I hate Marshawn Lynch

Of course I do. And obviously so does the NFL or they wouldn't require players to talk to the media.

Then sit back and enjoy what Lynch is giving you. What is the most interesting thing Frddy or Kyle Williams has ever said in a locker room post game interview?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forcing players in front of the media is pretty dumb. Let's be honest, do we really think Marshawn has anything insightful to say? Marshawn sure doesn't think so. I would think the NFL would see it as beneficial that a guy like Marshawn doesn't speak in public.

I don't know why anyone cares about his act, or why reporters continue to ask him questions. I know I don't care whether he talks or doesn't talk. It's stupid the nfl makes him talk. The whole thing is boring.

I think it's funny that an attempt to remove himself from any kind of attention, has worked reporters and self-important fans into a frenzy.

On a side note, I love when he does break down and gives an interview. A few shout outs to charity, than a bunch of Yeps.

Then sit back and enjoy what Lynch is giving you. What is the most interesting thing Frddy or Kyle Williams has ever said in a locker room post game interview?

I don't care what players of other teams do or say in interviews so I don't care what Lynch says. I just think he's being dumb.

Freddy and Kyle have said plenty of interesting stuff during interviews.

Lynch is like the arrogant douchebag salesman that skips company meetings, makes inappropriate comments, and fails to turn in proper paperwork but blows away his sales quota. A company tolerates the crap and does their best to force him to do things by the book, but ultimately the production and revenue trumps the douchebaggery.

Lynch is like the arrogant douchebag salesman that skips company meetings, makes inappropriate comments, and fails to turn in proper paperwork but blows away his sales quota. A company tolerates the crap and does their best to force him to do things by the book, but ultimately the production and revenue trumps the douchebaggery.

or maybe he works for a company that values results more than paperwork.

Employers don't "tolerate" their best salesman, they facilitate them.

I've also been lucky enough to work for company's that value results more than the process.

You also seem to have a work enemy in mind because I don't think Lynch has missed meetings, said ANYTHING or is required to do paperwork.

Now if you feel he is a liability to his job for his out of work stuff (witch I feel press conferences are) than sure hate on the guy.

Edited by JaxBills

Marshawn Lynch is a dimwit and I doubt he'd have anything interesting to say anyway. But if you take it to the extreme, imagine if no player ever talked to the media because they didn't have to. 90% of the interesting content the NFL puts out during the season would be gone. I don't know about anyone else but I'd rather listen to a player interview or coach press conference than read the lame generic articles the NFL writes about what's going on in the league.

Are you really asking me to give specific lines from interviews that players did over the 5+ years they've been here?

You said that they give interesting stuff after the games. You can't remember any of it. That is kind of Weo's point. It isn't that good or important and almost always cliché. The most memorable postgame comments of the last decade came when Stevie Johnson blamed God on twitter for the drop. The controversial stuff is the only content of substance. How many times do we need to hear someone say, "we've got to get back to work" or "we've got to put this one behind us" or "we fought hard" or "turnovers killed us" or whatever. I don't need to hear any of that from players; I watched the game!! The only things worthwhile are the things that border or cross the line of appropriateness (think Sherman calling out Crabtree).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Just saying, "I'm just here so I wont get fined" Guy is a Deuche Bag. I don't care what his reasons are for not talking to to media just answer the questions. I think they should fine him for insubordination just to piss him off and any other losers that agree with him.

Edit: I don't hate him just for this but for all the other BS that lead up to this, this is just more of the same. When he took that 20 from those women (two different occassions) I was done with him.

The whole media thing is a farce. I don't think the players should be forced to be there. And if they fine him for not answering questions what's next? Fine players and coaches for not answering questions to the media's satisfaction? Will we need to have Media Sesson Referees who vote on whether or not a question got answered to league standards? :sick: Actually, come to think of it, I could "Get Off" on Belechick being fined for his "On to Cincinatti, Next....On to Cincinatti, Next....I don't have anything to say about that, we're thinking about Cincinatti now..." schtick.

I wouldn't mind if they pissed Lynch off with a fine, though. The more pissed he is, the better he plays and I so don't want NE* to win this.

Edited by Hopeful

Are you really asking me to give specific lines from interviews that players did over the 5+ years they've been here?

You've painted yourself into a corner with this goofy tirade/crusade.

I used to think that Lynch was a bonehead when he was here, but I think what he's doing with the press is brilliant satire. It is amazing how they all (200) showed up 15 minutes early and were so eager to ask him questions that they knew for certain he will not answer. If they had any pride, they would skip Lynch and move on to some more friendly cliche spitter. Yet they keep asking questions! They are so craven...

You said that they give interesting stuff after the games. You can't remember any of it. That is kind of Weo's point. It isn't that good or important and almost always cliché. The most memorable postgame comments of the last decade came when Stevie Johnson blamed God on twitter for the drop. The controversial stuff is the only content of substance. How many times do we need to hear someone say, "we've got to get back to work" or "we've got to put this one behind us" or "we fought hard" or "turnovers killed us" or whatever. I don't need to hear any of that from players; I watched the game!! The only things worthwhile are the things that border or cross the line of appropriateness (think Sherman calling out Crabtree).

What you're asking for is ridiculous. I've found plenty of the post-game stuff that Fred and Kyle say interesting. Sorry if I don't have specific lines about a specific game. You may think all that dumb drama and controversy is the only interesting content players give, but I much prefer when they talk about football.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

Little children throwing temper tantrums should be spanked and sent to bed early. No staying up for the Superbowl for them.

If you are refering to posters complaining about this Lynch non-issue, I agree.

Edited by Mr. WEO

or maybe he works for a company that values results more than paperwork.

Employers don't "tolerate" their best salesman, they facilitate them.

I've also been lucky enough to work for company's that value results more than the process.

You also seem to have a work enemy in mind because I don't think Lynch has missed meetings, said ANYTHING or is required to do paperwork.

Now if you feel he is a liability to his job for his out of work stuff (witch I feel press conferences are) than sure hate on the guy.

Maybe it's just me, but most companies that I have worked for would prefer a professional and courteous employee that follows protocol in addition to being a productive money maker. They value results and professionalism but if they are forced to choose, they will choose the revenue production obviously. Not all great players or salesmen are obnoxious jackasses about the ancillary responsibilities that come with their main responsibility.

( I have no "work enemy" in mind, but I have certainly witnessed hot shot salesmen that felt they were above the rules of the company as most people in a sales environment would encounter at some point)

Plenty of great players have no problem conducting the interviews and staying out of trouble. And you obviously failed to understand the analogy of a salesman missing meetings and disregarding paperwork to Lynch refusing to conduct proper interviews and follow NFL regulations. Lynch refuses to toe the line and be a good all around employee and only gets away with it because he is a great producer. I am not naïve to the fact that on field production trumps everything in the NFL.

Edited by chknwing334

i just feel sorry for the guy. born with great strength and quickness but a low IQ and no social skills.

the media and nfl should just leave him alone on these interviews. the fact that they keep showing it on TV is the perfect embodiment of todays media: content is meaningless, what gets the most clicks and views is top priority. pathetic.

i just feel sorry for the guy. born with great strength and quickness but a low IQ and no social skills.

the media and nfl should just leave him alone on these interviews. the fact that they keep showing it on TV is the perfect embodiment of todays media: content is meaningless, what gets the most clicks and views is top priority. pathetic.

They aren't asking him to solve math problems or give elaborate speeches. There are lots of manual labor jobs that he could excel at with his great strength and quickness that don't require making yourself available to the media for a few minutes a week. The guy felt comfortable enough speaking on camera to appear in an episode of The League.