NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

Lol, wow. If we make it to the playoffs for the first time in 15 years (because that was clearly going to happen no mattet who the coach was [sarcasm]) you will be pissed about it because it would validate the coaching candidate you didn't support in the previous offseason?

You sir, sound like a hell of a "Buffalo guy".

Actually, yea. With the talent on this team and another year having worked together, we'd likely be in the playoffs next year with any of the twelve we interviewed. That doesn't mean they are all good hires. Edited by DisplacedBillsFan

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like Rex the personality. As a HC, I don't think he's the best choice for a team with dire need for a top offensive mind to coach it.

That's what coordinators are for. You are confusing the two roles. Kubiak is a great coordinator but he can't coach. Rex knows how to run a football team.

Displaced and Weo are making this thread an annoying place for me. I'm happy with the hire and I'm happy we actually have a HC with some swagger and personality. When is the last time we could say that? Ryan is good for FA acquisitions and if he does in fact keep Schwartz and brings in Roman, I don't see what people are whining about.

Pegulas got their first choice. They threw some money around, which we thought they would. They wanted to make a splash and we are instantly relevant again.

Obviously the idea that Whaley was pushing or shoving EJ on candidates didn't scare off the top coaching candidate in the league.

There is a lot to like about this hire and a lot to wonder if not worry about. But there is not a sure fire hire out there, and never is.

Actually, yea. With the talent on this tram and another year having worked together, we'd likely be in the playoffs next year with any of the twelve we interviewed. That doesn't mean they are all good hires.

Wait...

Are you from the FUTURE???

Wow. This is the most catty thing I've ever heard. This is the NFL. A multibillion dollar industry. Not a high school football team.

Perhaps you'd prefer the guy who just grabbed $4 million put his tail between his legs and left in the middle of the night?

Oh my fault. Yea, it's not important to relate to the fan base in any way.

I liked the Trestman rumor for OC better.

Trestman didn't get Cutler to work out very well, as his offense was very pass happy in a Mike Martz sort of way. 609 passing attempts vs 355 rushing attempts in Chicago in 2014.

Matt Forte barely broke 1k yards rushing last year, and a lousy 3.9 yard per carry average.

I'm very happy Trestman isn't the Bills new OC, as he isn't much better then Hackett IMO

That's what coordinators are for. You are confusing the two roles. Kubiak is a great coordinator but he can't coach. Rex knows how to run a football team.

Kubiak can't coach?

He went to the playoffs two years in a row and won twice with Schaub as his QB!

Pegulas got their first choice. They threw some money around, which we thought they would. They wanted to make a splash and we are instantly relevant again.

Obviously the idea that Whaley was pushing or shoving EJ on candidates didn't scare off the top coaching candidate in the league.

There is a lot to like about this hire and a lot to wonder if not worry about. But there is not a sure fire hire out there, and never is.

This is what I have been trying to say in my comments in this thread and this is a very sensible post!

Well done.

Assuming we actually hire Rex, (seems a certainty at this point), there will be a lot to discuss in detail, from many different angles.

The "franchise is relevant again" angle, and many other things, some dealing with Xs and Os, others not.

Should be fun for a while.