Pegulas, Rex, Whaley = Big Splashes Commeth

Mind Blowing is only from this list of (somewhat realistically) possible QB's:

Peyton Manning

Drew Brees

"Mind Blowing" in a media sense but not really:

RG3

Kaepernick

Mind blowing from the standpoint that we have fielded dog poo at the QB position for close to 2 decades:

Bradford

Cutler

Perhaps Eli, as long as we're talking about Peyton and Brees. I love that we get to have rampant speculative conversation about unfounded and extremely unlikely scenarios. El Pegual has me jazzed up.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think for the first time ever we will see the Bills extend existing contracts to make more money available now.The cash to cap BS days are over and we will stretch current deals with bonus money spread over more years.

Most teams use cash to cap and Bills haven't had cap problems or paying players they have wanted to keep.

I really don't think we should push ol Roi for too much info. He is obviously connected somehow, and I fear he will get the " zip it " order if he reveals too much. I for one am happy trying to figure out his riddles. He was spot on about Rex, and Roman. Even before the second interview. If he can just give us a tidbit here and there, and keep us guessing that would be great. Long live King LeRoi!

post-10028-0-30323900-1421244645_thumb.jpg

Leroi says "Big splash in the works" which seems to mean soon, so I'm thinking it must be a trade.

Can't imagine that a coach (below coordinator level) would be considered a big splash. FA is too far away still. Must be a trade.

While we are over-analyzing his words, "A few things have to go right for the puzzle to come together." Could mean if a particular team loses this weekend, that QB will become available for trade. Only one out of the 4 that could even remotely be available is Brady. Ergo - we will trade for Brady.

While we are over-analyzing his words, "A few things have to go right for the puzzle to come together." Could mean if a particular team loses this weekend, that QB will become available for trade. Only one out of the 4 that could even remotely be available is Brady. Ergo - we will trade for Brady.

Nice...good thoughts.

Although, I could not ever see NE letting their best player in franchise history go to a divisional rival so the Bills can "win now".

• 1 month later...

I think the team will be active in free agency. Hughes resigning is 50/50 but I do think they will pick up another guard at a more than modest price. I also think they could make a couple of other mid level moves mostly on offense. Either way it should continue to be an interesting off-season.

Number one on my list. I'd put Cameron up there (in the TE category) as well as Clay.

If you have Manning throwing to you, you're gonna take a step down with EJ throwing to you...

Plus according to some reports, Manning is lobbying the Broncos to get Thomas back.

I like Cameron the best b/c his QB situation has been poor and he has a low drop rate, which could help EJ out. Also re: his injury situation, we have a decent enough TE right now. Chandler might be a borderline/mediocre starter, but he is a great backup.

Having the same thoughts here. Leroi is credible 'cuz of Rex and Roman does the credibility suffer if "big splash" turns into McCown and Locker?

No disrespect to Leroi, but his credibility took a hit with me when he suggested EJ will be cut even before OTAs. Just doesn't make sense at all, unless (as Kelly noted up-thread) Whaley has completely soured on EJ as a prospect.

No disrespect to Leroi, but his credibility took a hit with me when he suggested EJ will be cut even before OTAs. Just doesn't make sense at all, unless (as Kelly noted up-thread) Whaley has completely soured on EJ as a prospect.

He said that was his opinion. Not that it was from any insider info.

He said that was his opinion. Not that it was from any insider info.

i don't know if it is just hi opinion. First, "IMO" is his signature and is at the bottom of every post. Second, he said the same thing about a month ago and when I asked if it was just his opinion he did not answer (that I'm aware of). Third, it was provided along with info that he appeared to indicate was real (that mccown was friends with roman and the deal was getting done his morning before noon).