New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ban them from the Super Bowl. This is to the absurd level now with this team. Spygate and now this. Who knows what they have done that they have not been caught doing. 2 year post season ban, and Colts to SB.

The Patriots surely just cheated these two times (the first one being an 8-year period) and absolutely no other times, HATERS.

Really should have been the Baltimore - Colts matchup for the AFCCG

Absolutely . Half the team eligible . What a shame

@BruceFeldmanCFB: Patriots>RT @DanWetzel: That's 16% under inflated. A LB for the Colts, who rarely touches the ball, notices. But not the refs? Strange story

Wtf right?

Don't forget huge advantage to rb holding onto ball with confidence . What was turnover margin or dropped pass differential

@JasonLaCanfora: There appeared to be less air in some kicking balls which may have had an impact on the depth of punts and kickoffs in AFC Divisional game

Don't teams bring their own kicking balls too?

I know those are now watched like a hawk because Jerry said that Seattle snuck in a slick ball in the famous Tony Romo game in Seatlle (which I was at). Jerry got that rule passed the following year.

So riddle me this, Batman...

The NFL has changed about 12 rules over the last ten years or so to increase offense, and make the game more exciting, and easier to pass, and harder to defend the pass, and yada yada yada.

This week we find out it's a lot easier to pass and catch a football when it is slightly deflated.

HEY, NFL! I got a great idea! Keep the rules the same and DEFLATE THE FRIGGIN'FOOTBALL two pounds!

The Pats. What else can be said. A franchise synonymous with cheating. A team who has yet to win a Super Bowl that wasn't under a cloud of suspicion. The snake oil salesmen of the NFl.

Bill Belicheat and the New England Deflatriots

Edited by dubs

So riddle me this, Batman...

The NFL has changed about 12 rules over the last ten years or so to increase offense, and make the game more exciting, and easier to pass, and harder to defend the pass, and yada yada yada.

This week we find out it's a lot easier to pass and catch a football when it is slightly deflated.

HEY, NFL! I got a great idea! Keep the rules the same and DEFLATE THE FRIGGIN'FOOTBALL two pounds!

Easier to pass and catch in wet conditions thought Kelly. Not necessarily in dry.

You'd think less air in a football would actually be detrimental to throwing it far in normal conditions.

Easier to pass and catch in wet conditions thought Kelly. Not necessarily in dry.

You'd think less air in a football would actually be detrimental to throwing it far in normal conditions.

What I have been reading, although I'm not sure of it, is that it helps usually and more when it's wet. I was kinda kidding, but why wouldn't they just let teams use the balls as inflated as they want, as long as they don't doctor them. Granted this is in the future, not retrospect. They cheated. If I'm wrong I will apologize and say I did them wrong. But they cheated. It's clear already.

I don't think it stopped the Colts from winning however. I don't think they needed it to win. But that's not the point. A card cheat is a card cheat regardless of his talent at cards.

I don't think it stopped the Colts from winning however. I don't think they needed it to win. But that's not the point. A card cheat is a card cheat regardless of his talent at cards.

Nixon was gonna wax the floor with McGovern whether or not he bugged the DNC.

What I have been reading, although I'm not sure of it, is that it helps usually and more when it's wet. I was kinda kidding, but why wouldn't they just let teams use the balls as inflated as they want, as long as they don't doctor them. Granted this is in the future, not retrospect. They cheated. If I'm wrong I will apologize and say I did them wrong. But they cheated. It's clear already.

It's clearly a principle thing, and even had they lost, I'd want them punished.

I have two questions:

1 - They found 11 of 12 Patriots' balls deflated. Did they check the Colts' balls, also, just to be sure it wasn't a weather thing?

2 - I keep seeing Bob Kravitz exposed this? How is that? I thought the Colts looked into it as soon as they got the INT and saw it was deflated?

This is big for one reason and because , it will be hard to make it stick .

I don't know how to post links so maybe I could get some help .. I would never believe hall of this crsp because I don't car that much to check all of this out but for some reason I did . Ran into risenburg SI article after clicking on a patriots radio show of two idiots sucking Brady off and other difficult to listen to stulff. They kept complaining about this article and then I realized as sifted thru one paid patriot apologist after another that this much bigger than I thought . I hat sensational crap and I apologize for some seeming exaggeration but ... Well just check it out for yourself .. I can't copy paste on phone but maybe yolo eould help if made a description of how I came to the she to see the massive kraft influence maybe .. Maybe why we have been screwed more than most teams by the patriot empire . I don't think I should do this because is already hate them and I sound like rosenburg but anyway ..

Pathetic whining.

Anyway, why is everyone so quick to say Belichick is behind this? Or that the whole effing organization was somehow behind this dastardly crime? It's more likely Brady that wanted the balls to his own specs.

"Let's strip the Hasek led Red Wings of the Cup, because his pads were an inch too wide. It's the only fair thing to do"

"Let's disqualify the Yankees, cuz when we went back and watched the tape, Jeter's bat had too much pine tar!"...

"Let's give Buffalo the Super Bowl, because Mark Ingram's socks weren't regulation!"

If we are gonna find something wrong every step, and want every thing to be accounted for, let's drug test EVERY player after every game, and disqualify , or even give losses to both teams is anyone fails...that would be great for the NFL.

I wonder how Bruce Smith would have felt about that....

Edited by HoF Watkins

Pathetic whining.

Anyway, why is everyone so quick to say Belichick is behind this? Or that the whole effing organization was somehow behind this dastardly crime? It's more likely Brady that wanted the balls to his own specs.

"Let's strip the Hasek led Red Wings of the Cup, because his pads were an inch too wide. It's the only fair thing to do"

"Let's disqualify the Yankees, cuz when we went back and watched the tape, Jeter's bat had too much pine tar!"...

"Let's give Buffalo the Super Bowl, because Mark Ingram's socks weren't regulation!"

If we are gonna find something wrong every step, and want every thing to be accounted for, let's drug test EVERY player after every game, and disqualify , or even give losses to both teams is anyone fails...that would be great for the NFL.

I wonder how Bruce Smith would have felt about that....

Ha, I am a die hard Bills fan, and hate the Pats. I don't like ANY other NFL team. I don't even like fans here showing concern for their "2nd team".

THERE IS NO 2ND TEAM!!

I was one of the few that argued the non-call on Gronkowski against the Panthers was the RIGHT call. And took all kinds of abuse. I loathe them!

But to see petty whining from Bills fans, about a superior team (nay, superior ORGANIZATION) nauseates me.

So basically, if the game was close are these fans that don't think it's a big deal still don't have a problem? But because it was a blow out and they didn't really need to cheat, fans are "pathetic whinning"? Do I have that correct? What about if it was the Bills playing, does it matter then?

So basically, if the game was close are these fans that don't think it's a big deal still don't have a problem? But because it was a blow out and they didn't really need to cheat, fans are "pathetic whinning"? Do I have that correct? What about if it was the Bills playing, does it matter then?

Wayne, I was one on Monday morning said "much ado about nothing" , but am starting to change my mind.

And your right, it should not matter that the game was close or not close, or that the infraction was "minor". It is a clear intent to skirt the rules. And if this 11 of 12 is proved to be correct, it is a clear indication intentional.

In terms of penalty, I really am not that concerned. This just sucks for their fans. I don't care what any of them say, they know deep down now that maybe this whole run was based on cheating. Every time they stick their chest out say how great that team is, every other fan will just say all based in cheating, and deep down the Pats fan will now know that is correct.

No penalty they can inflict on the team or Belicheck can be worse than that.....Belicheck or Brady has now ruined every Pats fan enjoyment, and he has permanently tarnished his reputation the last two weeks....again if this found to be true.

I have Very good friends who are Pats fans, and I actually will feel sorry for them if this is true.

Edit. Just got first text from a Pats fan, he is really pissed about this. He is stuck between a rock and hard place now....he is a die hard Pats fan...this is worse for him than any loss of draft picks etc

Edited by plenzmd1

Check out:

Eric Mangini regrets turning in patriots ..."

Best lines of a man who lost his cheating buddies

He never believed any if the patriot titles were tainted because there was no real advantage in taping ( paraphrase). But ,

" I didn't think it was a significant advantage but ( I ratted em out) there was no way I was going to give them the convenience of doing it in our stadium " Wtf

Still delusional after all these years .

If you're a Bills Fan (Which I doubt considering your professed Man-Love for little billy and tommy foulmouth) then why wouldn't you laugh at the Cheatriots*** fans running in circles and shouting to the high heavens: "Ëverybody Does It" "You just hate us because we win so much" and my all time favorite "But team x did y."

It's hilarious! It's Fun! and best of all it's got the obnoxious Cheatriot*** Fans Panties in a Gordian knot!

They cheated, AGAIN!

Proof? I don't need no stinking PROOF! They're the Cheatriots***!!

Wow you better think about something else. I can hear you stomping your feet and spiting way over here.

You can move the boy away from Kirby St but you can't take Kirby St away from the boy.

What you're hearing is laughter, the sound of me enjoying the show as Cheatriot*** Fans blather and rage impotently over this latest controversy.

Sorry, Little Bear, but no foot stamping and no spite here, just laughter and merriment.