Did Doug Marrone Quit on Buffalo Players?

HOUSE

Did Marrone quit on Buffalo players  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Did Doug Marrone Quit on Buffalo players ?

• Yes
    • No
    • I have my own feelings on this

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What checklist are you following?

And there are ways to go about things - forget the money. Via mass text? LMAO. Pure class. But yeah, I guess that's how you would bounce too, bro.

The Kubler-Ross model, also known as the "five stages of grief":

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

It's simple man - he just didn't have an epiphany over night man. He must've had this in his mind for a while. Let the players know at the end of the season, in person, like a decent HUMAN BEING.

Let the players know before your employer? I think you're really missing some key points of this saga. Marrone didn't want to leave. He wanted certain concessions from the FO. He tells players that he's threatening to leave, it looks bad in negotiations. Clearly, they were negotiating until the 11th hour.

You just don't get it. You think Marrone is cackling somewhere about how he screwed the Bills. That's why you are trying to demonize him.

Naaaaahhhh he didn't quit on the players. He quit on the community. He has no loyalty toward Buffalo and the fans. He's gone. I'm glad he's gone. His character was revealed. I read that he's having nice chats with the Jets owners. Good for them. Didn't take 24 hours for him to complete his transition from Buffalo Bill to this. Call it a business decision if you like. Remove the emotion and what do you have? Nothing. Without emotion I am not a Bills fan.

I am pissed. Unconscionable. However, I am glad he and his incompetent offense are gone. Gone.

He was going to get fired next year anyways. I see no dishonor in leaving for greener pastures since that is the very nature of free agent football. Loyalty in the corporate world is beyond dumb when you are merely an employee. The man got the last laugh. It happens.

Let the players know before your employer? I think you're really missing some key points of this saga. Marrone didn't want to leave. He wanted certain concessions from the FO. He tells players that he's threatening to leave, it looks bad in negotiations. Clearly, they were negotiating until the 11th hour.

You just don't get it. You think Marrone is cackling somewhere about how he screwed the Bills. That's why you are trying to demonize him.

Personally, you can't make phone calls? A mass txt? He didn't have time to call the players - even if he only called the team captains/locker room leaders/veterans?

I'm not "demonizing" him - I'm calling it like it is. There are right ways and wrong ways to do things. I don't have to like it, but it still doesn't change the reality of how he went about it. It was half-assed and weak.

Personally, you can't make phone calls? A mass txt? He didn't have time to call the players - even if he only called the team captains/locker room leaders/veterans?

I'm not "demonizing" him - I'm calling it like it is. There are right ways and wrong ways to do things. I don't have to like it, but it still doesn't change the reality of how he went about it. It was half-assed and weak.

Can you point me to another coach doing things differently?

He was going to get fired next year anyways. I see no dishonor in leaving for greener pastures since that is the very nature of free agent football. Loyalty in the corporate world is beyond dumb when you are merely an employee. The man got the last laugh. It happens.

Screw loyalty. I get the whole "it's a business" crap. I get it. Would you quit your job after two years and simply send your coworkers/subordinates a txt saying "peace, i'm out". If I was close to a coworker and he pulled that, I'd think he/she was a POS and I'd be glad they were gone. But that's just me. And I know that happens sometimes in every sector, but it still says a lot about the person, regardless. Just my opinion. Marrone don't give a crap about my opinion, I get it. Just stating how I feel about Marrone.

I mean, Im glad to hate on Marrone today, but I would never expect him to tell his employees before telling his employer. And how else can you communicate to 60-70 people at once besides text or emails?

In the real world you'd have conversations with the people you were close to, and then send the obligatory farewell email to the rest of the coworkers you could care less about.

Making 60 phone calls isn't too difficult. How many phone calls do you think he made to recruits when he was at Syracuse?

Listen, this a personal stance. There's no wrong/right. Just how I feel. I'll move on now, as it's pointless to argue over it.

did he even give a statement? What a coward. No thanking the fan base, players, etc?

see below...

Don't worry man, you should get a txt from him hopefully by tomorrow. He's gotta talk to Woody first. You know, priorities.

i said it in another thread...

If I am Aaron Williams or someone else I text "Doug sent us a text telling us he quit. Send him a text telling him goodbye 585-555-555"

ly

I absolutely agree. There is still no QB in Buffalo, so doing better than 9-7 will be extremely difficult.

Add to that the fact that the Bills basically lost only 1 player/starter to IR the entire season:

I'm not counting Chris Williams becuase he was horrible and already an injury threat when signed.

McLuvin: ehh. Did fine without him, maybe better?

Add to that the fact that the Bills basically lost only 1 player/starter to IR the entire season:

I'm not counting Chris Williams becuase he was horrible and already an injury threat when signed.

McLuvin: ehh. Did fine without him, maybe better?

What?

I say good riddence - we have been debating getting rid if this guy for weeks and he up and quits. He did the organization a favor - his heart wasn't in it. He turned and ran from buffalo the say way he did from cuse. Obviously the players feel he wuit on them. Within 2 years the nfl will blackball him. Billionaires tend to get a bit pissed when you screw with them.