bills could play opening Thursday night in Foxborough?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pittsburgh makes the most sense. Rex Ryan storyline is meh outside of NY, Buffalo, or New England. Steelers have a large national following that will be a bigger draw for the kickoff.

Hopefully this is all theoretical talk and the Patriots* lose the Super Bowl. Which puts Seattle in the kickoff game. Looking at Seattle's 2015 opponents, Pittsburgh again jumps to the top of the list along with a playoff rematch with the Panthers. San Fran is also a possibility but that rivalry has diminished after SF's lackluster 2014 and the exit of Harbaugh.

I remember a time when the SB champs had to open their season on the road,

against a tough opponent. I specifically recall Dallas coming to Buffalo after

we lost one year to them in the SB. We beat them too.

They should make it tougher to repeat.

I remember a time when the SB champs had to open their season on the road,

against a tough opponent. I specifically recall Dallas coming to Buffalo after

we lost one year to them in the SB. We beat them too.

They should make it tougher to repeat.

Incorrect. The Bills traveled to Dallas in Week 2 and beat the 'Boys, who were sans a still-holding-out Emmitt Schmiff.

Checked schedule, if Patriots win superbowl only three games make sense for prime time season opener. Pittsburgh, Philly or Rex Ryan and the Bills. Pittsburgh makes most sense...but the Bills are definitely on the table with hiring of Rex.

if any team it would be against the JETS

the SB competitors are usually stacked up against former competitors IIRC

Checked schedule, if Patriots win superbowl only three games make sense for prime time season opener. Pittsburgh, Philly or Rex Ryan and the Bills. Pittsburgh makes most sense...but the Bills are definitely on the table with hiring of Rex.

I'd rather see Seattle vs Arizona

Not going to happen.

The league isn't going to put us in a premier game until we earn it. Look at last year's Thanksgiving game, they put Packers-Lions on CBS when everything lined up that it should be the Bills or Dolphins.

We might get an actual Monday night game this year instead of just a garbage Thursday night game to fulfill the "every team gets a primetime game" rule, but we are not getting the first game of the year.

Memo to the "nobody cares about Buffalo" crowd -- the Rex Ryan hiring made the Bills a national draw.

i think it puts us in the discussion, but like 3rd or 4th, not the first choice. definitely possible that a bills pats game goes primetime, but unlikely for the season kickoff.

i think it puts us in the discussion, but like 3rd or 4th, not the first choice. definitely possible that a bills pats game goes primetime, but unlikely for the season kickoff.

My comment was intended not so much for opening Thursday, but for the schedule makers in general. I expect a minimum of two primetime games (including one at home) for the Bills next season.

As a season ticket holder, I hate the prime time games......screws up all sorts of things........lots of love on this board for those games, but if you have to go out and sit in the stands on a late November night when its 15F out, you hate it. Bills were on thursday night a couple of years ago in Nov, our group just skipped the game rather than sit out in the brutal conditions.