NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woke up late this morning on the West Coast, poured myself a cup of coffee, opened my computer, and this!!! Am I the only one who didn't see this coming at all???

I hope the Pegulas give Schwarz a big, fat raise, and tell Ryan to mostly stay out of his way.

I suspect that Rex's success here will largely hinge on who we get as OC, and whichever backup QB takes over from EJ way too late in the season.

This should make the EJ fans happy, considering how long Rex will stick with a struggling QB.

Why would you hire a defensive minded HC then tell him that?

A lifetime ago. Look, I like Rex, he seems like a good guy. MAybe it will work out better than he did with the Jests over the past few years. But if you are going to jump in and hire a guy early, you do it because you think he's far and away the best guy out there and you think you might lose him.

No one else was making a move yet. I agreew ith Dean: it's hard to imagine this was Whaley's choice.

Wait, so the better approach the Bills should have taken was let other teams hire the best candidates first and we take what's left over??? No offense, but your point of us acting first is incredibly absurd. We interviewed tons of coaches and aggressively went after their TOP choice clearly by acting first. And some how this bothers you...Amazing.

Maybe on draft day we should let the clock expire on our draft selection too and let teams jump ahead of us as we don't want to be too hasty with our pick.

This is the best the Pegulas could come up with--reaching all the way over to the Jets to rescue Rex Ryan? And he may bring in fellow dumpster denizen Trestman? Why jump on Rex now--why be the first to hire a HC?

Wow. How long did it take Whaley to come up with this? How does this immediately make us better?

I've been on a small bandwagon for Kubiak. He's now available--and not even an interview?

Uninspired first major move by Kim Pegula.....

WEO being WEO.

Still, he remains an option. I know you were addressing their defensive first rounders.

He is an option no question...And I imagine if Rex is still a fan he's going to be the Bills target in Free Agency...I'm hoping Rex has had enough of Sanchez to be honest...

I'm not a big Sanchez guy...I think he's got all the ability he needs but he throws WAY too many INT's and he always has...He played under one of the best Offensive minds in football this season and still threw too many INT's...I don't think any Coach can get that out of Sanchez's game...I think that's who he is...82 career TD's...80 career INT's...Not good enough... B-)

On a side note EJ's first 15 games were FAR more promising than Sanchez's first 15...FAR more impressive...Not saying much granted...But Rex was able to oversee the turning of Sanchez into a decent QB, albeit only for a bit...Maybe he can do the same with EJ who, IMHO is a better QB prospect... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Say what you will about the Jets QBs, Rex always had them throwing the ball downfield. Sanchez, geno, not very good but he let them play he never just dinked and dunked.

Yes, I recall that being a big reason how we forced 3 INT's in the first 2 minutes.

The thing that bothers me the most is we have a really talented team that was likely going to make the playoffs next year anyway. Now this worthless sack of crap is gonna get credit for it.

Can't wait to hear this fat POS run his mouth off all the time.

Sorry, but he's not a Buffalo type of guy who's humble with working class roots/mentality. He's a "I'm better than everyone else" type of guy.

And thats the mentality I want the bills to have... IM BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE

Because he's a horrible person. Buy, okay, its not about the person, its about finding a quality HC. So, I'm willing to listen. What's inspiring about Rex's 50-52 record as a HC?

Haha...find me one person who says REx is a horrible person....one besides you

Don't like it. We have a great D now - but we lose Schwartz, and they have to adapt to a new scheme. Doubt it will be great game 1, as would have been w Schwartz. Ryan proved he could take a good team and within 6 years turn it to crap - whoopee. Also he acted like an ass in the media first two years when Jets were good. Some say he learned, I say his team started to suck and thus he had to be humble. IF we get good look for the jackass to come back.

1+

You've expressed it. But now you're just crusading. You're on record, now go away.

And so are you.....its an opinion....like that stinky, unwashed thing you are sitting on. When you buy the team, you can ask people to leave the fan base....until then, its a discussion website where discussions take place.....god, why is that so hard to comprehend for some here.

Between Roman and Ryan, I see improvement on both sides of the ball in the near future. It is ridiculous to think otherwise. Next year's defense will be on another level. The LBer corps will emerge behind the D-line as an elite unit next year. If they can run with authority and shut down apposing offenses, they can go to the playoffs in style.

The team says they have every intention of keeping Schwartz as DC, and Greg Roman as OC would be a plus over Trestman.

Roman has built a power run game in San Fran, and more rushes then passes the last three years :wub:

Wait, does this mean Hackett won't be retained????😱

Between Roman and Ryan, I see improvement on both sides of the ball in the near future. It is ridiculous to think otherwise. Next year's defense will be on another level. The LBer corps will emerge behind the D-line as an elite unit next year. If they can run with authority and shut down apposing offenses, they can go to the playoffs in style.

I am so excited to see what Rex and Schwartz come up with. Watching Kiko is going to be a religious experience.

So we fired a coach who was 2 games below .500 to hire a coach who's 2 games (including playoffs) below .500?

Curiously, the internet is saying Schwartz is out and Schwartz is in. In fact, FanSided is reporting both.

http://fansided.com/2015/01/11/rex-ryan-wants-keep-jim-schwartz-bills-defensive-coordinator/

http://fansided.com/2015/01/11/buffalo-bills-replace-jim-schwartz-defensive-coordinator/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=RelatedCategory

(Yeah, I know, FanSided doesn't have 'real' sportswriters).

Why so much faith in Roman?

The more I think about it, the more I like the Ryan hiring, bringing in Roman and keeping Schwartz. It may not work out, but it's a great start for the Pegulas.

I also can't wait for the press conferences between Harrington, Sully and Ryan. Given the past history of Harrington and Sully the press conferences could be very entertaining.