Trade Bryce Brown & make a run for FA Mark Ingram.

Tipster19

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall him being able to block, am I wrong?

For me, the #1 priority in RB is can he blokc. Screw being able to hit the hole get YAC yards and pick up tough first downs.

If he cant block once every 3 plays I don't want him.

If Adrian Peterson cant block, I wouldnt want him either.

I actually prefer Greg Roman bringing Frank Gore with him. Gore is old, but that also means he's relatively cheap. Let Spiller go, keep Gore, Fred, Bryce. That's not great but it allows them to spend on other needs, and Gore and Fred provide injury protection for each other. Add in Dixon and RB becomes a solid if unspectacular position for us, maybe better if Roman finds ways to get Bryce the ball in space.

No one is hating on him; he's fine, but the Bills could get the same level of production out of a street free agent RB. It happens every year with multiple teams around the league.

1) Multiple posters tried to tell me before the season he was better than Spiller. He isn't.

2) Rbs are so easy to find. There will be another Brown in the draft in the 4th or later in every draft.

I actually prefer Greg Roman bringing Frank Gore with him. Gore is old, but that also means he's relatively cheap. Let Spiller go, keep Gore, Fred, Bryce. That's not great but it allows them to spend on other needs, and Gore and Fred provide injury protection for each other. Add in Dixon and RB becomes a solid if unspectacular position for us, maybe better if Roman finds ways to get Bryce the ball in space.

Gore is done, he should retire. I'll be furious if he ends up on the Bills. We already have our own version of the old vet, and he's much better than Gore at this point.

What are you going to get for Brown? a 7th? You paid a 4th. That is buying high and selling low. Bad business.

Just keep him and let him play and see if he can do what he was brought here to do.

I agree. He has zero trade value.

If Bryce Brown gets 1,200 - 1,400 yds this year. is it still a stupid trade?

Not totally. But the guy averaged like 3.7 ypc this year and besides like 2 games, what has he proven? It's funny that people are so down on Spiller, who has had great stretches, yet make excuses for Brown.

I'd love for him to prove me wrong but it is more hype than substance at this point.

So can guys like Brown. Most rbs can. I love the job Whaley has done but the Brown move was a bad one. He has no trade value.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the move either. In order for it to pan out Brown pretty much needs to be the starter this year and get the majority of the carries.

They need to bring in a body at RB (either a mid round pick or re-sign Spiller)but what I'd most like to see are 2 new guards and a RT brought in to challenge Henderson. Basically a complete re-working of the OL. If Hughes has to be let walk to accommodate that then so be it. Do that and Brown/Jackson/Dixon/Who-ever is plenty good.

Gore finished the year with almost 300 yards in his last 2 games. Fredex is much more "done" than Gore. Gore knows Roman's system, Roman knows how to use Gore. I love the posters who always ignore money -- I realize it's not your money, but even if you want to spend Kim and Terry's money you've no doubt heard of this thing called a salary cap. Keep Jerry Hughes at whatever cost! Pay Dareus! Pay Searcy! Get 2 top free agent guards, oh, and a QB too! In a perfect world we sign DeMarco Murray, trade for Cutler, sign Hughes and Searcy and maybe Spikes .... Enough!

Gore is done, he should retire. I'll be furious if he ends up on the Bills. We already have our own version of the old vet, and he's much better than Gore at this point.

Starts missed the last 4 seasons:

Gore 1

Fred 31

Fred is 2 years older.

Last time Gore ran for 1,000 yards: 2014. And before that, 2013, 2012, 2011. In fact he's failed to hit 1,000 only twice in 10 years, his rookie season and 2010 (when he had 853)

Fred: 2009

I know we love Fred and I'd really like to keep him in some role, but this ain't even close.

That's just not true. I love Freddy as much as the next guy. but you cant let it cloud your judgement.

They money you guys are talking about spending on Ingram would be MUCH better spent on OL

We need at least one....and more then likely TWO offensive guards

2 Guards and 1 RT Tackle throw in a TE and re-sign Hughes nothing left for a RB Oh and still need a QB way too much to do before we even think about a RB

2 Guards and 1 RT Tackle throw in a TE and re-sign Hughes nothing left for a RB Oh and still need a QB way too much to do before we even think about a RB

we are allowed to field competent running backs and address other positions still. teams get to spend a whole lot of money, and backs tend to be pretty cheap for the amount of use they get (carries, pass catching, blocking and even some special teams for the depth ones)

Trade Bryce Brown and Nigel Bradham (or maybe Kiko) and our second pick for Cutler or Kapernic or one of the Mannings or an early 1st round pick for a QB.

Or

Trade Bryce Brown and Kiko plus our next years 1st and a 5th for a top 2-5 pick this year.

Edited by Iraq Vet

Trade Bryce Brown and Nigel Bradham (or maybe Kiko) and our second pick for Cutler or Kapernic or one of the Mannings or an early 1st round pick for a QB.

Or

Trade Bryce Brown and Kiko plus our next years 1st and a 5th for a top 2-5 pick this year.

Trade Bradham and/or Kiko??!!! If that were EVER happened then I would have to seriously question any further alligence to this organization and I have been a die hard for over 4 decades! These are 2 of the best things/players that has happened for us in a long, long time! Omg, I'm heaving just thinking of this idea!

As far as Gore goes I could be all in on this suggestion, especially the working relationship with Roman. Not only is Gore a champion RB but his heart is as big, if not bigger than anyone on this whole roster and that includes Fred, who I happen to admire very much.

Im not understanding the hate on bryce brown....NO RUNNING BACK ON OUR TEAM did consistantly well last year due to O line and Scheme

I personally think Bryce Brown can be a absolute monster for us....he does everything well

This! Bryce had very little playing time last year. FORGET THE FUMBLE already. Give this guy some touches, and I think he will be much more productive the Spiller (IMHO).