Marrone was upset at the Buffalo Media

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't buy it. Did he hate dealing with them? Clearly. Did he quit because of it, hardly. That's laughable. It's typical character assassination by the media, the this case Carucci, by hiding bring anonymous sources. Talk about chicken bleep. You're gonna call the guy a baby by using an anonymous source. Media sucks. Not a huge marrone fan but I'll back the guy here. Because he doesn't like dealing with the media gets him characterized as thin skinned by that same media and that's bush league. The media has a false sense of entitlement with regards to sports and the expectation of courtesy with obligation. Good for Marrone, it's the one quality I appreciated, just like with Bill Belichek. .

I have to agree. I actually enjoyed it when he put these shmucks on ice. He tried being direct and open and they crucified him for it. Good luck in NYC though if that is where he lands.

I'm from Buffalo, visit the area every year and love the team. That stated, the posters here are a microcosm of the people of the city and some of you are the most bitter folks I've ever seen (or read). It is not just this board, but an overall attitude of misery for many. Petty jealousy about how much money a player makes compared to what 'they' make. As much as I loathe Jerry Sullivan, he is representative of so many people back there. From my anecdotal viewpoint, I attribute it to a miserable economy, poor weather and a decade and a half of losing football in a community where it matters so much to their identity. I write this as an understanding of why it is so difficult to succeed and why I feel some people (like Marrone) may have a bad taste.

Contrast that with where I live, in San Diego, and while people love the Chargers, they aren't jumping off any bridges when they didn't make the playoffs, because, well, they live in San Diego!

I'm from Buffalo, visit the area every year and love the team. That stated, the posters here are a microcosm of the people of the city and some of you are the most bitter folks I've ever seen (or read). It is not just this board, but an overall attitude of misery for many. Petty jealousy about how much money a player makes compared to what 'they' make. As much as I loathe Jerry Sullivan, he is representative of so many people back there. From my anecdotal viewpoint, I attribute it to a miserable economy, poor weather and a decade and a half of losing football in a community where it matters so much to their identity. I write this as an understanding of why it is so difficult to succeed and why I feel some people (like Marrone) may have a bad taste.

Contrast that with where I live, in San Diego, and while people love the Chargers, they aren't jumping off any bridges when they didn't make the playoffs, because, well, they live in San Diego!

And the Chargers have been good a few different times. If the Chargers had missed the playoffs 15 years in a row, they would have moved to LA by now.

I do agree that Buffalo people are bitter.

And the Chargers have been good a few different times. If the Chargers had missed the playoffs 15 years in a row, they would have moved to LA by now.

They can be some of the nicest people, but damn can they be miserable b*stards! My family included!

I have to agree. I actually enjoyed it when he put these shmucks on ice. He tried being direct and open and they crucified him for it. Good luck in NYC though if that is where he lands.

You are correct about him being direct and open initially. They did go after him. He should not have quit, but the Buffalo media went way over board -- especially with the whole 4th down thing.

I can guarantee all this has nothing to do with the freaking WNY media, even if Marrone did hate them.

Wait until he gets to NYC, if that's where he is headed. He'll get his head chewed off compared to the cream puff crowd in WNY.

Saints don't have the thick skin they used to. Poor Dougie Howser,

:lol:

I know he hated Mike Schopp!

But really, who doesn't?

Don't buy it. Did he hate dealing with them? Clearly. Did he quit because of it, hardly. That's laughable. It's typical character assassination by the media, the this case Carucci, by hiding bring anonymous sources. Talk about chicken bleep. You're gonna call the guy a baby by using an anonymous source. Media sucks. Not a huge marrone fan but I'll back the guy here. Because he doesn't like dealing with the media gets him characterized as thin skinned by that same media and that's bush league. The media has a false sense of entitlement with regards to sports and the expectation of courtesy with obligation. Good for Marrone, it's the one quality I appreciated, just like with Bill Belichek. .

I have to concur with this. I doubt that played any role.

If Da'Rick Rogers catches a pass in 2018 I expect to see a thread on it.

I am so happy that we will not have to waste another year with this loser, the only reason why the team won games was because of the defense (not his side of the ball).You cannot win in this league with the type of conservative offense he wanted to run, even with Chan Gaily our offence was twice as effective.

I am so happy that we will not have to waste another year with this loser, the only reason why the team won games was because of the defense (not his side of the ball).You cannot win in this league with the type of conservative offense he wanted to run, even with Chan Gaily our offence was twice as effective.

As head coach BOTH sides of the team are "your side". Better get used to that.

It's perceived as bitterness only because they haven't won. It's no different than any passionate sports city, though.

In fact, I'd say living here most fans, including lots of season ticket holders have just grown increasingly casual about the on field product and just take a wait and see approach. Nowhere near as opinonated as the 80's and 90's but then this organization has never been bad like this for anywhere near this long.