined" Guy is a Deuche Bag. I don't care what his reasons are for not talking to to media just answer the questions. I think they should fine him for insubordination just to piss him off and any other losers that agree with him.

Only opinion that matters is the 53 that he goes to battle with on game day, his coaches and the Seattle fan base = they love him & Beastmode! All the rest is shiny bubbles...

Media darling & Bullsquatter, he is not...All the players in the league that want the media attention & false fan-fare love this day...interview them. He just wants to play for his teammate, win games (like he has) and not be objectified! I see nothing wrong...turn-about is fair play, IMO.

On the other hand, the NFL may be loving all the drama because it grabs peoples' attention. I bet they already raised the price for a company to have their logo behind lynch during press conferences. Because as Americans we're so smart we'll tune in in bigger numbers to watch a guy say the same thing over and over again.

The NFL doesn't give a crap about Lynch. Anyone that thinks the league cares how good of a football player he is is misguided. His talent can be replaced easily. The league cares infinitely more about public relations and advertising money.

Bingo

You're both just spinning your wheels at this point. The league is more than happy with the weirdness that comes out of Lynch's mouth. And, the idea that his talent is so pedestrian s just silly. His talent is what makes him a valuable commodity. Believe me, the league cares about that.

The NFL doesn't give a crap about Lynch. Anyone that thinks the league cares how good of a football player he is is misguided. His talent can be replaced easily. The league cares infinitely more about public relations and advertising money.

I agree that the NFL doesn't care about him or any player for that matter. However there are 32 GMs, HCs and other FO people whose jobs depends solely on wins and losses. Those are the people that Rob's House is referring to. If Seattle cut ties with Marshawn there would be a line of suitors (ironically I think that NE may be at the front of that line). He is dealing from a position of strength because of his talent.

For the same reason Ray Rice will have a hard time getting back into the league. He appeared to hit a wall a year before hitting his fiancé. Peterson on the other hand will have no issues as he is still an incredibly productive player. Your talent determines how much slack you are cut. Do you think of Lee Smith had the same offseason as Dareus he would have made the roster? Of course not

The NFL is the boss of the entire league. They make the rules. I'm not sure how you could not see that.

If the NFL banned Marshawn Lynch from the league tomorrow, he'd be it of a job regardless of what the Seahawks want.

Except even his weak union would protect him from that. The collective bargaining agreement lays out the grounds for banishment. The commissioner is free to determine punishments but will always tread carefully to avoid the reprecussions.

The NFL is the boss of the entire league. They make the rules. I'm not sure how you could not see that.

If the NFL banned Marshawn Lynch from the league tomorrow, he'd be it of a job regardless of what the Seahawks want.

When someone refers to your boss that's generally your employer. If you're a lawyer at a firm the state bar is not your employer. However, if they revoke your license and ban you from practicing you are also out of a job regardless of whether the firm wants to keep you.