Bills deny Redskins request to interview Schwartz for DC

YoloinOhio

A no brainer but still good to know someone actually tried but we're denied. Plus, it jumpstarts the idea that the Pegulas will up Schwartz's pay, which I guarantee they will do.

This is another break with the past, when we released everyone and they went flying out of the cupboard.

This is another break with the past, when we released everyone and they went flying out of the cupboard.

Yup. One of the very best elements of the new ownership will be the pay of the assistants and coordinators. Ralph was notoriously stingy with assistants pay, let alone HC. Now it won't be an issue. I wouldn't doubt if before the season starts Schwartz is the highest paid coordinator in the entire league (that is not a HC),

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I think you're right about that Kelly. Ralph was tight with the coin spent on coaches and the staff was pretty thin many years. Hope Pegs gets some early results from all the coin he's dropping. They have a real chance at building a winner here now. I'm glad the quitter quit and got out of the way. Though I do think there are a couple of hangers-on in the front office that need to clean out their desks.

Yup. One of the very best elements of the new ownership will be the pay of the assistants and coordinators. Ralph was notoriously stingy with assistants pay, let alone HC. Now it won't be an issue. I wouldn't doubt if before the season starts Schwartz is the highest paid coordinator in the entire league (that is not a HC),

If that keeps him here with an offensive minded HC that can get the best out of our offensive talent I'd pay him whatever it takes.

EDIT: We should keep Pagac, Pepper and Donnie Henderson too. It is no surprise to me that with a genuine high class coaching staff on one side of the ball for the first time in whenever that side of the ball proves itself elite.

Edited by GunnerBill

If that keeps him here with an offensive minded HC that can get the best out of our offensive talent I'd pay him whatever it takes.

EDIT: We should keep Pagac, Pepper and Donnie Henderson too. It is no surprise to me that with a genuine high class coaching staff on one side of the ball for the first time in whenever that side of the ball proves itself elite.

I hope they keep every last one of them, and extend them another 2 years each, just to turn the screws on Marrone that NOW we will extend our defensive staff, now that he is gone, haha...

But the real point I wanted to get to is, if Marrone gets a HC job somewhere, TECHNICALLY we don't have to let ANY of our assistants go with him to his new job, but in doing so, do we start to look bad, by denying, say, a Pepper Johnson a chance at DC if Marrone offers it to him?

If we get in an offensive-minded HC, than I think Hackett might be a goner anyways, as they will want their own guy in here as the OC, so it's fairly likely Hackett reunites with Marrone at his new job... But will the defensive guys follow, too?

I hope they keep every last one of them, and extend them another 2 years each, just to turn the screws on Marrone that NOW we will extend our defensive staff, now that he is gone, haha...

But the real point I wanted to get to is, if Marrone gets a HC job somewhere, TECHNICALLY we don't have to let ANY of our assistants go with him to his new job, but in doing so, do we start to look bad, by denying, say, a Pepper Johnson a chance at DC if Marrone offers it to him?

If we get in an offensive-minded HC, than I think Hackett might be a goner anyways, as they will want their own guy in here as the OC, so it's fairly likely Hackett reunites with Marrone at his new job... But will the defensive guys follow, too?

If Pepper Johnson for example is offered a promotion to DC we can't actually deny him permission. Although that could still work in our favour because would Doug be aware that Pepper yanked all his starters against the Bills? :D