Doug Marrone opts out of contract

The Poojer

Just because Schwartz is under contract doesn't mean he stays. The new HC (assuming it's not Schwartz) may want his own guy.

I hope the Bills hire an offensive minded HC who keeps Schwartz.

Then again, if the Bills hire Cowher or Dungy, I'll be thrilled.

Edited by hondo in seattle

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, we get to start all over again...again...again...

New coach does not always mean starting over, no idea why people always think it does

If Schwartz stays all that will change is the offense which we all wanted anyway so what's the problem?

Marrone is probably going to poach either Henderson or Pepper Johnson to run his defense I will assume. I hope it's not Henderson. We don't have to let them go unless they get a promotion, which would be to DC. One of the good things Marrone did last year, a very good thing but a no brainer, was to not let Henderson interview with the Browns so we got to keep him. He's very, very good.

If Waley or Brandon leave, of their own accord or otherwise, it makes the Watkins move an even greater question mark.

They make the decision to forego a first rounder next year and then aren't here to live with the decision. And the impetus for the move...support for EJ....is made even more dubious as EJ's future in Buffalo becomes less assured under new management.

I like Watkins...so it's not about him personally. Are we talking about the move to get him as a major (yet typical) gaffe by Bills management ten years from now? Or as a turning point to secure a brighter future?

He just asked for extensions for his OC and OL and that is why he is gone.

I agree... I wasn't completely in the camp that Marrone had to go. He did some good things here. But, he also did some bad things. If he wanted his offensive coaching staff to stay in place... with extensions.. well, good riddance. Because, the one thing I think we can all agree on is that no one on the offensive side of the ball should be given anything... players and coaches.