Do you want the new stadium domed or open field?

Tipster19

That game would have been moved whether the game was to be played in a dome, or not... The parking lots, and surrounding roads, were impassible, it makes no difference what condition the playing surface was in.

Not to mention the roof would have collapsed with that much snow on it. They probably would have had to open it just to save the roof.

Which might just convince me that a retractable roof is the way to go. I was against this idea thinking it's an expensive toy. But if there is another monster snow fall they may need it to save the stadium.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

domed stadiums are sterile, i am old school, like the elements, it looks like studio football when played in a dome.. as for buffalo hosting a superbowl , not going to happen, and who cares.. when i watch a football game, i am not concerned about economics or if the stadium will spur growth and all that nonsense..

I like this stadium. Retractible. Would fit the style of the 1st ward of Buffalo. Definitely can leave open for games we choose, and covers the fans so would be a little better for you guys in December. It would be great to keep open for snow games but have some type of heating in the seats. This stadium cost $700 mil not a billion. The area is right in the heart of where all of the interstates leave for routes in the city, and lots of area could be made into parking. Closer for our Canadian friends so marketing can keep building season tickets.

I hope Pegula secures a naming contract as that makes it easier for him from a fiscal standpoint to keep investing in the team and coaching. Fro those traditionalists, put a major statue in the front of the stadium to Mr. Wilson with a nice plaque on the foolish club, and respect our past.

lucas-oil-stadium.jpgI

28_aug_08_-_10a.jpg

I am up for the Lucas Oil thing. And I agree that it fits the 1st Ward vibe.

I'm ambivalent about making it open or not for games, but I do believe Pegula will build a roofed facility that can be used for multiple purposes.

What has me most pumped is that the timing of the build should coincide nicely with my planned retirement. Can't wait to be able to move back and attend all the home games.

A dome is inevetible....and, as I have gotten older, the cold hurts worse than it used to...I am a long time season ticket holder. (I was there to open the Ralph) I guess I can't agree with those who want it downtown, however, as the roads in and out are inadequate for an event that has a crowd of 75K. Need a venue with roads out in 4 directions......the Lake is to big an obstacle downtown. That is not the politically correct view, but a very practical view wrt the sale of game day tickets imho. Nobody wants to go to a game that takes 3 hours to get back home after its over.

Any new stadium and design for a downtown stadium would have to include the redesigning of the roadways...the city has been trying to include this with any new development idea. It was the major reason why the cost of the now defunct Bass Pro deal was so expensive.

Indoor Stadium something like the one in Indy...count my tax dollars in!

Me personally I'd like an open field stadium. I like that later in the season that the weather makes a difference. To me it keeps football old school and and how it was originally meant to be played. Unfortunately the almighty dollar might make a difference here, especially if the Pegulas have designs on hosting a Super Bowl, if that could ever be a possibility.

To whom?

Anyway, pro football wasn't "originally meant to be played" in the cold. From the 30's to the 50's, the season was over before Christmas.

I like this stadium. Retractible. Would fit the style of the 1st ward of Buffalo. Definitely can leave open for games we choose, and covers the fans so would be a little better for you guys in December. It would be great to keep open for snow games but have some type of heating in the seats. This stadium cost $700 mil not a billion. The area is right in the heart of where all of the interstates leave for routes in the city, and lots of area could be made into parking. Closer for our Canadian friends so marketing can keep building season tickets.

I hope Pegula secures a naming contract as that makes it easier for him from a fiscal standpoint to keep investing in the team and coaching. Fro those traditionalists, put a major statue in the front of the stadium to Mr. Wilson with a nice plaque on the foolish club, and respect our past.

lucas-oil-stadium.jpgI

28_aug_08_-_10a.jpg

I can't speak to Lucas Oil but I was at the Texans game and was completely unimpressed. Yes, we sucked on the field, but our seats were in the upper tier and unlike the sunken Ralph, we had to climb Everest to our seats. Someone mentioned 'sterile' and that's accurate. Completely unappealing and-being closed in, you couldn't help but have to see and hear all the damn commercials they played during timeouts. If nothing else, a retractable roof would allow the commercial audio to escape..

It's most likely going to be a retractable roof stadium like it or not. They aren't going to build a new stadium and use it for 10 games a year like the ralph. They will be a retractable roof stadium that can be used year round for all types of events which will make money for the pegulas, the bills and buffalo. This isn't the team of the 90s, they aren't some team that is good in the cold lol. Stadium will be open most of the time unless there's bad weather and will be closed during blizzards preventing all that snow getting into the stadium.